Posted to alt.home.repair

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics of 04/2014

On 5/3/2014 7:53 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 03 May 2014 19:39:52 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Dang. I'm going to need a much larger monitor or start using the zoom
feature. Lamentations -- the act of lamenting or expressing grief.

Good catch.

At least I didn't go Neener! Neener! Neener! ^_^ I have trouble seeing
what I'm doing too. Yesterday I bought a 32" LED TV from a pawn shop and
the TV has a VGA input so I hooked it to my latest desktop computer
which is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400 I bought off Amazon. I also
installed a 250gb SSD in place of the 250gb mechanical hard drive and
when I plug in the electrical cord, the Dell is ready 16 seconds after I
push the power button. A solid state hard drive can speed up an already
fast computer by quite a bit. I'm going to max out the memory and add a
2tb hard drive for storage of all my terrorist plans and videos so I can
share them with American patriots everywhere via The Interweb. ^_^

TDD

Twice a year we have a community yard sale. The most recent one, my
neighbor brought out an NEC 18.5" MultiSync LCD monitor. He would
not take money from me but gave me the monitor instead. Better than
the 15" LCD I was using (still good). I'm in high cotton now, but want
at least a 24" now. I could have dual monitors then.

I have two 23" LCD monitors and my Dell Precision 390 will run two at
once as will the T3400 but I will be using the 32" LED LCD monitor with
a KVM switch which will allow me to control four different computers.
The 32" LED weighs less than half of what my 23" ViewSonic LCD weighs. I
was able to pick up the 32" monitor, put it under my arm and take it up
the stairs into the house, the darn thing is amazingly light. There was
a time when I could pick up and carry a 32" CRT TV but those days are
long gone. I'm going to put a smaller monitor on the secondary output of
the computers and use it for watching the display for some performance
monitoring software I have. I often did that when running a pair of
monitors so I could tell at a glance what was slowing down or affecting
the behavior of my computer. ^_^

TDD