Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung PS-42V4S plasma TV vertical lines

Hi all, what can the problem with a Samsung plasma TV model PS-42V4S
with vertical lines all over the screen. The owner says the vertical
lines has become worse over time, which make me think of problems
associated with electrolytic capacitor aging.
Could this problem be caused by bad electrolytes in the powersupply?
Check out this pictu http://i48.tinypic.com/2gw9b14.jpg
Greatful for any advice,
Best regards
PAF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

powerampfreak wrote in message
Hi all, what can the problem with a Samsung plasma TV model PS-42V4S
with vertical lines all over the screen. The owner says the vertical
lines has become worse over time, which make me think of problems
associated with electrolytic capacitor aging.
Could this problem be caused by bad electrolytes in the powersupply?
Check out this pictu http://i48.tinypic.com/2gw9b14.jpg
Greatful for any advice,
Best regards
PAF

Is the ps f set by the line rate or is it stand alone ? and maybe f
marginally adjustable with a bit of pF C paralleled somewhere and so change
the fringe pattern in sympathy, if a ps problem

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 14 Feb, 16:54, "N_Cook" wrote:
powerampfreak wrote in message

Hi all, what can the problem with a Samsung plasma TV model PS-42V4S
with vertical lines all over the screen. The owner says the vertical
lines has become worse over time, which make me think of problems
associated with electrolytic capacitor aging.
Could this problem be caused by bad electrolytes in the powersupply?
Check out this pictuhttp://i48.tinypic.com/2gw9b14.jpg
Greatful for any advice,
Best regards
PAF

Is the ps f set by the line rate or is it stand alone ? and maybe f
marginally adjustable with a bit of pF C paralleled somewhere and so change
the fringe pattern in sympathy, if a ps problem

I don't know if the psu F is synced to the line F, but it is probably
since it's inside the TV.
I repair lots of CRT tv's but not much plasma or lcd. I suspect there
is some kind of B+ to feed the line stages?
Regards,
PAF