Posted to alt.home.repair

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics of 04/2014

XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 5/1/2014 5:45:40 PM

From article 630313 (4/1/2014 12:19:19 AM) to article 634280 (4/30/2014
11:30:23 PM)

Number of threads ................... 281
Number of articles .................. 3985
Average articles per thread ......... 14.18
Number of unanswered posts .......... 52

Top Threads

Ranking Articles Subject
------- -------- ----------------------------------
1 208 How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about
deceptive advertising
2 150 OT BLM takes down €˜First Amendment areas
3 147 OT computers
4 88 Cutting the cord
5 83 Supreme court to decide if company can stream OTA tv
over the internet
6 83 Gun assholes shooting up FORT HOOD again
7 75 Using weed killer
8 71 Papa Johns deceptive advertising.......
9 69 OT, We Had 5-8 Inches Of Rain Last Night
10 60 Kitchen Faucet
11 59 Electric Tankless Water Heaters
12 58 OT: Old laptop to get Internet on TV
13 55 Old Threads
14 53 Clothes dryer: repair or replace?
15 52 Happy april 20 day
16 51 File recovery freeware
17 48 20 people stabbed by 16-yr-old "student" Franklin
Regional High School in Murrysville PA
18 48 OT: Streaming Netflix
19 45 Replace water line from street to house -- PEX or
copper?
20 43 Time delay relay suggestions?
21 40 Snap On vs. Husky sockets
22 38 OT computers
23 35 House Painting And Peeling Question
24 35 Paging Christopher Young: Police find seven dead
babies in Utah County home
25 35 Repair covered by homeowner's insurance?

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- --------------------------
1 395 Oren
2 249 trader_4
3 200 Stormin Mormon
4 144 Tekkie®
5 132 The Daring Dufas
6 130
7 115 micky
8 100

9 94 Danny D.
10 77 DerbyDad03
11 77 Tony Hwang
12 74 nestork
13 73 bob haller
14 70 Ed Pawlowski
15 64 Mayayana
16 64 Bob_Villa
17 52 philoÂ*
18 50 Robert Green
19 46 Bob F
20 45 dpb
21 42 rbowman
22 41 Frank
23 40 Julie Bove
24 35 (PeteCresswell)
25 30 Red Green

Posted to alt.home.repair

badgolferman wrote:
XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 5/1/2014 5:45:40 PM

From article 630313 (4/1/2014 12:19:19 AM) to article 634280
(4/30/2014 11:30:23 PM)

Number of threads ................... 281
Number of articles .................. 3985
Average articles per thread ......... 14.18
Number of unanswered posts .......... 52

You should list off-topic posters numbers also.
That's a more significant influence on the viability of the newsgroup.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 May 2014 15:06:38 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

You should list off-topic posters numbers also.
That's a more significant influence on the viability of the newsgroup.

According to whom?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 5:47 PM, badgolferman wrote:
XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 5/1/2014 5:45:40 PM

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- --------------------------
1 395 Oren
2 249 trader_4
3 200 Stormin Mormon
4 144 Tekkie®
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Guess I did slow down my rate of fire a bit?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You should list off-topic posters numbers also.
That's a more significant influence on the viability of the newsgroup.

According to whom?

Damn Oren you talk too much. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You should list off-topic posters numbers also.
That's a more significant influence on the viability of the newsgroup.

According to whom?

Damn Oren you talk too much. :-)

Maybe. I can kill weeds without having to pull them out and braking
off the roots.

I'm not from Austin, you know!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 May 2014 23:53:59 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

Why do people care how many messages a person has posted? They can
easily be ignored by anyone not wanting to see them. This newgroup is
far more vibrant than some of the others I go to which barely have
10-15 posts a month.

Exactly. Some people think only their speech is warranted. Mostly
when they disagree and demand you like what they demand of others are
not allowed to have a difference in comment or opinion

Right Bob F?
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 5:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/1/2014 5:47 PM, badgolferman wrote:
XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 5/1/2014 5:45:40 PM

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- --------------------------
1 395 Oren
2 249 trader_4
3 200 Stormin Mormon
4 144 Tekkie®
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Guess I did slow down my rate of fire a bit?

Dang!, I didn't make the top 4! o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 6:53 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 5/1/2014 5:47 PM, badgolferman wrote:
XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 5/1/2014 5:45:40 PM

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- --------------------------
1 395 Oren
2 249 trader_4
3 200 Stormin Mormon
4 144 Tekkie®
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Guess I did slow down my rate of fire a bit?

