Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jMon54

Default Vertical Lines on Samsung 42" RPTV

My 2 week old 42" Samsung DLP is exhibiting a problem: Regardless of
input source, even on test patterns, I am seeing faint vertical lines
about an inch apart
across the screen. They are most noticeable when viewing lighter
colors. On some colors, like blue, they do not appear at all.

(Please do not advise me to have a tech look at it since it is under
warranty - I know to do that and am awaiting a callback from the shop.)

Has anyone ever seen this kind of thing on their sets?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

2 week,s old..Take it back !!!
Get it replaced unless you want continued trouble.
Samsung is NOT the best around.
jmo
"jMon54" wrote in message
oups.com...
My 2 week old 42" Samsung DLP is exhibiting a problem: Regardless of
input source, even on test patterns, I am seeing faint vertical lines
about an inch apart
across the screen. They are most noticeable when viewing lighter
colors. On some colors, like blue, they do not appear at all.

(Please do not advise me to have a tech look at it since it is under
warranty - I know to do that and am awaiting a callback from the shop.)

Has anyone ever seen this kind of thing on their sets?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jMon54

I was hoping for a diagnostic and or solution oriented reply.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So you were expecting a diagnostic reply from a description of faint
vertical lines?
Ya, right.

You need to have a tech who is trained on that specific Samsung model
and has seen several of them so they can determine if this is really a
fault with the unit or just normal for the design.

Maybe not the answer you wanted, but the only and obvious answer.

Otherwise, take the defective thing back as it obviously does not have
the quality you expected and get a refund so you can buy another one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jMon54

I do have a tech on the way. All I was expecting was an answer to my
question which was SIMPLY has anyone else had this problem. That's it.
This IS a newsgroup for folks with a certain curiosity about such
matters, no?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino

You are right, but please take into account that a DLP TV is a complex
device. Also that kind of TV havenīt been around for enough time to
allow the DLP technollogy to mature. Having said that, itīs highly
unlikely that someone can tell you whats wrong with your DLP set
without checking it, because there is not enough experience with these
sets yet.

I always think that buying the latest and hotest is not always the wise
thing to do, because there are lot of chances for anything to go wrong.
Personally I would have bought a LCD TV.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jMon54

UPDATE: The tech came out and within 2 minutes determined the light
engine in my Samsung RPTV (HL-R4266W) is defective. It'll take about a
week for them to come back out and actually replace it. Bummer!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Part Orders ocassionally take a whole lot longer than that, maybe he was
just trying to comply with your request of immediate service?
oups.com...