Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This NG is a hoot!

On Sat, 17 May 2014 08:44:44 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

If you were black I could see this working...a white man can never call a
black man that name...you need to walk in his shoes to understand.
Whether you think it works is your misconception...you are doing him a
disservice IF he is your friend.

I don't agree with that. I spent most of my life in Hawaii where Caucasians
are a minority. Very few blacks there but I had many Asian friends. One,
Japanese, often referred to me as "****ing haole"; I in turn referred to him
as "rice burner". Either of us would have been ****ed off if a stranger
referred to us in that manner but neither of us was irritated by the terms
because we were friends...it was just banter, same as Oren and his friend.

One of the worse things I can call one friend is to call him a
Republican. Steam comes out of his ears.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 May 2014 09:52:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I don't think Oren is a FI, but he sure is non-PC
sometimes. I am also, which implies I'm a FI,
also.

It sure beats the hell out of being a liberal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 May 2014 11:58:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I don't agree with that. I spent most of my life in Hawaii where
Caucasians are a minority. Very few blacks there but I had many
Asian friends. One, Japanese, often referred to me as "****ing
haole"; I in turn referred to him as "rice burner". Either of us
would have been ****ed off if a stranger referred to us in that
manner but neither of us was irritated by the terms because we were
friends...it was just banter, same as Oren and his friend.

Me and my friends call each other horrible names especially when we are
debating some controversial subject. In the real world, words can never
harm you. The fantasy world of La La Land which the P.L.L.C.F.,
Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks are doing their best to
foist on the people of the world through the nonsense of Political
Correctness is a world where they want individuals severely censured
for their animadversion of any protected species making the words used
to express their opinion "hate speech" and a crime punishable by law.
It's insane and quite bizarre for P.L.L.C.F. to howl about the right of
free speech except for any speech they've decided is prohibited. I find
it very odd that "free speech" is only a right enjoyed by P.L.L.C.F.
who arrogantly assert they're morally superior to everyone else. o_O

TDD

And when you point that character flaw out in them, they get a growled
up, nearly go into a "coma" and change the subject. The ALPD bunch
want to own the narrative. They jump from one crusade to another.
Never completing the crusade they were bent out of shape about, at
that moment.
--
Liberals are like Chameleons. They keep changing colors. -- © Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/17/2014 2:13 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2014 07:24:39 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

(also, what's with the f'ing comas "Dr, Emit O, Ray"?)

coma: Prolonged state of unconsciousness.
comma: the sign (,), a mark of punctuation used
for indicating a division in a sentence, as in
setting off a word, phrase, or clause, especially
when such a division is ...

One good netpick deserves another.

Um, Bob was just acting niggardly?

My chickens say cheap, cheap. The black
chicks are niggardly.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/17/2014 2:21 PM, Oren wrote:

One of the worse things I can call one
friend is to call him a
Republican. Steam comes out of his ears.

Oh, man, that's a hoot. A decade or so ago,
I was chatting with a couple other white
men. One was complaining about those GD
Republicans. Some black guys were nearby.
I piped up that I'm a registered Republican.
The hysterical non sequitor funny look on his
face told me I needed a different context.
Took me a few minutes to figure out what he
really meant. Uh. hmm.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 May 2014 11:18:56 -0700 (PDT), Internet Hall Monitor
wrote:

Oren, you were the one who spelled it correctly an he picked-up on it...don't give him too much credit for thinking! lol

Golly gee. Remember ! _"{aside~why am I talking to a ****ing
idiot?}"_ Well, **** you And your cheese. Bob.

Let Chris speak for himself.

Oh, are you a closet Republican?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren, you were the one who spelled it correctly an he picked-up on it...don't give him too much credit for thinking! lol

Golly gee. Remember ! _"{aside~why am I talking to a ****ing

idiot?}"_ Well, **** you And your cheese. Bob.

Let Chris speak for himself.

Oh, are you a closet Republican?