Why do people care how many messages a person has posted? They can
easily be ignored by anyone not wanting to see them. This newgroup is
far more vibrant than some of the others I go to which barely have
10-15 posts a month.

When I'm sitting at home in pain which keeps me from getting around and
about, I get on Usenet to read things that make me laugh. When I'm
concentrating on reading, the pain slips into the background and is
barely noticed. I'm so grateful to have computers and access to a form
of communication which lets me interact with people, both sane and
crazy, from all over the world to keep my mind active. The Internet took
over from CB radio long ago becoming The WWCB or Text Radio. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Why do people care how many messages a person has posted? They can
easily be ignored by anyone not wanting to see them. This newgroup is
far more vibrant than some of the others I go to which barely have
10-15 posts a month.

Exactly. Some people think only their speech is warranted. Mostly
when they disagree and demand you like what they demand of others are
not allowed to have a difference in comment or opinion

Right Bob F?

Oren, you should be ashamed of yourself, you know darn well that the
only people who have freedom of speech are the melanin enabled or
Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks. You should never
pussyfoot around and be Politically Correct about it. Tell it like it is
and not give a damn about offending anyone or hurting their feelings. o_O

KILL WHITEY!

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Where did I pussyfoot? I'm not out to hurt the sensitive feelings of
those superior thinkers. They can kiss my Lilly white ass.

I got stuff to say ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"badgolferman" wrote:

XanaNews Statistic for alt.home.repair. 5/1/2014 5:45:40 PM

From article 630313 (4/1/2014 12:19:19 AM) to article 634280 (4/30/2014
[...]

ah hell I didn't even make the top 25
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You must spew everything they consider to be racist at them every chance
you get to cause overheating of their brains, what little there is and
it's quite possible that the P.L.L.C.F. center in their mid-brain
could actually burn out. That part of the brain usually shrivels up and
dies naturally as a normal human ages and the debris is then carried
away by the body's white blood cells. Some abnormal humans with a
defective immune system still have the P.L.L.C.F. center in their aging
brains which affects their sanity and their behavior. In some people,
that section of their brain calcifies and is enclosed in a hard shell
but the toxic elements can leak out and only have a mild effect on their
behavior. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/2014 7:53 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Guess I did slow down my rate of fire a bit?

Why do people care how many messages a person has posted? They can
easily be ignored by anyone not wanting to see them. This newgroup is
far more vibrant than some of the others I go to which barely have
10-15 posts a month.

We do have active membership. Plus the web portal
folks who don't know or care what Usenet is. Once
in a while someone shares knowledge with a
sincere reader. I'd call that a rather good
success.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

4 144 Tekkie®
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Guess I did slow down my rate of fire a bit?

Dang!, I didn't make the top 4! o_O

TDD

Well, you've got your medical challenges.
That gives you a bit of leeway.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

When I'm sitting at home in pain which keeps me from getting around and
about, I get on Usenet to read things that make me laugh. When I'm
concentrating on reading, the pain slips into the background and is
barely noticed. I'm so grateful to have computers and access to a form
of communication which lets me interact with people, both sane and
crazy, from all over the world to keep my mind active. The Internet took
over from CB radio long ago becoming The WWCB or Text Radio. ^_^

TDD

Roger four, on that, good buddy. I used to be active
in CB, back in the late seventies. Had antenna on the
back of my parents house, and used to ratchet jaw until
I fell asleep at night. We had a regular batch of folks
who would chit chat in the evenings.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren, you should be ashamed of yourself, you know darn well that the
only people who have freedom of speech are the melanin enabled or
Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks. You should never
pussyfoot around and be Politically Correct about it. Tell it like it is
and not give a damn about offending anyone or hurting their feelings. o_O

KILL WHITEY!

TDD

What did the Klansman say to his buddies when
he started to get hungry and bored? "Hey, guys,
lets go out to lynch!"

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in
:

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- --------------------------
1 395 Oren
2 249 trader_4
3 200 Stormin Mormon
4 144 Tekkie¶©
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Has anyone noticed that the top-5 (or so) posters invariably post the most
useless drivel? Check these 5 dorks. The VAST majority of the post are
one-line responses to a 100 line quoted message and the info they provide
is always 1) wrong, 2) inapplicable/OT, 3) about their health and
disabilities. Check it and and see.

I don't often see it unless I search for it, as I usually have the top-5 in
my kill file.

