Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 14,972 Lbs

On 10/27/2015 1:42 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/27/2015 3:28 AM, philo wrote:
On 10/27/2015 05:14 AM, Don Y wrote:

(of course, the fact that I tend to *only* eat ice cream at these
times probably plays a role!)

There's one thing I don't do . I almost never have a dessert or junk
food. I
also quit drinking many years ago...so between that and the fact that I
absolutely cannot sit still...keeps my weight down.

I eat "somewhat" healthy -- still too much red meat for what the MD would
like (I think he'd have me eating sawdust if he could!). No sweets
(despite baking virtually every week -- for others! E.g., 50 pounds of
flour will disappear between now and the holiday) -- my sole indulgence
being ice cream. But, must be *homemade* which makes it much harder
to come by (I have to plan ahead to make it and allow a few *days*
before I can "indulge").

While my vocation is largely "desk work", I regularly am involved in
yardwork, home repairs, assisting neighbors, etc. -- so, I get off
my *ss pretty regularly and "break into a sweat".

For regular exercise, I walk 3.8 miles each day (in 56 minutes -- 33%
faster than "average").

My biggest risk factor is poor sleep habits; why sleep when there are
so many interesting things to do?? :

Lucky you.

well. I'm only 5' 6" so that's why I said at 170# I'm not skinny

but for me that 170# does not put me in the overweight category
either...that's
just the way I'm built I guess

I think you would be surprised at what the MD's consider "normal weight"
to be! I'm 165-175 at pretty much 6' and the 175 gets pretty close to
borderline "overweight". Always want to ask the MD to step on the scale
while he's "frowning" at me! :-/

There are tables that can give you a nominal idea of what your weight
"should" be. But, you really need to have a specific assessment as
percent muscle and percent fat are very different issues. Heavy
and muscular is preferable to heavy and flabby.

By any chart I'm over weight but I know I really have just a small
amount of flab.

I rarely weight myself and judge things by what belt loop I use.

SWMBO gets annoyed that I can take off my pants without
unbuckling/unzipping.
"No hips" -- doesn't matter what size I wear, the "shape" is the deciding
factor in that regard.

(wearing a belt actually makes things worse as the added weight of
the belt buckle *drags* my pants down. Trips to Home Depot are
particularly risky as both hands are typically busy holding a piece
of lumber, bag of Quickrete, etc. -- no free hands to pull the
pants back up when they start creeping down!)

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 14,972 Lbs and still can't hold up trousers

On 10/29/2015 12:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/27/2015 1:42 PM, Don Y wrote:
SWMBO gets annoyed that I can take off my pants without
unbuckling/unzipping.
"No hips" -- doesn't matter what size I wear, the "shape" is the deciding
factor in that regard.

(wearing a belt actually makes things worse as the added weight of
the belt buckle *drags* my pants down. Trips to Home Depot are
particularly risky as both hands are typically busy holding a piece
of lumber, bag of Quickrete, etc. -- no free hands to pull the
pants back up when they start creeping down!)

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy for
just those reasons.

Hope that wasn't too graphic for you
gentle readers.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:35:03 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Humm, He must have worked his ass off. Perhaps he made a bad investment and lost his ass. Maybe he saw something so funny that he laughed his ass..... o_O

[8~{} Uncle Ass Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 10:13 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:35:03 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!
--
Maggie

Humm, He must have worked his ass off. Perhaps he made a bad investment and lost his ass. Maybe he saw something so funny that he laughed his ass..... o_O

[8~{} Uncle Ass Monster

Sounds like a real hip dude.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 6:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/29/2015 12:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/27/2015 1:42 PM, Don Y wrote:
SWMBO gets annoyed that I can take off my pants without
unbuckling/unzipping.
"No hips" -- doesn't matter what size I wear, the "shape" is the
deciding
factor in that regard.

(wearing a belt actually makes things worse as the added weight of
the belt buckle *drags* my pants down. Trips to Home Depot are
particularly risky as both hands are typically busy holding a piece
of lumber, bag of Quickrete, etc. -- no free hands to pull the
pants back up when they start creeping down!)

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No
hips!

I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy for
just those reasons.

Hope that wasn't too graphic for you
gentle readers.

