Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement Windows: Step #7

The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement
windows(scroll down after opening link below):

http://www.venturewindow.com/commerc...stall-a-window
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2016 9:08 PM, wrote:
The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement
windows(scroll down after opening link below):

http://www.venturewindow.com/commerc...stall-a-window

Use Apple OS-X?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2016 9:08 PM, wrote:
The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement
windows(scroll down after opening link below):

http://www.venturewindow.com/commerc...stall-a-window

Use Apple OS-X?

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Are on some kinda medication or drunk lately?
If there is nothing to contribute keep silence,
PLEASE!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2016 9:08 PM, wrote:
The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement
windows(scroll down after opening link below):

http://www.venturewindow.com/commerc...stall-a-window

Use Apple OS-X?

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

May I ask which version? Is that Apple or Mac OS?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2016 9:49 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2016 9:08 PM, wrote:
The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement
windows(scroll down after opening link below):

http://www.venturewindow.com/commerc...stall-a-window

Use Apple OS-X?

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

May I ask which version? Is that Apple or Mac OS?

I'm told that either would be a good replacement for
windows 7.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2016 9:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Are on some kinda medication or drunk lately?
If there is nothing to contribute keep silence,
PLEASE!

If you don't have any thing nice to say, then
don't say it at all.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote: "If you don't have any thing nice to say, then "

Or NOTHING ABOUT THE THREAD
TOPIC, then say nothing at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 18:08:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

The most neglected step - #7 - of installing replacement
windows(scroll down after opening link below):

http://www.venturewindow.com/commerc...stall-a-window

Perhaps "most neglected" by less experienced DIY installers. Some use
nail guns and cannot make the adjustment to the jambs. Screws are the
best method. "Drill a Shank Hole or Clearance Hole" (oversized
slightly larger than the shank). Otherwise, screw threads will pull
the jamb in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLOIxtdRyM&index=13&list=PL1szv0FP8dUthzy Av88t3sQzhxFLWMXRF

This approach reduces chances of bowing the jamb and allows easy
adjustment to get the jamb plumb. Same approach on door jambs. I never
(mostly) use nails or nail guns for window/door jambs. For doors, I
use a 4" screw in the hinges into the jack studs - no need to putty
screw heads on the jamb. Clean and simple.

Did you neglect to follow Step #7 ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote: "Did you neglect to follow Step #7 ? "

Me? NEVER.

Our installers 23 years ago did, and the house
was drafty and cold, plus a sash fell out of its
track when my Mom went to windex it! On some
of the windows, the frame flexed visibly, and the
gaps were over 1/8". I was 23, and discovered
the jamb adjusters by accident. Those Mercury
Excelums had adjusters in both inner and outer
sash rails. Turning the screws clockwise caused
the jambs to bow inward - toward the middle of the
window. Easy as pie!

My issue is most online videos aren't detailed
enough to include jamb adjustment. And many
caprenters/installers have told me that if the
windows were ordered the correct size, you
don't need to touch them anyway. I
respectfully disagreed with them, and we
went about our separate ways.

But I do know not to over torque them, so
that the sash cannot be tilted back up into
their rails, or are impossible to open & shut.
LOL It's because I learned of these adjustments
years ago the house still has the same windows,
in perfect working condition.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2016 6:41 PM, Oren wrote:

Good for you. Keep in mind that some online videos can be dangerous
to your health. I've seen them and shook my head.

I hope Tekkie (R) is an equal opportunity
criticizer. And that I'm not his only
target.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon:

By "I hope Tekkie (R)"
to whom are you referring?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:09:50 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/10/2016 6:41 PM, Oren wrote:

Good for you. Keep in mind that some online videos can be dangerous
to your health. I've seen them and shook my head.

I hope Tekkie (R) is an equal opportunity
criticizer. And that I'm not his only
target.

Refute what Tekkie said. Don't act like a victim. You could have
offered ideas to the original subject from the OP, but you didn't.