Wow...one idiot sticks-up for the other! Love it, have fun!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default QuickCap by Menards

Looking to refurbish an old deck. Deck is 30+ years old built entirely
of pressure-treated 2x lumber. Despite our (semig) best efforts it
looks like hell with checking, some warping and popped nails. Overall,
deck is quite sound, just looks awful.

As only a handful of deck boards need replacement to provide a solid,
flat surface, I'm looking seriously at the composite QuickCap system
from Menard's. (manufactured by UltraDeck or Midwest Manufacturing, Inc.)

Seems to be a pretty nice system with the color all the way through it
and, having bought a small amount to "test" for "how it lays atop the
old decking" I think it likely will do the trick.

What I am wondering about is what sort of experience others have had
with this specific product or similar "capping" systems from any other
manufacturers?

I know that it will weather but does it still look decent after...

Any one out there with some information? Warnings? Cautions? Suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 May 2014 19:13:22 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

Wow...one idiot sticks-up for the other! Love it, have fun!

I'm getting the impression you are an idiot. What say you?
What is your point without a rebuttal.?

Your acting niggardly again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

But, but, but, that's racist. o_O

Is that something like NASCAR? Or what.

That's what the P.L.L.C.F. about NASCAR folks, they're racists. ^_^

TDD

I think what you mean is they run in circles and turn left?

I was quite tired, a bit goofy and zonked on my prescription pain
medication because I pushed myself a bit to hard yesterday going grocery
shopping and taking the stairs several times after Sandy got out through
a break in the fence and decided to go exploring the neighborhood.
That's my excuse for premature postification where I forgot to add the
word "say" in my post. Premature postification happens to all men every
now and then but it's still very embarrassing. ^_^

TDD

I've !!REALLY suffered from !!EXTREME
cases of premature !!exclamation
!!BADLY, now and

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I don't think Oren is a FI, but he sure is non-PC
sometimes. I am also, which implies I'm a FI,
also.

It sure beats the hell out of being a liberal.

Well, in their defense, liberals have given
us genocides and economic collapses, over the
centuries.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren, you were the one who spelled it correctly an he picked-up on it...don't give him too much credit for thinking! lol

Golly gee. Remember ! _"{aside~why am I talking to a ****ing
idiot?}"_ Well, **** you And your cheese. Bob.

Let Chris speak for himself.

Oh, are you a closet Republican?

I think I'm socially !!TOTALLY obligated
to !!SERIOUSLY flame someone here. But,
I've not got my !!GOOD prescription filled,
that helps with my !!PREMATURE
!!EXCLAMATION.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/17/2014 10:13 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:38:58 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2014 11:18:56 -0700 (PDT), Internet Hall Monitor
Oren, you were the one who spelled it correctly an he picked-up on it...don't give him too much credit for thinking! lol

Golly gee. Remember ! _"{aside~why am I talking to a ****ing

idiot?}"_ Well, **** you And your cheese. Bob.

Let Chris speak for himself.

Oh, are you a closet Republican?

Wow...one idiot sticks-up for the other! Love it, have fun!

Just what this list needs, another instigator.
Hey, Oren? Grab a set, and lets put this guy
in special housing for a couple days?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 6:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/17/2014 10:13 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:38:58 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2014 11:18:56 -0700 (PDT), Internet Hall Monitor
Oren, you were the one who spelled it correctly an he picked-up on
it...don't give him too much credit for thinking! lol

Golly gee. Remember ! _"{aside~why am I talking to a ****ing

idiot?}"_ Well, **** you And your cheese. Bob.

Let Chris speak for himself.

Oh, are you a closet Republican?

Wow...one idiot sticks-up for the other! Love it, have fun!

Just what this list needs, another instigator.
Hey, Oren? Grab a set, and lets put this guy
in special housing for a couple days?

Wow! "Grab a set"? Is that grab a set of pliers? Grab a set of balls?
Grab a train set? Grab a TV set? I'm confused, I'm up at 6:00am taking
my meds and giving Sandy her prescription drugs. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Wow...one idiot sticks-up for the other! Love it, have fun!

I'm getting the impression you are an idiot. What say you?

What is your point without a rebuttal.?

Your acting niggardly again.

