Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A starve the troll pledge

I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

That sad I woke to find 7 seven) inches wet
snow (with a slush base of about an inch)
out there, today. I've only partly cleared
out, and started to get fatigue and shakes.
Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2016 8:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

That sad I woke to find 7 seven) inches wet
snow (with a slush base of about an inch)
out there, today. I've only partly cleared
out, and started to get fatigue and shakes.
Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

Maybe you ejaculated during the night.
Ever think of that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2016 2:46 PM, Tony944 wrote:
I am sorry Chris, In got up had coffee breakfast look out side 60 deg.
with nice sunny blue sky.

Are you at least doing some home repair,
today?

My Kenmore floor model humidifier, the
rubber belt came off again. Later today
I'm going to try to figure out how to
install the media pad that I bought,
years ago. The old one is crusty with
minerals. Probably part of the problem.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony944 wrote:
I am sorry Chris, In got up had coffee breakfast look out side 60
deg. with nice sunny blue sky.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

That sad I woke to find 7 seven) inches wet
snow (with a slush base of about an inch)
out there, today. I've only partly cleared
out, and started to get fatigue and shakes.
Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
.... and I hope it stays that way !

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:50:15 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2016 3:50 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

That sad I woke to find 7 seven) inches wet
snow (with a slush base of about an inch)
out there, today. I've only partly cleared
out, and started to get fatigue and shakes.
Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Snow plowing is suitable for AHR, I think.

Would be nice if you'd take the pledge with
me.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's
sittin' out there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete
blocks over each wheel for traction . So far this year he's only
gotten to play in the snow once ... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

Actually it's in the mid-50's here with patchy clouds and I spent a good
part of my day laying concrete blocks . If the weather holds I'll finish the
cellar walls this week and move on to the other support columns . All that
rain in December has me about 3-5 weeks behind schedule ... and the Mrs. is
quite irritated .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

We are pushing towards 90 degrees. And sunny of course. Hopefully it
will cool down at least one or two times before the real heat sets in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's
sittin' out there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete
blocks over each wheel for traction . So far this year he's only
gotten to play in the snow once ... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

Actually it's in the mid-50's here with patchy clouds and I spent a good
part of my day laying concrete blocks . If the weather holds I'll finish the
cellar walls this week and move on to the other support columns . All that
rain in December has me about 3-5 weeks behind schedule ... and the Mrs. is
quite irritated .

It's in the low 60's here, today. Nice!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's
sittin' out there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete
blocks over each wheel for traction . So far this year he's only
gotten to play in the snow once ... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

Actually it's in the mid-50's here with patchy clouds and I spent a good
part of my day laying concrete blocks . If the weather holds I'll finish the
cellar walls this week and move on to the other support columns . All that
rain in December has me about 3-5 weeks behind schedule ... and the Mrs. is
quite irritated .

I've followed your block project. Please post some final pics in the
spring when you finish. About time for me to start some food plants.
Clean the gas grill, smokers and pool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

77? Isn't that a bit chilly? 87 here, presently.

(Of course, when we're pushing 115, I may be singing a different tune...)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's
sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each
wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow
once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

77? Isn't that a bit chilly? 87 here, presently.

(Of course, when we're pushing 115, I may be singing a different tune...)

Um...we got up above freezing today. The skies were clear and blue and
the snow was deeper around the back wood pile than I was expecting.

It's all good

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

77? Isn't that a bit chilly? 87 here, presently.

I've taken my shirt off today- shorts, cap and flops

(Of course, when we're pushing 115, I may be singing a different tune...)

When we get ~ 115, you guys are hotter.

Was reading the other day Death Valley will soon have a major flower
bloom, plenty of color.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I started the 'maters and peppers on the 11th . I have 18 cells of tomatoes
(6 each of san marzano , amish paste , and mortgage lifter) up already , no
word from the peppers . You don't grill in the winter ? Shucks , I did a
pork butt just a couple of weeks ago on the smoker . Yo ho ho and the turkey
is next ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/16/2016 2:52 PM, Oren wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

77? Isn't that a bit chilly? 87 here, presently.

