Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your electrician have OCD?

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:15:28 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG

Wow. I thought I was growing up to be a finicky old fart.

The mice have nice straight runs for their race tracks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 9:01 AM, philo wrote:
Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Sure makes it easy to trace wires.

I like an OCD electrician.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/27/2016 08:29 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:15:28 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG

Wow. I thought I was growing up to be a finicky old fart.

The mice have nice straight runs for their race tracks.

My house sure does not look like that!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:
Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Oh my! That's beautiful

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/27/2016 07:01 AM, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

Wouldn't pass inspection in my town...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/27/2016 09:43 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 3/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:
Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Oh my! That's beautiful

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in :

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG

After all, the Code *does* require installations to be performed "in a neat and workmanlike
manner."

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 03/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

The two outlets must've been done by the homeowner instead...

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

....I was thinking the same thing!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:51:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 03/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

The two outlets must've been done by the homeowner instead...

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

That's my kind of electrician! Nice work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 12:04:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:51:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 03/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

The two outlets must've been done by the homeowner instead...

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a search for the term...you are too stupid to be on the internet!

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain wrote: "1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a search for the
term...you are too stupid to be on the internet! "

Instead of being mean, you could just tell
the guy: (O)bsessive (C)ompulsive
(D)isorder.

That said, has anyone here checked out
the wiring on Philippine utlity poles?? Not
saying anything about the people there,
heck, they'd stop to help a perfect stranger
with changing a tire. But some of those
wiring rat's nests scream 'imminent risk of
shock or fire'!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/27/2016 12:18 PM, wrote:
Philippine utlity poles

Found this

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=813_1363082149

OTOH: Here is what the US (and other) looked like at one time

http://io9.gizmodo.com/photos-from-t...d-t-1629961917
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Wow.

I have CDO.

It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 1:04:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:51:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 03/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

The two outlets must've been done by the homeowner instead...

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

Where do you get your stats from?

I'd bet my left nut that way more than half us know what OCD stands for.

(If you don't know what "stats" is short for, look it up. If you don't know what "nut"
is a substitute word for, look it up.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 9:15:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG

Harold1.jpg

Why doesn't the yellow wire near the 2 orange ones turn vertical so soon?

It seems like it should continue horizontal until it reaches the orange ones and
then turn vertical. I'd be calling that hack back to fixed it right away. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 13:02:17 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 9:15:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG

Harold1.jpg

Why doesn't the yellow wire near the 2 orange ones turn vertical so soon?

It seems like it should continue horizontal until it reaches the orange ones and
then turn vertical. I'd be calling that hack back to fixed it right away. ;-)

I never took you as a person with OCD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:15:28 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 08:01:42 -0500, philo wrote:

Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Electricians like to be neat

http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold1.JPG
http://electrical-contractor.net/forum/iw/Harold5.JPG

That's not OCD, that's CDO - in alphebetic order, the way it is
SUPPOSED to be!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:01:48 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Could you give a brief description of links that you post ?

That way folks have an idea if it's worth clicking on.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

?

That way folks have an idea if it's worth clicking on.

Andy

Pretty obvious, isn't it? Subject says " Does your
electrician have OCD?

Link says "
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjiaxfq30/wires66067_n.jpg?dl=0"

That .jpg extension should be a dead give away that it's a
picture of an OCD electrician.

I don't know how much more brief one could be, do you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a
search for the term...you are too stupid to be on the internet!

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to
load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use
newsgroups.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:18:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Instead of being mean, you could just tell
the guy: (O)bsessive (C)ompulsive
(D)isorder.

Thank You and Happy Easter !!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

https://www.drbox.com/s/u0jf8uxfq30/wi6067_n.jpg?dl=0

Could you give a brief description of links that you post ?

That way folks have an idea if it's worth clicking on.

Andy

He's probably got a virus, and his computer
is sending malware links.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a
search for the term...you are too stupid to be on the internet!

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day.

A search, on your own, would not involve going to every link posted here...poor excuse dude (may I say dude?)!

Here's what you get for "OCD" Google adds "definition" on drop-down: http://tinyurl.com/hx9hb2l

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a
search for the term...you are too stupid to be on the internet!

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to
load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use
newsgroups.....

Really...you can't follow links in threads that you are interested in,
yet you can post links to fake wrenches with hearts in the middle.

Either quit bitching about your "dial-up" issues or stop looking at
stupid images of fake wrenches.

In the time (dial-up time) you spent starting that waste of a thread
(A wrench for Heart Surgeons) you could have looked up OCD and not had
to complain about "more initials" that you don't understand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 09:49:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to
load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use
newsgroups.....

Really...you can't follow links in threads that you are interested in,
yet you can post links to fake wrenches with hearts in the middle.

Either quit bitching about your "dial-up" issues or stop looking at
stupid images of fake wrenches.

In the time (dial-up time) you spent starting that waste of a thread
(A wrench for Heart Surgeons) you could have looked up OCD and not had
to complain about "more initials" that you don't understand.

I dont tell you how to use your computer or your internet. Nor do I care
to take your ****ing advice. I already made a decision to never offer
you any help or advice again, after I wasted my time trying to help you
with your plumbing. Now, I see you're just a ****ing whiney assed prick.
I have a special tool made for assholes like you...... I will use it
now......

* PLONK *

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:27:18 -0400, wrote:

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the
internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to
load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use
newsgroups.....

Can't you set your browser to text only? That is why web authoring
programs require that all graphics are identified with a text
description.
I do run AOL 7 instead of 9 for my Email because it does not load that
pile of pictures and flash on every page when I am stuck somewhere
without WiFi. The browser embedded in there is IE6 that will run
graphic free.

Yes, I can do that, and often do. It helps, but it's not the pictures
that slow things down as much as all the scripts, and CSS crap. I have
scripts disabled, but much of that stuff still runs, or pages simply
will not load without scripts. Most of these sites where people can post
photos, are the worst. (Photobucket and similar). They just wont work
without scripts.....

Going back 10 years or more, almost all webpages which were simply text
and video would load fairly well, and within a few minutes or less, in
dialup. That is no longer the case! Even at a high speed WIFI some of
those sites stumble or dont render well, so I dont even bother with
them. The programmers of some sites should find a new career, such as
digging ditches or collecting garbage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo posted for all of us...

On 03/27/2016 09:43 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 3/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:
Saw this on Facebook

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

Oh my! That's beautiful

Now I'm going to have to rewire my entire house.

I will have to rewire my brain! Good luck with that. It fizzled out awhile
ago.

I could never plan far enough ahead to begin to be that neat. Although I did
like to line up screw heads on outlet covers.
--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain posted for all of us...

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 12:04:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:51:22 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 03/27/2016 8:01 AM, philo wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjia...067_n.jpg?dl=0

The two outlets must've been done by the homeowner instead...

More of those initials that half (or more) if us dont know. We live in a
world with far too many initials. In other words.... "What is OCD?"

1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a search for the term...you are too stupid to be on the internet!

I was hoping no one would answer this asshat. He is a maroon.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

Thanks again for jumping on this clown.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Oh..this oughta be fun!

Go take a look at your "A wrench for Heart Surgeons" and see how you are
getting slammed for the same reason as I brought up.

You have some more plonking to do!