Rebuttal concerning...what? Global warming? Your idiocy? Being lib/con? (It's "You're acting..." by the way!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/18/2014 12:07 AM, Oren wrote:

Your acting niggardly again.

You're illiterate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 7:24 AM, Robert Green wrote:
That's an impressive number of people who have abandoned the faith AND who
feel compelled to tell the world about why they did. A lot of complaints
seem to concern people feeling that they were deceived by the church. It
would be interesting to know how many have left the Mormons compared to
those who have left other religions to become a Mormon.
--

Bobby G.

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 6:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just what this list needs, another instigator.
Hey, Oren? Grab a set, and lets put this guy
in special housing for a couple days?

Wow! "Grab a set"? Is that grab a set of pliers? Grab a set of balls?
Grab a train set? Grab a TV set? I'm confused, I'm up at 6:00am taking
my meds and giving Sandy her prescription drugs. o_O

TDD

In some jails and prisons, "a set" is a pair of
handcuffs and a leg shackles. Oren, being a prison
guard, would know that term.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 1:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/18/2014 6:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just what this list needs, another instigator.
Hey, Oren? Grab a set, and lets put this guy
in special housing for a couple days?

Wow! "Grab a set"? Is that grab a set of pliers? Grab a set of balls?
Grab a train set? Grab a TV set? I'm confused, I'm up at 6:00am taking
my meds and giving Sandy her prescription drugs. o_O

TDD

In some jails and prisons, "a set" is a pair of
handcuffs and a leg shackles. Oren, being a prison
guard, would know that term.

Oh! "Women In Chains", I loved that movie. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 1:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/18/2014 7:24 AM, Robert Green wrote:
That's an impressive number of people who have abandoned the faith AND
who
feel compelled to tell the world about why they did. A lot of complaints
seem to concern people feeling that they were deceived by the church. It
would be interesting to know how many have left the Mormons compared to
those who have left other religions to become a Mormon.
--

Bobby G.

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

High birth rate? I noticed that my Mormon cousins tend to have large
families. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 May 2014 14:14:17 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Wow! "Grab a set"? Is that grab a set of pliers? Grab a set of balls?
Grab a train set? Grab a TV set? I'm confused, I'm up at 6:00am taking
my meds and giving Sandy her prescription drugs. o_O

TDD

In some jails and prisons, "a set" is a pair of
handcuffs and a leg shackles. Oren, being a prison
guard, would know that term.

Actually I prefer the term "jewelry". Some crooks call it "jurrie".

I suppose a modern term would be "Bling".
--
"People who worry about crocodiles are smart!" -Joe Machi
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 May 2014 13:36:48 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

High birth rate? I noticed that my Mormon cousins tend to have large
families. ^_^

Five wives?

I descend (paternal ancestor) with a dozen kids. Bunch of Baptist in
Colonial Georgia started it - after 1710. Some moved to Alabama
--
.... if I had the perfect woman, I'd want twins -- Blackberry Smoke
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 1:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

High birth rate? I noticed that my Mormon cousins tend to have large
families. ^_^

TDD

Years ago, they used to separate out stats for
LDS kids, versus adult converts. I'm not sure.
I suspect the join rate is faster than the loss
rate.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

High birth rate? I noticed that my Mormon cousins tend to have large
families. ^_^

Five wives?

I descend (paternal ancestor) with a dozen kids. Bunch of Baptist in
Colonial Georgia started it - after 1710. Some moved to Alabama

If it was Northeast Alabamastan, we're probably cousins. You know how
Hillbillies are, they copulate with anyone and anything. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

High birth rate? I noticed that my Mormon cousins tend to have large
families. ^_^

Five wives?

I descend (paternal ancestor) with a dozen kids. Bunch of Baptist in
Colonial Georgia started it - after 1710. Some moved to Alabama

If it was Northeast Alabamastan, we're probably cousins. You know how
Hillbillies are, they copulate with anyone and anything. o_O

TDD

Alabamians was from my maternal side. Amazing what people will do.
They were Baptist to. I'm grateful I survived the swamps of Florida.

