Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pre-treat weeds with soapy water before spraying weed killer?

On 7/16/2014 1:49 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:37:47 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

There are a lot of questions in a lot of people's minds about a lot of

things. None of which have anything to do with implicating

glyphosate in

CCD. If you asked anyone associated with that website anything about

glyphosate, they'd probably blame it for everything from bad breath to

alzheimers.

How about we just agree to disagree on this subject ? It's apparent we

both have strong opinions , and neither is going to be argued out of what we

think . I have seen several articles about glyphosate , and it's not as

benign as they would have you think . And it's everywhere ...

--

Snag

The strong opinion I have here is that if you're going to make some
claim, it should be based on fact. And that if you start jumping to
conclusions based on conjecture and what's in people's minds, as opposed
to scientific proof, it can lead to bad things. I see nothing that
"implicates" glyphosate in CCD. All you have is one paper by one plant
scientist, not a bee researcher working on CCD, that raises it as a possibility. And I'd also note that in
the paper he says "This proposal is initiated to determine if glyphosate
is a contributing factor in CCD by analyzing exposure of bees to this
chemical....." That isn't implicating anything. All he's done is raise glyphosate as one more possibility worthy of investigation and suggest that
it actually be investigated. I would hope you can see the difference
between someone theorizing that glyphosate *might* play a role and your
claim that it has been "implicated".

Oh!, Oh!, Mr. Kotter! I know. It's the water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/16/14, 3:01 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"J Burns" wrote in message ...
On 7/14/14, 8:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/14/2014 8:07 AM, wrote:
For killing oily weeds like poison ivey, some people fing adding a
few spoonfulls of diesel fuel does the trick - it acts as a
surfactant, wetting the leaves more effectively

I can imagine diesel and ivy oil mixing, but
that doesn't make it a surfactant.

In many cases, I've found clipping effective. The leaves won't hurt
you. It's the sap. Hedge shears give a nice reach and can be rinsed
afterward.

Brushing against leaves is all it takes around here.

http://extension.uga.edu/publication...number=C867-10

Under "Poisonous Principles," the University of Georgia says the plant
is polite to people who politely brush the leaves.

Yesterday, a man installing gutter guards told my aunt she had a poison
ivy vine on the side of her house. With her permission, he politely
clipped the base and politely pulled the vine off the house with his
bare hands. His assistant didn't want to ride in the truck with him.
He didn't understand that only rude people get poisoned.

Using weed killer KenK Home Repair 75 May 2nd 14 01:48 AM
Spraying weeds robgraham UK diy 21 September 20th 12 09:24 AM
Weed killer ... ?? Arfa Daily UK diy 47 May 29th 11 08:25 PM
Weed Killer ROANIN[_2_] Home Repair 41 October 1st 10 02:19 AM
Weed killer for driveway? RobertM Home Repair 28 April 18th 06 05:47 PM