Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener help

Julie Bove wrote:

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Friday, September 19, 2014 12:06:48 AM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:
In article ,

Tony Hwang wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

In April or May we had a new garage door opener installed. Our
garage

is tiny. Can't park a car in it so how it is called a garage, I
do not

know. New unit is a Chamberlin and from what I can see on line, the

cheapest one. Came with one Clicker. Purchased two additional
Clickers

and a keypad.

So for about three weeks, we had assorted problems, mainly
because the

installer was, IMO a buffoon. But finally another guy came out
to put

things right and everything seemed fine until two days ago.

Daughter rang the doorbell. I then asked her why she didn't come in

through the garage and her answer was that the keypad didn't
work. And

it didn't. Keys lit up but nothing happened when we put in the code.

I did change the battery but wasn't sure of its age. Still
didn't work.

Bought new battery and put it in. Still didn't work. Now this
isn't

the code but I will use it for the sake of this problem. Let's
say that

our code was 12345.

Installer snapped the battery in more firmly. Still didn't work.
Asked

me if I had a phone. Obviously I did as he had called me on it.
He had

a phone in his hand. But I went into the house to get the phone.
Why?

Still don't know. He never asked to use it. But...

When I got back with the phone, he told me that he had
reprogrammed the

unit. Not sure how since he had no ladder or step stool and I
had only

been gone for less than a minute. Maybe 20 seconds. Then he
said that

we needed to put in 123455. Say what? How could 12345 have
worked all

this time? And we did not have to press the # either. Just the
numbers,

although my instructions say to press the # button.

Oh and... While I was waiting for him to come, I tried to put in
the

code. And repeatedly, as I put in 1 and 2, the door began to come
down.

Came down one section, stopped and then went back up. It did this

several times. And then it did nothing when I tried to put in
the code.

When I told my daughter of this she insisted that it can not be
right.

She is the one who usually uses the keypad and she knows what
number she

has put in. She has used 12345 for at least 4 months and it worked!

So then I went out to try it. Tried 123455 three times and nothing.

Then waited about 10 minutes and tried it again. It worked! And it

worked repeatedly.

I feel like I am in crazy land. How could this have been? I am
waiting

for the installer to call me back and I will go out and keep
trying it

to see what happens.

Hi,

Is the keypad on wireless? Usually they are programmed from KP and
there

is procedure in the owner's manual. Isn't it on warranty? Call

Chamberlain customer support is one way to solve the problem.

general experience has demonstrated she never gets the owners manual and

just won't call up any company to get service from them

I agree, there does seem to be a common theme here. She doesn't tell
us the make/model, won't call manufacturer's customer service help,
doesn't have the manual, gets things installed assuming they will put in
a Chamberlain because that's what was there before, etc.

As I said... I already called them once. They sent me two new Clickers
so I could take the clips off of them. I don't think the make and model
are even necessary to know. The item in question is not the garage door
opener itself but the item called the Clicker. It is the wireless
keypad. This is it right here. You can see the model number there.

http://www.chamberlain.com/clicker-a...s-entry-system

Hmmm,
I think every thing you touch go bad instantly or you have very low IQ,
or it is your hobby and enjoyment wasting lot of our time. When I see
your name poips up from now on I will stay away as far as I can. Really
there are full of people of many different kind in this world. You don't
have a man folk in your family? what are they doing? You only get
incompetent bums for service too? How come? Jesus Christ!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:16:08 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:

In April or May we had a new garage door opener installed.

When I got back with the phone, he told me that he had
reprogrammed the unit. Not sure how since he had no ladder
or step stool and I had only been gone for less than a minute.
Maybe 20 seconds. Then he said that we needed o put in 123455.
Say what? How could 12345 have worked all this time?
And we did not have to press the # either. Just the numbers,
although my instructions say to press the # button.

Can you find the model number by matching your opener, including its
accessories (keypad, remotes, wall console), to a picture at
HomeDepot.com, Sears.com, or Amazon.com?

You can get instructions from Chamberlain's website, but I think
that requires specifying the model number. However Sears.com
sells both Chamberlain and Sears Craftsman brand openers (made
by Chamberlain) and has user manuals available on each model's
web page.

You can change the PIN of the keypad unit without pressing the
purple button on the overhead unit if you can get the current
PIN to work: Enter the current PIN, then press and hold # until
the overhead unit blinks or clicks. Then enter the new PIN and
hit ENTER. With my Chamberlain, you don't normally press #
after entering the PIN, and the PIN can be only 4 digits, not 5 or
6.

