Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV Antenna Mast: 2x4 Bolted To Outside Of Garden Shed?

I am going to make the breadboard TV antenna installation on my garden
shed permanent.

To that end, I will use two 4" standoff brackets to hold the mast:

- One up at the eve, so it will bolt into a frame member.

- The other a few feet off the ground. Seems pretty obvious that
the skin of the shed lacks the strength to support something like
that so I will bolt a 2x4 to the outside with bolts going trough
the skin into 3 of the vertical frame members inside the shed....
and then I'll attach the lower standoff bracket to the 2x4.

The Question:

Are there any Good Practices for something like this?

I'm thinking in terms of the 2x4 up against the skin of
the shed and rot growing between the two as rainwater
seeps into the joint.

Something inside the shed instead of outside ?

# of lag bolts per vertical frame member? 1 centered
in the 2x4 or two spread apart?
--
Pete Cresswell

strap antenna mast to chimney ?? Atila Iskander Home Repair 26 September 27th 12 05:14 PM
Home mounting of WiFi antenna - advice sought for a too-shortantenna mast J.G. Home Repair 77 September 13th 12 09:25 AM
Advice sought for installing a 2" WISP antenna in an existing 3.5"cut-off mast hole Frank Wilson Home Repair 24 December 20th 11 04:42 AM
Garden Shed Gus Noon UK diy 4 August 17th 07 05:05 PM
New roof - what to install for antenna mast? Dan_Musicant Home Repair 10 October 18th 05 11:21 PM