Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing a cracked sliding window ??

Hi,

A window in my office cracked and I want to replace it. How is this typically handled? I'd like to do it myself rather then have someone in. Typically, is there a way to get the glass+frame out of the track? If so, do I then just take it to a glass shop? OR does the glass+frame stay in the track, and somehow the broken glass comes out and new glass goes it?

See pics: http://tinypic.com/r/262ma6o/8

I googled the name in the pic but found nothing.

Thanks!

Replacing a cracked window Mitch@_._ Home Repair 23 February 11th 09 03:58 PM
Replacing sliding sash window cills Martin Hind UK diy 9 August 6th 08 12:35 AM
Replacing cracked grout [email protected] Home Ownership 1 January 25th 05 06:24 PM
Cracked Window Jasan Home Ownership 1 December 23rd 04 05:22 PM
Window Cracked by Deer BroJack Home Repair 8 June 22nd 04 04:07 AM