Birmingham is the early, if not the original, "highway to the west".
St. Louis thinks it is the "gateway to the west" (arch).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 May 2014 06:25:03 GMT, Zaky Waky wrote:

you something to do.

It's pitiful, but entertaining.

Is anybody here under 60 years old?

Only YOU, at age 12.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/15/2014 2:25 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've never seen so many old cranks in any other NG. What is even more
interesting is that one can discern from the posting time of responses that
most of you old mos must spend a large part of your day posting to this NG.
I guess being on "disability" give you a lot of time and posting here gives
you something to do.

It's pitiful, but entertaining.

Is anybody here under 60 years old?

To add to your amusement ...

*plonk*

HTH,
John

Posted to alt.home.repair

| was my grandfather bouncing my sister up and down on his |
knee (they liked that kind of stuff) and telling her she | was
going to hell because she was not a Mormon.

I was told by the missionaries in 1970 that if I did not join the Mormon
church, I would not be able go to any form of heaven, and would burn in
hell. Now, I understand they no longer preach that, along with hundreds
of other things they have changed in their "doctrines" and "prophecies"
they have received through the years. So, it therefore fails the test
of the bible prophecy. If a prophecy is real, it will come to pass,
and will not change. They must have some office like 1984 where the
forecasts and prophecies are changed yearly. I know that the Book of
Mormon has hundreds of versions where changes have been made.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'd also be curious. From what I read in the LDS
publications, the LDS church is rapidly growing.

High birth rate? I noticed that my Mormon cousins tend to have large
families. ^_^

Five wives?

I descend (paternal ancestor) with a dozen kids. Bunch of Baptist in
Colonial Georgia started it - after 1710. Some moved to Alabama

If it was Northeast Alabamastan, we're probably cousins. You know how
Hillbillies are, they copulate with anyone and anything. o_O

TDD

Alabamians was from my maternal side. Amazing what people will do.
They were Baptist to. I'm grateful I survived the swamps of Florida.

Birmingham is the early, if not the original, "highway to the west".
St. Louis thinks it is the "gateway to the west" (arch).

Another interesting thing about Birmingham is that it's a main
telecommunications hub. Atlanta has all the tangible traffic but
Birmingham is the center for electronic traffic in The Southeast. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 9:37 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
John wrote:
On 5/15/2014 2:25 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've never seen so many old cranks in any other NG. What is even more
interesting is that one can discern from the posting time of responses
that
most of you old mos must spend a large part of your day posting to
this NG.
I guess being on "disability" give you a lot of time and posting here
gives
you something to do.

It's pitiful, but entertaining.

Is anybody here under 60 years old?

To add to your amusement ...

*plonk*

HTH,
John

+1

I never plonk or block anyone. There is an old saying, "Know thine
enema. Don't let it get up your ass." ^__^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/2014 11:30 PM, SteveB wrote:
I was told by the missionaries in 1970 that if I did not join the Mormon
church, I would not be able go to any form of heaven, and would burn in
hell. Now, I understand they no longer preach that, along with hundreds
of other things they have changed in their "doctrines" and "prophecies"
they have received through the years. So, it therefore fails the test
of the bible prophecy. If a prophecy is real, it will come to pass,
and will not change. They must have some office like 1984 where the
forecasts and prophecies are changed yearly. I know that the Book of
Mormon has hundreds of versions where changes have been made.

Steve

You should set up a book store, and sell those
hundreds of versions. I'd guess there would be
some market for that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/19/2014 3:59 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/18/2014 11:30 PM, SteveB wrote:
I was told by the missionaries in 1970 that if I did not join the Mormon
church, I would not be able go to any form of heaven, and would burn in
hell. Now, I understand they no longer preach that, along with hundreds
of other things they have changed in their "doctrines" and "prophecies"
they have received through the years. So, it therefore fails the test
of the bible prophecy. If a prophecy is real, it will come to pass,
and will not change. They must have some office like 1984 where the
forecasts and prophecies are changed yearly. I know that the Book of
Mormon has hundreds of versions where changes have been made.