He'll wear suspenders sometimes, too.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 9:13 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I'll have to ask him what he thinks the cause it, but I'm betting he'll
say he works his ass off. lol

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

I have a genetic defect , runs in my family and is called noassetall .
I've considered suspenders but it's just short of annoying enough to
actually get and use them .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 12:28 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Muggles wrote:
[...]

LOL I've seen a lot of men with that same problem. They can't seem to
keep their pants up.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

We had a President like that and now his wife is running for President. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Pants Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

I'm not voting for her, that's for sure!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles posted for all of us...

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

I don't have that problem. Tell him to gain weight and use his belt as a
homemade gastric band. That's what I do. :-(

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 07:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/29/2015 12:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/27/2015 1:42 PM, Don Y wrote:
SWMBO gets annoyed that I can take off my pants without
unbuckling/unzipping.
"No hips" -- doesn't matter what size I wear, the "shape" is the
deciding
factor in that regard.

(wearing a belt actually makes things worse as the added weight of
the belt buckle *drags* my pants down. Trips to Home Depot are
particularly risky as both hands are typically busy holding a piece
of lumber, bag of Quickrete, etc. -- no free hands to pull the
pants back up when they start creeping down!)

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No
hips!

I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy for
just those reasons.

Hope that wasn't too graphic for you
gentle readers.

It's the new style. Lots of local black kids wear their pants down
around their knees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 7:19 PM, Jack wrote:
On 10/29/2015 07:37 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy for
just those reasons.

It's the new style. Lots of local black kids wear their pants down
around their knees.

Oh, yes, that's my excuse. I'm part plumber,
and part brother. Know what I'm saying, home
repair boy? Now I'm going to get down to my
crib and jive.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 2:39:17 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

I don't have that problem. Tell him to gain weight and use his belt as a
homemade gastric band. That's what I do. :-(
--
Tekkie

Do you have one of those "Wonder Belt" figure enhancers? You can use it to lift and accentuate the look of your belly. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Gut Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2015 2:39 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

I don't have that problem. Tell him to gain weight and use his belt as a
homemade gastric band. That's what I do. :-(

I'd rather he where the suspenders.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 2:39:17 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

I don't have that problem. Tell him to gain weight and use his belt as a
homemade gastric band. That's what I do. :-(
--
Tekkie

Do you have one of those "Wonder Belt" figure enhancers? You can use it to
lift and accentuate the look of your belly. ^__^

This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17
http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/Mes...aner?HFMdqUjAW

[8~{} Uncle Gut Monster

Never seen it. But I doubt it would do anything for me. It would probably
pop at a seam and reverse the earths rotation.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 1:59:42 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 2:39:17 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!

I don't have that problem. Tell him to gain weight and use his belt as a
homemade gastric band. That's what I do. :-(
--
Tekkie

Do you have one of those "Wonder Belt" figure enhancers? You can use it to
lift and accentuate the look of your belly. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Gut Monster

Never seen it. But I doubt it would do anything for me. It would probably
pop at a seam and reverse the earths rotation.
--
Tekkie

Oh, so you're one of those walking earthquakes. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Quake Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

You put it too nicely. I'm a rambling wreck. Bull in a china shop. Worse
nightmare. Asshole. Feel free to add your own...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1:52:45 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

Heck I was very heavy at one time. I couldn't see Mr.Happy and the two nuts who hang around with him when I looked straight down, I had to use a mirror. Now those damn nuts are black and blue. I no longer have a baby bump or man boobs and all I did was cut the liquid sugar out of my diet. I've actually gained a bit of weight since I started getting out of bed and moving around more which makes me believe I'm building muscle. My weight is up to 281 lbs and I'm not a rolypoly or chunk of blubber with arms and legs. I'm strong enough to walk if I had new knees and I'll be strapping on my braces then shuffling around in my walker as soon as the family jewels heal up. Gee, I could graduate to a cane in a few months and in a year, I could be break dancing again. ^_^

Mr.T my friend, keep fighting and don't give up. Tell your problems to go frak themselves and that you refuse to be beaten. Look upon that wreck of yourself as raw material that can be pounded into something useful again. You can beat depression one of two ways or with a combination of both anger and humor. One of them is less stressful than the other. Guess which one I use more often? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Wrecked Monster