Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Counterfeit (Fake) batteries?

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 09:15:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have faced the similar problem, my AAA energizer batteries leaked after less than two months of usage in wireless keyboard (Exp date of battery till 2020 as stated on battery). The batteries were made in Singapore as stated on the battery. May i know how to indentify is the battery real or counterfeit? I bought the battery from one of the renowned Hyperstore in Singapore which i think it is unlikely for them to sell counterfeited batteries.

You pays your money and you takes your chances. - Unless you are IN
Singapore, why buy in Singapore?
Even the Kirkland brand batteries sold in Canada are "assemled in USA"
So are the Energizer "D" cells I buy here in Canada.