Steve

You should set up a book store, and sell those
hundreds of versions. I'd guess there would be
some market for that.

Sorry, but my faith looks down on hedonism, paganism, plagiarism, and
blasphemy.

The Mormon church seems to do quite well, with all their book stores,
and then there's the rare book section, complete with espionage and
murder, as is their history. They've gotten so desperate, there is a
growing market in fakes, bringing big money, and sometimes the dark side
of greedy men who will kill to get it.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 May 2014 18:27:35 -0700, Todd wrote:

wrote:

I don't think Oren is a FI, but he sure is non-PC
sometimes. I am also, which implies I'm a FI,
also.

It sure beats the hell out of being a liberal.

Well, in their defense, liberals have given
us genocides and economic collapses, over the
centuries.

And they are still at the genocide. How many children
did they murder last year in this country anyway?
Liberalism is a religion and butchering unborn childern
in on of their abominations of a sacrament.

Islam ain't goth nothing on them when it comes to body
count.

55,772,015 (plus) Abortions in America Since Roe v. Wade in 1973

Brought to you by the party of "tolerance". One doctor in Philly was
snipping spinal cords... no outrage from the liberals.

"...Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 72, was convicted of first-degree murder and
could face execution in the deaths of three babies who authorities say
were delivered alive and then killed with scissors at his grimy
clinic, in a case that became a flashpoint in the nation's debate over
abortion."

https://tinyurl.com/cfugyto

He did not get the death penalty, but should have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 May 2014 01:36:03 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Birmingham is the early, if not the original, "highway to the west".
St. Louis thinks it is the "gateway to the west" (arch).

Another interesting thing about Birmingham is that it's a main
telecommunications hub. Atlanta has all the tangible traffic but
Birmingham is the center for electronic traffic in The Southeast. O_o

Birmingham has come a long way. Used to be Condoleezza Rice could not
eat a counter in B' ham. She became the 66th United States Secretary
of State.

She is of 51% African, 40% European, and 9% Asian or Native American
genetic descent...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condoleezza_Rice

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why not push for a law that mandates abortions for Democrats? In the
law, a husband and wife could only have one child if one or both parents
are registered to vote as Democrats. That way, Democrats may eventually
die out because the voter police will be watching them to make sure no
one cheats. Making both Democrat parents subject to sterilization after
the one allowed child is born would be a good idea.
Of course his would lead to the formation of The Democratic Underground
where extra Democrat children are hidden away from the voter and baby
police. A Democrat woman, pregnant with the forbidden second child could
be hidden away, out of sight of the TRA, "Truncated Reproduction
Authority" composed of machine gun toting enforcers who have shoot to
kill authority for any transgressions. This would be some perfect
nonsense to slip into one of those 5,000 page spending bills that no one
reads before voting on it. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Abortion is the most horrible of violence disguised
as "compassion". Puke!

A recent media report in the UK, was that fetuses / parts being burned
in an incinerator - producing energy for the hospitals.

*******s have lost their minds.

In other news, I think Divorce should be illegal in Gay marriage :-\
--
I like Guns and Titties
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 19, 2014 1:39:21 PM UTC-5, Todd wrote:

Abortion is the most horrible of violence disguised

as "compassion". Puke!

Agreed...it is the most negative part of any society, the slaughter of innocent kind and human potential...in the name of convenience!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/19/2014 2:36 PM, Todd wrote:
On 05/19/2014 11:54 AM, Oren wrote:
In other news, I think Divorce should be illegal in Gay marriage:-\

I can not imagine what Gay marriage is going to do
to our divorce courts.

Here's the thing that made me think what could happen. In a gay
marriage, which one is the man and which is the woman? In a heterosexual
divorce, the man always tends to get screwed(no pun).
So when homosexuals show up in divorce court, everything will probably
get split down the middle because the subjects in the divorce are the
same sex. I can see a revolt by heterosexual males who are not getting
the same treatment as homosexuals in a divorce. Straight males will now
demand equality since the queers have been given equality. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 May 2014 13:48:43 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

Problem is Democrats may be killing future Republicans.