This is why I consider these statistics so usefull and I thank the OP for
providing them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- --------------------------
1 395 Oren
2 249 trader_4
3 200 Stormin Mormon
4 144 Tekkie¶©
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Has anyone noticed that the top-5 (or so) posters invariably post
the most useless drivel? Check these 5 dorks.

Totally agree with you.

Especially the top-1 poster.

top-poster #2 is a google-groper, and as such his quoted material is
incorrectly double-spaced and he tends to include far too much quoted
material in his replies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 9:04 AM, HomeGuy wrote:

Zaky Waky wrote:

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name

------- -------- --------------------------

1 395 Oren

2 249 trader_4

3 200 Stormin Mormon

4 144 Tekkie¶©

5 132 The Daring Dufas

Has anyone noticed that the top-5 (or so) posters invariably post

the most useless drivel? Check these 5 dorks.

Totally agree with you.

Especially the top-1 poster.

top-poster #2 is a google-groper, and as such his quoted material is

incorrectly double-spaced and he tends to include far too much quoted

material in his replies.

Mee too! Mee too! I want to be useless too!

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02 May 2014 12:50:13 GMT, Zaky Waky wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the top-5 (or so) posters invariably post the most
useless drivel? Check these 5 dorks. The VAST majority of the post are
one-line responses to a 100 line quoted message and the info they provide
is always 1) wrong, 2) inapplicable/OT, 3) about their health and
disabilities. Check it and and see.

I don't often see it unless I search for it, as I usually have the top-5 in
my kill file.

This is why I consider these statistics so usefull and I thank the OP for
providing them.

I'm certain there is tree outside your basement in Santa Monica, CA
90404 that needs a big hug. That may make you feel better and help
your sensitive feelings. Or you can help save a snail darter.
--
"The definition of a liberal, a liberal is somebody that doesn't care what you do as long as it's mandatory". -- Charles Krauthammer
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 May 2014 09:04:37 -0400, HomeGuy
Home@Guy.com wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the top-5 (or so) posters invariably post
the most useless drivel? Check these 5 dorks.

Totally agree with you.

Especially the top-1 poster.

top-poster #2 is a google-groper, and as such his quoted material is
incorrectly double-spaced and he tends to include far too much quoted
material in his replies.

Home Guy,

When Americans want your opinion they will give it to you. Now run
along and tell your mama she needs you!
--
"As someone who is dumb, you’re very biased." -- Gavin McInnes
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'll go Achmed on them. Invade their country, kill their leaders and
listen to the laminations of their women. Then pillage and plunder.

.... and have a pork sandwich
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

When they laminate their women, does it make a loud squishing sound? Is
there a lot of screaming to go along with it?

... and have a pork sandwich

With or without the corkscrew tail? Wouldn't that be laminated pig? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
When I'm sitting at home in pain which keeps me from getting around and
about, I get on Usenet to read things that make me laugh. When I'm
concentrating on reading, the pain slips into the background and is
barely noticed. I'm so grateful to have computers and access to a form
of communication which lets me interact with people, both sane and
crazy, from all over the world to keep my mind active. The Internet took
over from CB radio long ago becoming The WWCB or Text Radio. ^_^

TDD

Roger four, on that, good buddy. I used to be active
in CB, back in the late seventies. Had antenna on the
back of my parents house, and used to ratchet jaw until
I fell asleep at night. We had a regular batch of folks
who would chit chat in the evenings.

And dang it was a lot of fun! ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 8:28 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll go Achmed on them. Invade their country, kill their leaders and
listen to the laminations of their women. Then pillage and plunder.

... and have a pork sandwich

I wonder what happens if a zillion or two
Christians invade Iran, insist that men
go clean shaven, and that the Bible be
preached six times a day, between Islam
prayer call. Would that be as successful
as the Islam taking over Europe and USA?

Zounds, what thread drift!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 7:28 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll go Achmed on them. Invade their country, kill their leaders and
listen to the laminations of their women. Then pillage and plunder.

When they laminate their women, does it make a loud squishing sound? Is
there a lot of screaming to go along with it?

... and have a pork sandwich

With or without the corkscrew tail? Wouldn't that be laminated pig? ^_^

TDD

What's the shelf life of laminated pig?
Does it need to be refrigerated?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Roger four, on that, good buddy. I used to be active
in CB, back in the late seventies. Had antenna on the
back of my parents house, and used to ratchet jaw until
I fell asleep at night. We had a regular batch of folks
who would chit chat in the evenings.