Tekkie got your goat. It ****ed you off so you play the victim card?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/10/2016 6:41 PM, Oren wrote:

Good for you. Keep in mind that some online videos can be dangerous
to your health. I've seen them and shook my head.

I hope Tekkie (R) is an equal opportunity
criticizer. And that I'm not his only
target.

Refute what Tekkie said. Don't act like a victim. You could have
offered ideas to the original subject from the OP, but you didn't.

Tekkie got your goat. It ****ed you off so you play the victim card?

To refute Tekkie would be nearly impossible. How
does one prove a negative? "I did not say that...."
Not worth the bother. Just a time waster.

Time wasters are one of the big ploys that I try
to avoid. More than enough said.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2016 8:52 PM, Oren wrote:
Tekkie was not even a commenter in your posting? It was a back-door
cheap shot from the Morman. A way to get around Tekkie's filter.

I hope you are an equal opportunity
criticizer. My "cheap shot" was a reply
to.....

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:02:55 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/10/2016 8:52 PM, Oren wrote:
Tekkie was not even a commenter in your posting? It was a back-door
cheap shot from the Morman. A way to get around Tekkie's filter.

I hope you are an equal opportunity
criticizer. My "cheap shot" was a reply
to.....

Take it up with Tekkie. Comment on Step #7 instead. OP had a
legitimate subject and comment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote: "Take it up with Tekkie. Comment on Step #7 instead. OP had a legitimate subject and comment. "

I get it. I'M 'Tekkie'!! Cute, Oren, but
unnecessary given you have contributed
more to my topic than Mormon and Hwang
combined. Wish there was a way to hide
their contributions, such that they are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:10:53 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

I am still wondering what is Apple OS X with step #7 ???

Ask the Mormon. He brought is up and never offered anything
substantive in the very first reply to the subject. Then he brought
up Tekkie - nothing to do with the subject.

He stood up when he could have shut up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote: "substantive in the very first reply to the subject. Then he brought up Tekkie - nothing to do with the subject. "

I apologize Oren. So Mr. "learn about Jesus"
lent me the nickname. Charmed, I'm sure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/10/2016 8:52 PM, Oren wrote:
Tekkie was not even a commenter in your posting? It was a back-door
cheap shot from the Morman. A way to get around Tekkie's filter.

I hope you are an equal opportunity
criticizer. My "cheap shot" was a reply
to.....

Take it up with Tekkie. Comment on Step #7 instead. OP had a
legitimate subject and comment.

Now the guy who accused me of a cheap shot is
trying to divert my attention to someone else.

You playing the innocent victim, here?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2016 10:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 9:29:26 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

I'm glad to have commented on Step #7 for you. I know Step #7

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Oh, gosh. I'm so glad I read this list. That's
the one I love the most. That, and resolve to
never install another replacement window as
long as I live. Or maybe just for today? Which
was it?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:16:17 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/10/2016 10:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 9:29:26 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

I'm glad to have commented on Step #7 for you. I know Step #7

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Oh, gosh. I'm so glad I read this list. That's
the one I love the most. That, and resolve to
never install another replacement window as
long as I live. Or maybe just for today? Which
was it?

1. We admitted we were powerless over weather -- that our drafts had become
unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Window greater than single panes could restore
us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our windows and our lives over to the care
of Wonder Window as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless window inventory of the Home Centers.

5. Admitted to Lowes, to ourselves, and to a higher contractor the exact
nature of our windows.

6. Were entirely ready to have someone remove all these defects of the
building.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our aluminum triple track storms.

8. Made a list of all caulking we had harmed, and became willing to
make amends to all sealants.

9. Made direct amends to such sealants wherever possible, except when
to do so would require new siding.

10. Continued to take window inventory and when they were drafty
promptly replaced them.

11. Sought through loans and savings to improve our conscious separation
from weather, as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of U values
and the power to increase that.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we
tried to carry this message to homeowners, and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:c3ac12bf-5f33-4a88-a6e7-
:

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we
tried to carry this message to homeowners, and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.

What an asshole post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ayy...

What hath I wrought?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:57:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

What hath I wrought?

Replacement Windows: Step #7. No worry though