With some models you can also program the other remotes without
pressing the purple button on the overhead unit, provided the
wall console has more than one button. Some require pressing
and holding the LIGHT button and then then the open/close button,
while other consoles have a LEARN button, possibly hidden behind
a swing-up lid:

http://i.sears.com/s/d/pdf/mp-tc/spi...rod_1009154912

http://download.sears.com/own/spin_prod_660159701.pdf

However the following model does not allow configuring the remotes
through the wall console because it has only one button:

http://download.sears.com/own/spin_prod_683911801.pdf

It may be possible that installing a multi-button wall console
will allow programming the remotes through it, but I wouldn't
be surprised if the overhead unit isn't designed for that.

If you phone Chamberlain, beware that they have 3 levels of
employees: installers, technicians, and senior technicians,
and you probably want to speak with one of the last two.

Hi,
Don't bother, save your time. She has a mental problem, enjoys playing game
with all of us here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Friday, September 19, 2014 12:06:48 AM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:
In article ,

Tony Hwang wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

[...]

BINGO!

When I see
your name poips up from now on I will stay away as far as I can. Really
there are full of people of many different kind in this world. You don't
have a man folk in your family?

OH MAN, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING THERE!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 07:19:41 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

Save A.H.R. Don't respond to this one, or to those suckers who respond to
her.

Pico,

I'll try to help someone once or twice or more, but she will not or
have some basic things done so folks could help her. Dismisses the
model number, gives a "yes butt..." answer, declares herself a victim
of an installer and so on. Asked for help and will not respond to the
advice given.

I'm done with her. They link she gave explains everything - the manual
and a freakin' video talks about Types 1-4 openers. Maybe you could
drive over there and help her out )
--
"Dumb is local...As soon as you go 15 miles away from your dumbness, you see how dumb you are." -- Sherrod Small
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 13:58:00 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

Don't ask her about what her family likes to eat!

Smoked or fried Black mullet?

No, nothing at all. It is an unbelievable experience with her over at
rec.food.cooking, and you have had only a "taste" of it here with her.

Just leave her be and she may go away.

Sounds like she doesn't give good head.! I do note she ran off in this
thread. Sara did the same thing.

You have no idea. At least here people catch on quick. Elsewhere she
tosses a few grenades and the reverberations last for weeks.

There is nothing to catch on to. Everything I have said is the truth but
nothing about this makes any sense to me. My friends were freaking out
about it and telling me to change the passcode. Yeah, the tech. knows it
but I can't figure out how to do it and I'm pretty sure nobody else could
figure it out given the confusing online instructions. So... I'd still
have to call another tech. to change it. Plus, we are not wealthy and we
have nothing really of value in here.

see, this is where the average person would call customer service at the
company that made the product, but she won't

Posted to alt.home.repair

Julie Bove wrote:

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:04:47 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

Don't ask her about what her family likes to eat!

Smoked or fried Black mullet?

No, nothing at all. It is an unbelievable experience with her over at
rec.food.cooking, and you have had only a "taste" of it here with her.

Just leave her be and she may go away.

I wish you'd go away. I did ask about specific things and so far nobody
I have asked has had an answer. I suppose I could try calling support
again but when I had to do that for the clips I spent several hours on
the phone being bounced from wrong department to wrong department.

Hmm.
I think you are always wrong. Dumb question brings a;lways dumb answer
and that is always free of course, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 8:34:27 AM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,

Don't bother, save your time. She has a mental problem,
enjoys playing game with all of us here.

The return of the Sputnik Forces?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Save A.H.R. Don't respond to this one, or to those suckers who respond to
her.

Pico,

I'll try to help someone once or twice or more, but she will not or
have some basic things done so folks could help her. Dismisses the
model number, gives a "yes butt..." answer, declares herself a victim
of an installer and so on. Asked for help and will not respond to the
advice given.

I'm done with her. They link she gave explains everything - the manual
and a freakin' video talks about Types 1-4 openers. Maybe you could
drive over there and help her out )
--
"Dumb is local...As soon as you go 15 miles away from your dumbness, you
see how dumb you are." -- Sherrod Small

It does explain some things but I still don't understand. Obviously my
number would be 12340 because the 0 means something. Why I need an extra 0
now makes no sense. And I have no clue what the pin code would be. I will
try to call them tomorrow. Clicker. Not Chamberlain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

You will think that I am stupid but I don't know what the PIN is. Would
this be the passcode minus the last two zeros?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
[...]

No I don't but for sure I am out of here. I don't need this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

I may not have read all messages.

wrote:

Don't ask her about what her family likes to eat!

Smoked or fried Black mullet?

No, nothing at all. It is an unbelievable experience with her over at
rec.food.cooking, and you have had only a "taste" of it here with her.

Just leave her be and she may go away.

Sounds like she doesn't give good head.! I do note she ran off in this
thread. Sara did the same thing.

Could it be the same bozo?

--
Tekkie