Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit breaker box / and now cool kids

On 10/20/2015 6:06 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/20/2015 12:47 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/19/2015 5:44 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]
Seeing that film and a bit more reading convinced us
geeks and bookworms to never follow the crowd and be
like the "cool" kids. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Geek Monster

I never thought the cool kids were cool, so never wanted to follow in
their foot steps.

I still remember the day in third grade, the cool
kids gave me to the end of the day to decide. I could
either be one of the cool kids, or I could stick with
my other friend. I chose to avoid the cool kids. And
looking back, I wonder how things might have been
different. I'll likely never know.

I guess lung cancer, alcoholism, drunk driving arrests
and lying to everyone has appeal to some people.

I never understood the appeal.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2015 12:28 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/20/2015 6:06 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I still remember the day in third grade, the cool
kids gave me to the end of the day to decide. I could
either be one of the cool kids, or I could stick with
my other friend. I chose to avoid the cool kids. And
looking back, I wonder how things might have been
different. I'll likely never know.

I guess lung cancer, alcoholism, drunk driving arrests
and lying to everyone has appeal to some people.

I never understood the appeal.

Maybe that's why you and I never did the cool kids
thing. We can't understand the appeal.

No worries, I got into plenty of trouble on my own.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2015 8:10 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/21/2015 12:28 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 10/20/2015 6:06 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I still remember the day in third grade, the cool
kids gave me to the end of the day to decide. I could
either be one of the cool kids, or I could stick with
my other friend. I chose to avoid the cool kids. And
looking back, I wonder how things might have been
different. I'll likely never know.

I guess lung cancer, alcoholism, drunk driving arrests
and lying to everyone has appeal to some people.

I never understood the appeal.

Maybe that's why you and I never did the cool kids
thing. We can't understand the appeal.

No worries, I got into plenty of trouble on my own.

I usually watched other people get into trouble and made note of what
got them into trouble. Then avoided what they did, not that I never
actually DID anything that I might get into trouble for doing, just that
I learned better how to NOT get into trouble.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit breaker box hisses

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I own several expensive ratcheting hand held crimp tools that accurately hold a terminal in the same position and all the crimps come out the same. That type tool and an automatic wire stripper are absolutely necessary when working on an installation where thousands of connections must be made. The muscles in my right forearm became so large that the the other guys on the job thought that I was,..... never mind. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Crimp Monster

Strengthening your forearm.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:47:22 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:43:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/16/2015 8:24 PM,
wrote:

I agree that it is best to inspect and replace burnt parts as needed.
OTOH, if he can stop the arcing temporarily it is safer than allowing it
to continue until he can do it right. If he wants to be completely
safe, pull the meter until you can get an electrician.
Absolutely no way you need to (or even should) pull the meter. Just
turn off the main breaker and no current can flow. No current means no
arc. No heat. No problem.

How about when he tugs on the hex wrench and braces himself using the
enclosure? Or better yet those $5 gummies on a moist concrete floor.

You are not reading the thread - or responding to it.

My response was to the following - and I quote " If he wants to be
completely safe, pull the meter until you can get an electrician."

Someone said to pull the meter and call an electrician.
I'm not talking about repairing the fault.
Pulling the meter is NOT something a homeowner should do - and it is
NOT necessary to render the bad connection safe. Throwing the main
breaker disconnects all loads from the service- making the bad
connection a non issue and totally safe untill the electrician arrives
and has the utility do the disconnect - either by pulling the fuse on
the pole, or pulling the meter.

You call yourself a "tekkie". I'm not so sure.

Sorry, I didn't read that. But then again I don't read many of these threads
because they go into another orbit.

If I promise to read your stuff more carefully will you forgive me?

Do you see the part in your reply where you state to pull the meter, then
later state it is not necessary. Flip the breaker. I am sorry if I'm
confused but did I read it correctly? Not trying to be confrontational but
perhaps I mixed replies up...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2015 8:24 PM, wrote:

[...]

Sure

Do you see the part in your reply where you state to pull the meter, then
later state it is not necessary. Flip the breaker. I am sorry if I'm
confused but did I read it correctly? Not trying to be confrontational but
perhaps I mixed replies up...

I thiunk you did, because the only place I wrote "pull the meter" as
an instruction was in quotes - " If he wants to be completely safe,
pull the meter until you can get an electrician." quoting what
another poster had recommended, and saying "Pulling the meter is NOT
something a homeowner should do - and it is NOT necessary to render
the bad connection safe"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 12:58:53 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I own several expensive ratcheting hand held crimp tools that accurately hold a terminal in the same position and all the crimps come out the same.. That type tool and an automatic wire stripper are absolutely necessary when working on an installation where thousands of connections must be made. The muscles in my right forearm became so large that the the other guys on the job thought that I was,..... never mind. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Crimp Monster

Strengthening your forearm.
--
Tekkie

Yea that's it and I'm sticking to my story! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lying Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe you got a cat in there, little feller?