Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Samsung Smart TV Vertical Lines

My tv went out in an instant: one second a picture, and then next only sound and a black screen on the left and right portions of the screen, and vertical lines in the middle. A little investigation on the internets showed that the problem is often the t-con board. I sent for one, replaced it, but the tv is doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Wilson wrote:
My tv went out in an instant: one second a picture, and then next only sound and a black screen on the left and right portions of the screen, and vertical lines in the middle. A little investigation on the internets showed that the problem is often the t-con board. I sent for one, replaced it, but the tv is doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,
Sounds like horizontal scan is malfunctioning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:31:26 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
Michael Wilson wrote:

My tv went out in an instant: one second a picture, and then next only sound and a black screen on the left and right portions of the screen, and vertical lines in the middle. A little investigation on the internets showed that the problem is often the t-con board. I sent for one, replaced it, but the tv is doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

Sounds like horizontal scan is malfunctioning.

Thanks, Tony. What's the fix? Should I replace the main board to see what happens?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Wilson wrote:

My tv went out in an instant: one second a picture, and then next only sound and a black screen on the left and right portions of the screen, and vertical lines in the middle. A little investigation on the internets showed that the problem is often the t-con board. I sent for one, replaced it, but the tv is doing exactly the same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

Sounds like horizontal scan is malfunctioning.

Thanks, Tony. What's the fix? Should I replace the main board to see what happens?

Hi,
It could be a hporiz. driver for the panel. Some has hidden diagnostic
mode(service mode)

Is your Samsung SMART TV down ? Rick Hughes[_5_] UK diy 27 April 30th 14 11:50 PM
40inch Samsung Smart 3D TV & using Skype Mick UK diy 8 June 14th 13 08:07 PM
Vertical Lines DB Electronics Repair 28 June 26th 10 06:25 PM
Samsung PS-42V4S plasma TV vertical lines powerampfreak Electronics Repair 2 February 14th 10 04:11 PM
Vertical Lines on Samsung 42" RPTV jMon54 Electronics Repair 7 May 11th 06 10:08 PM