Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Did I miss out?

Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had been
luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told her no thanks
and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely young
ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too late now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on 20 Aug 2015 13:51:26 GMT, KenK
wrote:

Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had been
luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told her no thanks
and hung up.

Hey, I'm going on that cruise. I would like to have met you. Try
caller-id and see if you can call her back.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely young
ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too late now.

With all the fires and other disasters on cruise ships, they've added
young women like that in order to get customers. If you don't go, two
for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:
Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had been
luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told her no thanks
and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely young
ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too late now.

I hang up at the "Congratulations..."

Someone said that one out of 12,000 calls is a scam.

I think they got the ratio reversed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message ...

On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:
Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had been
luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told her no thanks
and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely young
ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too late now.

I hang up at the "Congratulations..."

Someone said that one out of 12,000 calls is a scam.

I think they got the ratio reversed.

Hi Frank!
You sound bitter.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:
Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had been
luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told her no thanks
and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely young
ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too late now.

And, I was so eager to meet you. We could have sat
on the fandeck, watched the waves, and oogled the
pretty native girls. My free cruise tickets will
be here any day, after my check for $35,495.99
clears the bank for postage and handling of the
free cruise tickets.

I'm buying the first round of non alcoholic drinks.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank" "frank wrote:
On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:
Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had
been luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told
her no thanks and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely
young ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too
late now.

I hang up at the "Congratulations..."

Someone said that one out of 12,000 calls is a scam.

I think they got the ratio reversed.

Recently, the scam calls ("Microsoft" fix my computer, Bernice at cardholder
services) outnumber my desired calls about 4-1.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Aug 2015, KenK wrote in alt.home.repair:

Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I
had been luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately
told her no thanks and hung up.

Interesting how these junk calls go in campaigns. I keep a log of all
of them, and I see the that "Bahamas" calls started last March, but
they've really ramped that campaign up since mid-June. All told, I've
received at least 25 of those calls. Also interesting is that the phone
number has remained consistent - usually those kinds of calls spoof
various numbers over time. It's nice of them to keep the same number -
it made it easy to block.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2015 3:47 PM, Bob F wrote:
Frank" "frank wrote:
On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:
Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had
been luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told
her no thanks and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely
young ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too
late now.

I hang up at the "Congratulations..."

Someone said that one out of 12,000 calls is a scam.

I think they got the ratio reversed.

Recently, the scam calls ("Microsoft" fix my computer, Bernice at cardholder
services) outnumber my desired calls about 4-1.

I told the last "Microsoft" caller thanks but someone had called the
other day and fixed my computer and it was working fine. He was flummoxed.

I called another one a "****ing Indian" and he actually called me back
to ask why.

My fave was the one I cursed who said she did not like my profanity.

"You don't like my profanity - don't ****ing call me."

You can have some fun with the live ones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2015 6:30 PM, Frank wrote:
I called another one a "****ing Indian" and he actually called me back
to ask why.

My fave was the one I cursed who said she did not like my profanity.

"You don't like my profanity - don't ****ing call me."

You can have some fun with the live ones.

I've taken to telling spammers that he died
in a plane crash over Brazil, so they can
put him on the no call list.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2015 12:47:15 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Frank" "frank wrote:
On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:
Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had
been luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told
her no thanks and hung up.

Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely
young ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too
late now.

I hang up at the "Congratulations..."

Someone said that one out of 12,000 calls is a scam.

I think they got the ratio reversed.

Recently, the scam calls ("Microsoft" fix my computer, Bernice at cardholder
services) outnumber my desired calls about 4-1.

There is hope. They stopped calling me, at least for now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:wppBx.6630$oV3.3974
@fx13.iad:

My free cruise tickets will
be here any day, after my check for $35,495.99
clears the bank for postage and handling of the
free cruise tickets.

Too bad! If I had known the 'free' price was so low I'd have jumped at the
opportunity. I just didn't want to take advantage of their free ticket
offer; I was sure they could find someone that needs them more.

Miss me? Steve B[_3_] Metalworking 5 February 22nd 10 04:40 AM
Miss me yet? David R.Birch Metalworking 7 February 14th 10 04:26 AM
Miss me yet? Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 February 13th 10 01:00 AM
Miss me yet? Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 12th 10 05:23 AM
What is cause of miss . . . Robert Swinney Metalworking 36 April 19th 09 12:38 AM