Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Current terrible deafness plague!

Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Apr 2015 16:39:52 GMT, KenK wrote:

Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

Thanks for your service!!

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

I'm guilty of vibrating picture frames hanging on the wall, once a
speaker caught fire so I had to throw it out the front the door into
the snow :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

There is no cure for stupid.
Just rest assured that these obnoxious folks will suffer deafness in
their latter years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:31:22 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 4/10/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

There is no cure for stupid.
Just rest assured that these obnoxious folks will suffer deafness in
their latter years.

.... speak up. I can't hear you!

Disclaimer: I do have selective hearing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/10/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

There is no cure for stupid.
Just rest assured that these obnoxious folks will suffer deafness in
their latter years.

... speak up. I can't hear you!

Disclaimer: I do have selective hearing.

Been told that myself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:39:21 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

On 4/10/15, 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

WHAT?

I think he said cars with $20,000 sound systems vibrate, bump and
jump. I surprised to body can stay together at a red light.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/10/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

There is no cure for stupid.
Just rest assured that these obnoxious folks will suffer deafness in
their latter years.

... speak up. I can't hear you!

Disclaimer: I do have selective hearing.

Been told that myself.

"...went in one ear and out the other"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 4/10/15, 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

WHAT?

I think he said cars with $20,000 sound systems vibrate, bump and
jump. I surprised to body can stay together at a red light.

SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU. I'VE MISPLACED MY REMOTE. MY STEREO IS ON THE
OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM, AND I'M TOO SLEEPY TO GET UP AND TURN IT DOWN.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/10/2015 10:39 AM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

If it's too loud you're too old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per KenK:
I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

I can't figure out if this post was tongue-in-cheek or straight-up.

Either way, I would think there is widespread nerve deafness starting in
a certain age group - the ones that started going to rock concerts and
continuing in to the ones who listen to much of their music via earbuds.

Above so many dBs, the nerves just slowly die.

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Oren:

Disclaimer: I do have selective hearing.

My neighbor calls it "Male-pattern deafness".
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/10/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

Listening to loud music is the #1 cause nowadays....even musicians in
bands wear hearing protection because the impact sound causes damage.
My daughter was in USMC band and they wore hearing protection. Other
major cause is high-pitch machine noise, mowers, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

On 4/10/2015 12:53 PM, Oren wrote:
On 10 Apr 2015 16:39:52 GMT, KenK wrote:

Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

Thanks for your service!!

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

I'm guilty of vibrating picture frames hanging on the wall, once a
speaker caught fire so I had to throw it out the front the door into
the snow :-\

I'd like to introduce Lawrence Glickman, from the alt
survival list. He's had a similar moment, but with a
toaster oven.

Lawrence is determined, and a bit cranky. You two might
enjoy meeting each other. I left all the trailing text
for context, for Mr. Glickman.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

I think that the loud bass that you might hear
in the next car is not as damaging as loud treble.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in
:

Tongue-in-cheek

Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2015 3:42 PM, lawrence glickman wrote:
On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:42:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon
I'd like to introduce Lawrence Glickman, from the alt
survival list. He's had a similar moment, but with a
toaster oven.

Lawrence is determined, and a bit cranky. You two might
enjoy meeting each other. I left all the trailing text
for context, for Mr. Glickman.

Hello Oren! Nice to meet you.

Chris...you're a jewel in the rough. Don't ever change.

Lg

Ah, so I'm abrasive? Well, I'd kind of expect
that from you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 20:14:28 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

If it's too loud you're too old.

Turn this up. Esteban - House of the Rising Sun - performance

He and his daughters....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrg7KqB7FQ

Listen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2NEBnCXkBULk3WnGBocBGA
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it's too loud you're too old.

Turn this up. Esteban - House of the Rising Sun - performance

He and his daughters....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrg7KqB7FQ

I don't know what wrong with her! If I played a fiddle, I'd sure wear
ear protection!

Listen:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2NEBnCXkBULk3WnGBocBGA

Yeah, but can he play other instruments?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkI...E&spfreload=10