Posted to alt.home.repair

Default York Modulating Furnace

I'm in the process of obtaining quotes for a furnace upgrade. One of
the quotes is for either a York PV9 or PC9. The PC9 is about $500 more,
but has a modulating gas valve (1% increments) and inducer.

I've seen comments on the Rheem/Ruud modulating furnace, but not much on
the York. Has anyone got any experience with it? Is it just too new?
On paper it looks pretty good.

For a few hundred more than the PC9 I can get a Carrier Infinity 96.
Variable speed inducer, but 2-stage gas valve.

I'm planning on leaving the fan on low for air circulation.

Any recommendations?

One other thing. The guys selling the York have only recently split off
from another company (apparently along with most of the rest of the
staff) and formed their own company. Should I be concerned about the
lack of corporate history?

Thanks,

Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris, I just recently installed a pc9 with a propane conversion kit. I
like it. My clients really like it. They told me it was the warmest their
house has been in years. I also did a full duct repair and seal on the
home as well. I think that is key, installation. If you have a tight air
duct system and have an installer that takes the time to check the static
pressure on the return and supply duct and sets the gas valve with a
monometer, you will be happy with a York, Carrier, or any other high end
furnace.
Kevin