I've taken my shirt off today- shorts, cap and flops

Shirt always stays on, here (even in swimming pool). Know
too many folks with skin Ca.

(Of course, when we're pushing 115, I may be singing a different tune...)

When we get ~ 115, you guys are hotter.

Aw, you say the sweetest things! :-/

Was reading the other day Death Valley will soon have a major flower
bloom, plenty of color.

Our front yard is already filled with wildflowers (calif poppies,
lupines and blue bells). I've spent the past several years trying
to kill them off : Neighbors all love the sight -- but none
offer to help me PULL them when they go to seed (and fill an 85G
garbage can!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:09:47 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I started the 'maters and peppers on the 11th . I have 18 cells of tomatoes
(6 each of san marzano , amish paste , and mortgage lifter) up already , no
word from the peppers . You don't grill in the winter ? Shucks , I did a
pork butt just a couple of weeks ago on the smoker . Yo ho ho and the turkey
is next ...

I cook outside year round. Electric (smoker keeps the temps up) and
wood smokers. Gas grill or use of charcoal.

Dead cow tastes great. Had volunteer butternut squash come up last
year. Fed many neighbors and their friends. Bubba brought me 25# of
red onions I had to share, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I started the 'maters and peppers on the 11th . I have 18 cells of
tomatoes (6 each of san marzano , amish paste , and mortgage lifter)
up already , no word from the peppers . You don't grill in the
winter ? Shucks , I did a pork butt just a couple of weeks ago on
the smoker . Yo ho ho and the turkey is next ...

I cook outside year round. Electric (smoker keeps the temps up) and
wood smokers. Gas grill or use of charcoal.

Dead cow tastes great. Had volunteer butternut squash come up last
year. Fed many neighbors and their friends. Bubba brought me 25# of
red onions I had to share, too.

Awesome ! My new portable gas grill should be here tomorrow or the next
day . The burner tube on the RVQ100 that hangs on the camper has rusted away
too far to be safe . I've gotten spoiled , the gas grill is just so much
more convenient than lighting charcoal , and cheaper . It's still charcoal
for smoking though , with selected fruit woods or mesquite for added flavor
.. I use a Memphis-style dry rub that heavy on brown sugar . Forms a glaze
that seals in the juices . My own recipe , if anyone wants I'll post it .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/16/2016 2:52 PM, Oren wrote:

[...]

Come on, that's a small price to pay.

The blue bells we have here are bulb plants.
Pulling them won't work.
Even if you get the bulb, they have small bulbs that get missed.
Chemicals would be one way.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 11:28:05 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

That sad I woke to find 7 seven) inches wet
snow (with a slush base of about an inch)
out there, today. I've only partly cleared
out, and started to get fatigue and shakes.
Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

Nice try.

You started a thread about a pledge to help save a.h.r and the
thread quickly went off topic and is now about weather and plantings.

Seriously...nice try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I planted beets and radishes in the garden back in November and put up a
cold frame around it - like a mini hoop green house. I pretty much left
them to fend for themselves due to time and health issues, but last I
checked I've got beet greens and some small beets still growing. Didn't
get a look at the radishes, yet, tho. They were on the other end of the
cold frame.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/16/2016 10:12 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 11:28:05 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

Nice try.

You started a thread about a pledge to help save a.h.r and the
thread quickly went off topic and is now about weather and plantings.

Seriously...nice try.

Yep, less than 8 hours or so after my post,
total thread drift. I notice you didn't
take the pledge. Pretty much no one did.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/16/2016 09:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

Neighbor is a democrat?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's sittin' out
there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete blocks over each wheel
for traction . So far this year he's only gotten to play in the snow once
... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

Has Lake Mead dried up yet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2016 4:28 AM, Wayne Scoting wrote:
On 02/16/2016 09:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

Neighbor is a democrat?

To reply to this troll question would be to
violate my own pledge. Sigh. Well, at least
I made it for most of a day. Don't know;
I'll ask some day. Most likely.

