Default Garden Shed

Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to build a
garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

Doug Miller

In article , "Scottie" wrote:
Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to build a
garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

Do a Google search - they're all over the place.

--
Regards,

SBO

Try this (not just shed plans).

Good luck!

Amateur Woodworker Archive
Free Projects
Free Woodworking Plans
New Yankee Workshop
plans
Woodworking Plans - Immediate Download - PlansNOW.com
Woodworking Plans
WOODWORKING PLANS AND PROJECTS
La Portable
Free Woodworking Plans and Projects at Free Woodworking Plans . info and Free Woodworking Plan
HM DIFFUSION
ShopNotes Magazine
plans.com
WoodcraftPlans.com
WoodWorking
pontoon boat plans free
Child's Chair

S.B.

Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to build
a garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

Lew Hodgett

Scottie wrote:
Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to build a
garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

If you stop and think about it, the most economical design of a garden
shed is dictated by std lumber sizes, especially 4x8 sheets of plywood.

Can you build a shed in your area that is 96" high to the eave?

If you can, it makes things simple.

Are you going to keep it portable so footers are not required and the
gov't in your area has a much more limited control of your options?

What are you going to keep in this shed?

How big does the floor area need to be?

It is pretty straight forward if you first define your needs.

HTH

Lew

BobS

Other have mentioned some important points you need to consider and I'll add
a couple. It depends on where you live (tornado alley or the northeast) but
some local codes require that hurricane straps and/or tie-downs be used in
the design to keep the shed from blowing away - good idea.

Although I live in upstate NY and the local code does not require these
items, I included them when I built mine. The materials probably cost an
extra $50 and a bit more labor but I believe it saved me a whole lot of
grief. The year after I built it, we had a freak storm go thru this area
(Syracuse, NY) on Sept 4 that killed several people at the Fairgrounds and
we had wind gusts in excess of 100 mph. That wind was broadside to the shed
and if it had not been secured, I'm sure it would have landed about in the
middle of our dining room.

Two other wooden sheds in the immediate neighborhood were turned to rubble
which were about the same size, so I have no doubt in my mind that the
hurricane straps (wall to roof joists) and the tie-downs (two cables run
thru the base and secured into two cement pilings anchored 3' down) saved
the day. The shed frame was put together using coated screws - not nails -
so when the wind did try to lift the roof, it was not about to pull some
nails out of headers and let it fly.

Overkill? I don't think so but others may disagree.

Bob S.

"Scottie" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to build
a garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention, the reason that I am thinking
of building a shed is; I have got a stack of old fencing 6ft x 4"x1" that I
want to find a use for? I will be making a garden bench out of some of the
wood and was hoping to build a shed maybe about 7ft x 6ft with the rest?
Something not to hard as I'm 60+ yrs.
==========
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
Scottie wrote:
Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to
build a garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

If you stop and think about it, the most economical design of a garden
shed is dictated by std lumber sizes, especially 4x8 sheets of plywood.

Can you build a shed in your area that is 96" high to the eave?

If you can, it makes things simple.

Are you going to keep it portable so footers are not required and the
gov't in your area has a much more limited control of your options?

What are you going to keep in this shed?

How big does the floor area need to be?

It is pretty straight forward if you first define your needs.

HTH

Lew

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Here's one that I used for "inspiration":

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...t/1276536.html

They have some other's on their website as well.
Cheers,
cc

ps. Been to Glasgow a few times and you're right....rain, rain, rain!

"Scottie" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a site that I could download the plans of how to build
a garden shed? Free if possible? Thanks for any advise.

Mark

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:
Here's one that I used for "inspiration":

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...t/1276536.html

They have some other's on their website as well.
Cheers,
cc

That link seems like a good place to start. I built mine following
similar steps. It was my first real construction undertaking. Your
confidence will build as you go along. I took my time and really had
fun with it. Here is the evolution...
Mark

http://members.cox.net/mconger/Timot...nstruction.htm

Hi Mark, I had a look at you Web-Site and was very impressed, I can see you
have put a lot of work into it. Unfortunately I couldn't look at all of the
photos for some reason? Some of the pages only showed me your comments and
an X was where the photo should have been? Mark I think I have been
misleading in my post. I want to try and build a Garden HUT not the big
beautiful SHED that you have built, I'm a bit to old for that kind of work
and anyway I don't have the expertise for a project as grand as yours, not
to mention the workshop or the tools. Mark your furniture project's were
first-class and if you do a bit of advertising you would get a lot of work
and repeat orders. All the best.
Ps, The family photos were lovely.

existing base for garden shed....break it? john west++++ UK diy 2 October 9th 03 01:47 PM
break up base for garden shed? john west++++ UK diy 1 October 8th 03 11:31 AM
On the subject of a garden shed Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 27th 03 04:31 PM
Spur feed to garden shed... Me UK diy 4 August 6th 03 10:13 AM
Garden Shed Roof Andrew McKay UK diy 6 August 3rd 03 03:41 PM