Posted to alt.home.repair

Default York Furnace

Which part of the part number really matters?
York Borg Warner 0120G-D1N W07625 1965 Gas Furnace 120 kBTU/HR (96 max
bonnet)

How might i get schematics/manual/parts?
(eg, I think I need a new fan)

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:37:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Which part of the part number really matters? York Borg Warner 0120G-D1N W07625 1965 Gas Furnace 120 kBTU/HR (96 max bonnet) How might i get schematics/manual/parts? (eg, I think I need a new fan) - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

York Borg Warner 0120G-D1N W07625 1965 Gas Furnace
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:37:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Which part of the part number really matters?

York Borg Warner 0120G-D1N W07625 1965 Gas Furnace 120 kBTU/HR (96 max

bonnet)

How might i get schematics/manual/parts?

(eg, I think I need a new fan)

- = -

http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Look around inside, you should find a wiring diagram. (If there is a control board you will not find a schematic for it but they are usually fairly straight forward.) In heat mode there are typically two scenarios for turning on the fan. Either based on a temp sensor placed near the heat exchanger or a basic timer circuit. Both typically use a relay to handle the higher fan voltage/current. Sometimes you can hear the relay click on if you pay attention after gas ignition. Use a vom to check for power at the fan leads to figure out if you have a control problem or a bad fan motor. If the fan motor does not come on the gas should shutdown shortly due to an overtemp situation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jamesgang wrote:
[...]

Hi,
If blower motor is older style PSC motor, first thing to check is
capacitor. Is the motor dead or humming or jerking trying to turn?
Is it getting power?
Posted to alt.home.repair

THanks for all the advice.

* Yes, the fan sometimes works, sometimes not. I'm hoping it merely got lose.

* Schematics inside unit - need to check. Didn't think of this. Much Obliged.

My uncle (80) keeps rebuilding the bathroom fans and he seems set on doing
same here. (but he's away for two months) I grew up in this house and have
some memory of where things are, but he is a total control freak (and a
fabuluous engineer) who basically has everything in his head and doesn't
explain.

I opened the furnace panel to get p/n and none were there. They might be in
the fan compartment. Nothing seems rusted but it seemed the panels needed a
lot more hitting than decades ago to slide them open. I'd like to fix it
before he comes back. I know he'll get upset I didn't let him. I don't like
burdening him. But I also don't want to break anything.

Thanks again.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

*+-there could be the motor manufacturer's name and model
*+-number on it. From that vintage furnace, they probably
*+-used standard motors.

THis is what I was hoping for. I found a lot of "universal" fan motors for
the bathroom use online. (But universal sometimes depends on which universe

(-.*)

)

Thanks again

- = -