Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default 14,972 Lbs

On 10/29/2015 9:13 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:35:03 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 10/27/2015 1:42 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 10/27/2015 3:28 AM, philo wrote:
On 10/27/2015 05:14 AM, Don Y wrote:

(of course, the fact that I tend to *only* eat ice cream at these
times probably plays a role!)

There's one thing I don't do . I almost never have a dessert or junk
food. I
also quit drinking many years ago...so between that and the fact that I
absolutely cannot sit still...keeps my weight down.

I eat "somewhat" healthy -- still too much red meat for what the MD would
like (I think he'd have me eating sawdust if he could!). No sweets
(despite baking virtually every week -- for others! E.g., 50 pounds of
flour will disappear between now and the holiday) -- my sole indulgence
being ice cream. But, must be *homemade* which makes it much harder
to come by (I have to plan ahead to make it and allow a few *days*
before I can "indulge").

While my vocation is largely "desk work", I regularly am involved in
yardwork, home repairs, assisting neighbors, etc. -- so, I get off
my *ss pretty regularly and "break into a sweat".

For regular exercise, I walk 3.8 miles each day (in 56 minutes -- 33%
faster than "average").

My biggest risk factor is poor sleep habits; why sleep when there are
so many interesting things to do?? :

Lucky you.

well. I'm only 5' 6" so that's why I said at 170# I'm not skinny

but for me that 170# does not put me in the overweight category
either...that's
just the way I'm built I guess

I think you would be surprised at what the MD's consider "normal weight"
to be! I'm 165-175 at pretty much 6' and the 175 gets pretty close to
borderline "overweight". Always want to ask the MD to step on the scale
while he's "frowning" at me! :-/

There are tables that can give you a nominal idea of what your weight
"should" be. But, you really need to have a specific assessment as
percent muscle and percent fat are very different issues. Heavy
and muscular is preferable to heavy and flabby.

By any chart I'm over weight but I know I really have just a small
amount of flab.

I rarely weight myself and judge things by what belt loop I use.

SWMBO gets annoyed that I can take off my pants without
unbuckling/unzipping.
"No hips" -- doesn't matter what size I wear, the "shape" is the deciding
factor in that regard.

(wearing a belt actually makes things worse as the added weight of
the belt buckle *drags* my pants down. Trips to Home Depot are
particularly risky as both hands are typically busy holding a piece
of lumber, bag of Quickrete, etc. -- no free hands to pull the
pants back up when they start creeping down!)

Funny, my husband has the same problem with his pants staying on! No hips!
--
Maggie

Humm, He must have worked his ass off. Perhaps he made a bad investment and lost his ass. Maybe he saw something so funny that he laughed his ass..... o_O

[8~{} Uncle Ass Monster

I'll have to ask him what he thinks the cause it, but I'm betting he'll
say he works his ass off. lol

--
Maggie