Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default OT Current terrible deafness plague!

On 4/10/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Have you noticed that many drivers are evidently getting very deaf? You can
hear the radio very clearly in cars far far away. If the occupants were not
deaf, the music would likely be painfully loud in the car. I can clearly
hear the radios several blocks away, and I'm hard=of-hearing myself from
AAA fire in the military.

I wonder what is causing all this deafness? Some evidently very contageous
disease. It's been around for many years but seems to be getting worse. I
hope I can avoid it. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine?

Listening to loud music is the #1 cause nowadays....even musicians in
bands wear hearing protection because the impact sound causes damage.
My daughter was in USMC band and they wore hearing protection. Other
major cause is high-pitch machine noise, mowers, etc.