The neighbor (on the phone in the AM) says
he can't get out his own door. In the afternoon
I called him back and asked if he's got food
and milk, bread, eggs. He says yes, this morning
he went to check his mail, and go to the grocery.

Sounds more like a Democrat all the time.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles laid this down on his screen :
wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's
sittin' out there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete
blocks over each wheel for traction . So far this year he's only
gotten to play in the snow once ... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

Actually it's in the mid-50's here with patchy clouds and I spent a good
part of my day laying concrete blocks . If the weather holds I'll finish the
cellar walls this week and move on to the other support columns . All that
rain in December has me about 3-5 weeks behind schedule ... and the Mrs. is
quite irritated .

It's in the low 60's here, today. Nice!

It's been in the 80's all this week and yesterday it made it to 92.
What season is it????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 2:27:26 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/16/2016 10:12 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 11:28:05 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

Nice try.

You started a thread about a pledge to help save a.h.r and the
thread quickly went off topic and is now about weather and plantings.

Seriously...nice try.

Yep, less than 8 hours or so after my post,
total thread drift. I notice you didn't
take the pledge. Pretty much no one did.

I didn't take the pledge because your subject line doesn't make sense in
relation to the content of your post.

Your subject line was "A starve the troll pledge" but your content was
about restricting your posts to "home and home repair comments".

When I read your subject line, I expected to see something related to your
goal of no longer replying to the Macaws or the Buford T's or the others
that just come in to a.h.r. to garner attention and stir things up.

Thread drift/off topic posts have nothing (directly) to do with trolls or
the feeding thereof. Sure, trolls often try to steer threads in other
directions, but so do many non-troll participants of any ng. It isn't
only trolls that start OT threads or cause thread drift.

Pledging to not feed trolls is a noble endeavor in its own right, but
based the content of your post, your subject line should have been something
like "A Home Repair Posts Only Pledge".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:16:00 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 2/16/2016 2:46 PM, Tony944 wrote:
I am sorry Chris, In got up had coffee breakfast look out side 60 deg.
with nice sunny blue sky.

Are you at least doing some home repair,
today?

My Kenmore floor model humidifier, the
rubber belt came off again. Later today
I'm going to try to figure out how to
install the media pad that I bought,
years ago. The old one is crusty with
minerals. Probably part of the problem.

I have a new mouse pad I'm going to try to figure out how to install.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Around here that would be a job for The Rusty Tractor . He's
sittin' out there in the yard with his chains on and 2 concrete
blocks over each wheel for traction . So far this year he's only
gotten to play in the snow once ... and I hope it stays that way !

Must be tough. Here it is 71°F, real feel 77°F and sunny clear blue
sky's. Oh the agony we suffer. Wife painted a door today.

Actually it's in the mid-50's here with patchy clouds and I spent a
good part of my day laying concrete blocks . If the weather holds
I'll finish the cellar walls this week and move on to the other
support columns . All that rain in December has me about 3-5 weeks
behind schedule ... and the Mrs. is quite irritated .

It's in the low 60's here, today. Nice!

It's been in the 80's all this week and yesterday it made it to 92. What
season is it????

Not really sure, but I've got spring fever.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

like "A Home Repair Posts Only Pledge".

Suppose I want to use something other than Pledge on my posts?

(-:

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/16/2016 2:46 PM, Tony944 wrote:
I am sorry Chris, In got up had coffee breakfast look out side 60 deg.
with nice sunny blue sky.

Are you at least doing some home repair,
today?

My Kenmore floor model humidifier, the
rubber belt came off again. Later today
I'm going to try to figure out how to
install the media pad that I bought,
years ago. The old one is crusty with
minerals. Probably part of the problem.

I have a new mouse pad I'm going to try to figure out how to install.

You buy houses for your mice?

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2016 12:40 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

like "A Home Repair Posts Only Pledge".

Suppose I want to use something other than Pledge on my posts?

