Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Counterfeit (Fake) batteries?

I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries
the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying
Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather station
outdoor. Usually lasts way more than a year but this ones failed in two
weeks. I could hardly measured voltages when I took them out. First
thought was they must be fake ones (maybe from China). Back with
advanced model. Interesting to note from CR, they rated advanced ones
ahead of ultimate ones which costs few bucks more per package.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries
the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying
Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather station
outdoor. Usually lasts way more than a year but this ones failed in
two weeks. I could hardly measured voltages when I took them out.
First thought was they must be fake ones (maybe from China). Back with
advanced model. Interesting to note from CR, they rated advanced ones
ahead of ultimate ones which costs few bucks more per package.

What do the Energizer and ebay people have to say about this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are they rechargeable type?
Did you charge them first?
Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries
the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying
Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather station
outdoor. Usually lasts way more than a year but this ones failed in
two weeks. I could hardly measured voltages when I took them out.
First thought was they must be fake ones (maybe from China). Back with
advanced model. Interesting to note from CR, they rated advanced ones
ahead of ultimate ones which costs few bucks more per package.

What do the Energizer and ebay people have to say about this?

I did not bother. Package looks very authentic. Came from seller in U.S.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Are they rechargeable type?
Did you charge them first?
Mark

No, was not rechargeable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2015 3:14 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

First thought was they must be fake ones (maybe from China).

Maybe try some genuine Panasonic Eneloops from Amazon?

amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-3HCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSL28
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries
the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying
Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather
station outdoor. Usually lasts way more than a year but this ones
failed in two weeks. I could hardly measured voltages when I took
them out. First thought was they must be fake ones (maybe from
China). Back with advanced model. Interesting to note from CR, they
rated advanced ones ahead of ultimate ones which costs few bucks
more per package.

What do the Energizer and ebay people have to say about this?

I did not bother. Package looks very authentic. Came from seller in
U.S.

Energizer wouldn't care if someone was faking theiir batteries? Or that their
batteries were arriving dead? Somehow I doubt it. They'd probably want the
batteries for inspection and evaluation, and would probably at least replace
them for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 12:15:26 PM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:
I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries
the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying
Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather station
outdoor. Usually lasts way more than a year but this ones failed in two
weeks. I could hardly measured voltages when I took them out. First
thought was they must be fake ones (maybe from China). Back with
advanced model. Interesting to note from CR, they rated advanced ones
ahead of ultimate ones which costs few bucks more per package.

I've heard of Duracells being counterfeited in recent years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have faced the similar problem, my AAA energizer batteries leaked after less than two months of usage in wireless keyboard (Exp date of battery till 2020 as stated on battery). The batteries were made in Singapore as stated on the battery. May i know how to indentify is the battery real or counterfeit? I bought the battery from one of the renowned Hyperstore in Singapore which i think it is unlikely for them to sell counterfeited batteries.