Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default York Furnace

THanks for all the advice.

* Yes, the fan sometimes works, sometimes not. I'm hoping it merely got lose.

* Schematics inside unit - need to check. Didn't think of this. Much Obliged.

My uncle (80) keeps rebuilding the bathroom fans and he seems set on doing
same here. (but he's away for two months) I grew up in this house and have
some memory of where things are, but he is a total control freak (and a
fabuluous engineer) who basically has everything in his head and doesn't
explain.

I opened the furnace panel to get p/n and none were there. They might be in
the fan compartment. Nothing seems rusted but it seemed the panels needed a
lot more hitting than decades ago to slide them open. I'd like to fix it
before he comes back. I know he'll get upset I didn't let him. I don't like
burdening him. But I also don't want to break anything.

Thanks again.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm