computer_prog

Default York Furnace Filter (High velocity)?

I have a York Diamond 80:

http://www.yorkupg.com/ProDetails.asp?id=29

The book that came with my York Diamond 80 says to use a "High Velocity"
filter. It says "Warning, when replacing the filter DO NOT use a type with
excessively high pressure drop. Some high efficiency filters available will
cause the furnace to operate improperly and could result in a safety hazard"

The filter that came out of the unit looks like a scotch-brite pad that you
would use to do the dishes. I cannot find a filter like this at Home Depot
and I cannot find any filter rated as "High Velocity". Can I use a 3M
Filtrete filter like this:

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/fi...413_dust.jhtml

This filter is not labeled as high velocity.