Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the best battery powered impact driver?

I'm saving for a Hitachi WH18DL. Can I do better for less money?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Jun 2015 16:18:07 GMT, notbob wrote:

I'm saving for a Hitachi WH18DL. Can I do better for less money?

nb

You don't state the purpose. DIY around the house or not.

Free batteries for life of the tool (registered for warranty)

http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK2515K2-LithiumTech-12-Volt-Impact/dp/B004U4BAI8

Switch from a impact driver to a variable speed drill and then
to a driver with ease

High torque impact driver

Dual-speed VSR drill

Screwdriver with 22 clutch settings

LED light illuminates work and flashes when the battery charge
is low

I'm as happy as a peacock with mine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/15/2015 12:18 PM, notbob wrote:
I'm saving for a Hitachi WH18DL. Can I do better for less money?

nb

I got one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt...ver-62421.html

and it has served me well. It gets used once or twice a
week, and does good. I used it last week to shear heads
off a couple rusty screws, so I could back em out with
vise grips.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/15/2015 2:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On 15 Jun 2015 16:18:07 GMT, notbob wrote:

I'm saving for a Hitachi WH18DL. Can I do better for less money?

nb

You don't state the purpose. DIY around the house or not.

Free batteries for life of the tool (registered for warranty)

http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK2515K2-LithiumTech-12-Volt-Impact/dp/B004U4BAI8

Switch from a impact driver to a variable speed drill and then
to a driver with ease

High torque impact driver

Dual-speed VSR drill

Screwdriver with 22 clutch settings

LED light illuminates work and flashes when the battery charge
is low

I'm as happy as a peacock with mine.

I just bought the Bosch equivalent, but really have only tried it out.
Works really well. I already had the Bosch 12V 3/8" drill and really
like it a lot. It was recommended by my niece. She's actually 10 years
younger than me and says it's getting harder and harder to use the
heavier 18 volt drill above you head. I fully agree, getting near 70 is
tough. But for the big jobs, I have a bigger (actually 2 bigger) 1/2"
drills.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-06-16, Art Todesco wrote:

You don't state the purpose. DIY around the house or not.

Jes around the house and DIY. I'm too old to be working for a
living. Besides, my buddy jes gave me his old Hitachi WH12DAF2 impact
drill. Needs new batteries, but still works fine.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-06-16, Art Todesco wrote:

You don't state the purpose. DIY around the house or not.

Jes around the house and DIY. I'm too old to be working for a
living. Besides, my buddy jes gave me his old Hitachi WH12DAF2 impact
drill. Needs new batteries, but still works fine.

nb

I'm so proud of you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 9:41:41 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

Jes around the house and DIY. I'm too old to be working for a
living. Besides, my buddy jes gave me his old Hitachi WH12DAF2 impact
drill.

So, this is from your buddy, jes? ;^)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-06-16, Art Todesco wrote:

You don't state the purpose. DIY around the house or not.

Jes around the house and DIY. I'm too old to be working for a
living. Besides, my buddy jes gave me his old Hitachi WH12DAF2 impact
drill. Needs new batteries, but still works fine.

nb

Amazon sells replacement batteries. There are several listed along with NiMH batteries and chargers for them. You can start here to search Amazon for the batteries.

https://tinyurl.com/qcsdjyr

[8~{} Uncle Battery Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the best battery powered impact driver? He has the answer

Oren posted for all of us...

On 2015-06-16, Art Todesco wrote:

You don't state the purpose. DIY around the house or not.

Jes around the house and DIY. I'm too old to be working for a
living. Besides, my buddy jes gave me his old Hitachi WH12DAF2 impact
drill. Needs new batteries, but still works fine.

nb

I'm so proud of you.

The heart warming stories just keep a'comin

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-06-19, Tekkie® wrote:

The heart warming stories just keep a'comin

Then yer cockles will love this. The old batteries will still work
for what little work I do.

Turns out the ol' Hitachi wasn't totally dead, jes not strong enough
for my pro carpenter buddy, who drives a gazillion screws per hour. I
suspect he was jes looking for an excuse to move up to a 18V unit. I
may buy one new battery. Only about $32 at Amazon.

Thanks all, for the feedback and info.

nb