Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden Shed

Hi Im getting a new shed in the next couple of days ('
10'x8') and Im needing it to store / work on computers whats the best way to
insulate it
Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gus Noon wrote:
Hi Im getting a new shed in the next couple of days ('
10'x8') and Im needing it to store / work on computers whats the best
way to insulate it

Only done this once, so no expert but I used this
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/161197 and clad the inside with 6mm ply.
Seemed to work a treat.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:29:56 +0100, "Gus Noon"
wrote:

Hi Im getting a new shed in the next couple of days ('
10'x8') and Im needing it to store / work on computers whats the best way to
insulate it
Thanks

Weeellll....

I did this some time ago. It was a "how can I do it" thing and went
something like...

Stick fibreglass insulation (as used in loft spaces) into the
recesses. ie right against the shiplap timbers. Cut hardboard panels
to cover the f/glass and held them in place by nailing quadrant strips
around the edges. I did the roof as well and that was the trickiest -
need a helper to hold the panels up while fixing.

There's probably someone along in a mo telling how to do it better and
why not to do it this way (cynical or what), But anyway that's how I
did it - and oh, the "some time ago" was 16 years. It's still there
and needs very little in the way of heating in winter. Summer - I
have to leave the door open:-)

I just used large concrete slabs as the base and put the shed on them.
They were 10st each and I'm just about over it now! Make sure the
base parts of the shed and bottom couple of panels are well/pressure
treated timbers as rain splashes bounce quite high I found.

Hope that's a help anyway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gus Noon wrote:

Hi Im getting a new shed in the next couple of days ('
10'x8') and Im needing it to store / work on computers whats the best way to
insulate it

Best would be PIR foam panels like celotex, ecotherm, kingspan etc.
Cheaper would be 50mm jablite. Use a ply skin inside either of those.

--
Cheers,

John.

Garden Shed (0/1) Fred Woodworking 2 June 4th 06 08:01 PM
Garden shed - How big???? Pedro Popadopolous UK diy 6 July 20th 05 10:33 PM
Garden Shed Woodworking 9 May 3rd 05 01:52 PM
So this is a garden shed... Rod Hewitt UK diy 12 November 23rd 03 04:30 PM
Garden Shed Andrew McKay UK diy 4 August 25th 03 04:45 PM