Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Replacement Windows: Step #7

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:16:17 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/10/2016 10:38 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 9:29:26 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:

I'm glad to have commented on Step #7 for you. I know Step #7

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Oh, gosh. I'm so glad I read this list. That's
the one I love the most. That, and resolve to
never install another replacement window as
long as I live. Or maybe just for today? Which
was it?

1. We admitted we were powerless over weather -- that our drafts had become
unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Window greater than single panes could restore
us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our windows and our lives over to the care
of Wonder Window as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless window inventory of the Home Centers.

5. Admitted to Lowes, to ourselves, and to a higher contractor the exact
nature of our windows.

6. Were entirely ready to have someone remove all these defects of the
building.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our aluminum triple track storms.

8. Made a list of all caulking we had harmed, and became willing to
make amends to all sealants.

9. Made direct amends to such sealants wherever possible, except when
to do so would require new siding.

10. Continued to take window inventory and when they were drafty
promptly replaced them.

11. Sought through loans and savings to improve our conscious separation
from weather, as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of U values
and the power to increase that.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we
tried to carry this message to homeowners, and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.