Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT? any experience with TV headphones?

Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pico Rico" wrote:
Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

I don't, but I've seen this topic discussed. I would go with a comfortable
set, as per reviews. You might be able to adjust sound response with your
tv. Most newer ones seem to do this. Question is, does one of the outputs
also adjust response.
You can always use a separate equalizer type unit on line levels if the tv
can't do it.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/21/2014 6:50 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

I expect something very adjustable won't be cheap.
Suggest you try this...

Most MP3 players have some kind of built-in equalizer function.
Play something similar to TV and adjust the equalizer until
it sounds good to you.
Take a look at the settings to determine what kind of correction
you need. If a simple high-pass filter will get you close,
you could easily construct one in the cable that connects the
headphone transmitter to your TV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:50:20 -0800, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

FWIW: give some consideration as to whether the headphones are open
air or over the ear. The difference being the ability to hear other
sounds when watching TV (like the wife asking you for something and
being able to respond or NOT - While the NOT might be good for you in
one way, it may not be good in another). Trust me - if you can't
hear abient talk you can get into trouble.

I finally ditched the assisted devices and when with real hearing
aides. Made all the difference in the world.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 21, 2014 9:50:27 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

____

Bluetooth headphones might be an option depending on how current your TV is.

The other wireless recommendations on here are good, and as far as adjusting tone/EQ, that can be done on the TV itself in the user menus under sound, but might apply only to the actual headphone jack, not any audio/line-outs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Pico Rico:
Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

Assuming you are thinking about wireless earphones, I would forget about
BlueTooth because of the sound quality compromise.

I just got a set of SennHeiser RS-220's and give them only two out of
five stars on the Amazon review - because of their poor user interface.

Their RS-180's, OTOH, get pretty good reviews and I wish I had bought
them instead.

The adjustable audio response may be a problem for just headphones.

Maybe you need a middleman: a little amplifier between the TV and the
headphone base station that allows adjusting different frequency ranges.
Never thought of that myself - and maybe I should start looking because
my hearing profile has a dead zone around 7,000 Hz.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pico Rico" wrote in message
Older hard of hearing guy is wondering if there are any good TV earphones:

wireless
can adjust audio response to add highs, reduce lows
sturdy

Just turn on the closed caption and the problem is solved.

Fixing Headphones [email protected] Electronics Repair 21 November 5th 13 10:47 PM
Cleaning headphones John UK diy 6 June 22nd 10 12:06 PM
Sony headphones Andreas Weishaupt Electronics Repair 10 February 27th 08 07:33 AM
Cleaning Headphones Alex Electronics Repair 1 May 28th 05 07:29 AM
Koss Pro 4AA Headphones indago Electronics Repair 11 December 15th 04 02:00 AM