And dang it was a lot of fun! ^_^

TDD

I remember evenings on the CB was more fun
than, for example, school work.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Dang. I'm going to need a much larger monitor or start using the zoom
feature. Lamentations -- the act of lamenting or expressing grief.

Good catch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2014 10:36 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 03 May 2014 00:13:46 -0500, The Daring Dufas
listen to the laminations of their women. Then pillage and plunder.

With or without the corkscrew tail? Wouldn't that be laminated pig? ^_^

TDD

Dang. I'm going to need a much larger monitor or start using the zoom
feature. Lamentations -- the act of lamenting or expressing grief.

Good catch.

I think most people who write will make
occasional typo. What is good, is when
the typo is funny, like that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At least I didn't go Neener! Neener! Neener! ^_^ I have trouble seeing
what I'm doing too. Yesterday I bought a 32" LED TV from a pawn shop and
the TV has a VGA input so I hooked it to my latest desktop computer
which is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400 I bought off Amazon. I also
installed a 250gb SSD in place of the 250gb mechanical hard drive and
when I plug in the electrical cord, the Dell is ready 16 seconds after I
push the power button. A solid state hard drive can speed up an already
fast computer by quite a bit. I'm going to max out the memory and add a
2tb hard drive for storage of all my terrorist plans and videos so I can
share them with American patriots everywhere via The Interweb. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 03 May 2014 19:39:52 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

Twice a year we have a community yard sale. The most recent one, my
neighbor brought out an NEC 18.5" MultiSync LCD monitor. He would
not take money from me but gave me the monitor instead. Better than
the 15" LCD I was using (still good). I'm in high cotton now, but want
at least a 24" now. I could have dual monitors then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I have two 23" LCD monitors and my Dell Precision 390 will run two at
once as will the T3400 but I will be using the 32" LED LCD monitor with
a KVM switch which will allow me to control four different computers.
The 32" LED weighs less than half of what my 23" ViewSonic LCD weighs. I
was able to pick up the 32" monitor, put it under my arm and take it up
the stairs into the house, the darn thing is amazingly light. There was
a time when I could pick up and carry a 32" CRT TV but those days are
long gone. I'm going to put a smaller monitor on the secondary output of
the computers and use it for watching the display for some performance
monitoring software I have. I often did that when running a pair of
monitors so I could tell at a glance what was slowing down or affecting
the behavior of my computer. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 5:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
4 144 Tekkie®
5 132 The Daring Dufas

Guess I did slow down my rate of fire a bit?

Dang!, I didn't make the top 4! o_O

TDD

Well, you've got your medical challenges.
That gives you a bit of leeway.

Yea, it's difficult for me to post when I feel rough because I'm asleep
with Sandy curled up next to me. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2014 1:44 PM, Oren wrote:
On 02 May 2014 12:50:13 GMT, Waky Zaky wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the top-5 (or so) posters invariably post
the most useless drivel? Check these 5 dorks. The VAST majority
of the post are one-line responses to a 100 line quoted message and
the info they provide is always 1) wrong, 2) inapplicable/OT, 3)
about their health and disabilities. Check it and and see.

I don't often see it unless I search for it, as I usually have the
top-5 in my kill file.

This is why I consider these statistics so usefull and I thank the
OP for providing them.

I'm certain there is tree outside your basement in Santa Monica, CA
90404 that needs a big hug. That may make you feel better and help
your sensitive feelings. Or you can help save a snail darter.

I've posted to Wacked Out Zakjob to please killfile me if him/her/it was
having a problem with anything I post. Whackjob acts a lot like Homo Gay
and the group's official netcop in that regard. I don't killfile anyone
because I may disagree with their ideas and opinion
because Usenet is a form of entertainment for me. Besides I pay
attention because of the old saying, "Know thine enema and don't allow
it maketh its way up thine ass." ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/3/2014 5:57 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/2/2014 8:28 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll go Achmed on them. Invade their country, kill their leaders
and listen to the laminations of their women. Then pillage and
plunder.

... and have a pork sandwich

I wonder what happens if a zillion or two Christians invade Iran,
insist that men go clean shaven, and that the Bible be preached six
times a day, between Islam prayer call. Would that be as successful
as the Islam taking over Europe and USA?

Zounds, what thread drift!

Liberal societies like democracies always fail because they destroy
themselves from within since they invariably invite destructive forces
to invade from without. (TDD Quote) ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I got stuff to say ...

Can I dare say... Blow it out your ass. Hehe

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]

You are giving me too much credit when you said I brain!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...