(-:

Try Murphy's oil soap, instead.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 02:32:41 -0700, Jay Walker
wrote:

Has Lake Mead dried up yet?

Not yet :-)

A "third straw" has been added (deeper)

"The new intake taps the lake at 860 feet above sea level. That's 190
feet below the tallest existing intake and 218 feet below the lake's
surface level Wednesday.

The reservoir is down 147 feet from when it was at full capacity in
1983. It's currently 38 percent full."

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/9d27a8719b9e4c4c9588bf1469bb27c4/third-straw-uncapped-provide-lake-mead-water-vegas

Images of "bathtub ring" caused by minerals soaked into the rock.

https://tinyurl.com/jlkeuol

An old village that was flooded long ago has been exposed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2016 12:33 PM, Oren wrote:

A "third straw" has been added (deeper)

"The new intake taps the lake at 860 feet above sea level. That's 190
feet below the tallest existing intake and 218 feet below the lake's
surface level Wednesday.

The reservoir is down 147 feet from when it was at full capacity in
1983. It's currently 38 percent full."

Yeah, I don't think people can relate to just HOW low it actually is!
You have to ACTIVELY examine the photos to get a true idea of scale
"OhMiGosh! That little *speck* is a (20 or 30 ft) BOAT!!!"

Folks who grew up where you didn't think twice about "watering the lawn",
washing the car, etc. woul dfind it hard to relate to the different
"water-conscious" mindset.

Images of "bathtub ring" caused by minerals soaked into the rock.

https://tinyurl.com/jlkeuol

An old village that was flooded long ago has been exposed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Has Lake Mead dried up yet?

Not yet :-)

A "third straw" has been added (deeper)

"The new intake taps the lake at 860 feet above sea level. That's 190
feet below the tallest existing intake and 218 feet below the lake's
surface level Wednesday.

The reservoir is down 147 feet from when it was at full capacity in
1983. It's currently 38 percent full."

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/9d27a8719b9e4c4c9588bf1469bb27c4/third-straw-uncapped-provide-lake-mead-water-vegas

Images of "bathtub ring" caused by minerals soaked into the rock.

https://tinyurl.com/jlkeuol

An old village that was flooded long ago has been exposed.

Beautiful images, but also scary with it being so low and still getting
lower.

Which image showed the old village that was flooded that's now exposed?
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 14:31:03 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

Which image showed the old village that was flooded that's now exposed?

Do your own research and stop trolling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2016 9:26 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Pledging to not feed trolls is a noble endeavor in its own right, but
based the content of your post, your subject line should have been something
like "A Home Repair Posts Only Pledge".

Please lead by example. I'm sure you will
do great.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 10:17:57 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/17/2016 9:26 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Pledging to not feed trolls is a noble endeavor in its own right, but
based the content of your post, your subject line should have been something
like "A Home Repair Posts Only Pledge".

Please lead by example. I'm sure you will
do great.

Nice. I point out your error and you respond by telling me what I should be doing.

Have you ever heard the word "accountability"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/16/2016 08:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I pledge that for as long as I can (probably
about a day) I will post only home and home
repair comments.

This will help return AHR to HR.

That sad I woke to find 7 seven) inches wet
snow (with a slush base of about an inch)
out there, today. I've only partly cleared
out, and started to get fatigue and shakes.
Came into drink some water. Phone rang. It
is the guy across the street, wants me to
do his driveway also. No promises.

You ask too much my friend!

Hey, I researched some windows film today.

The People's Pledge The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 0 March 20th 11 06:47 PM
The People's Pledge Steve Firth UK diy 1 March 16th 11 10:29 AM
OT Bush's Oil Pledge against Iran Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 February 15th 06 04:25 AM
The Wreck - And Politics - And A New Pledge Tom Watson Woodworking 28 October 16th 04 02:24 AM
It's idiots like YOU, not the troll doing the disrupting. Troll disrupting rec.photo.*, alt.bible.prophecy, rec.woodworking, sci.med Loren Coe Woodworking 0 September 30th 03 02:05 AM