Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On 9/15/2017 9:27 AM, DMorgan wrote:
Amen...worst idea ever. I am disabled and have limited arm use. Being able to use this gas can spout is nearly impossible for me. The spout doesn't really work anyway. Tip it up and gas leaks out. It is so cumbersome that I spill gas all over the place. I don't see having to buy an additional spout to be able to use this gas can. I will be returning this overpriced gas can. My best suggestion is to send emails to Blitz telling them how bad this idea was for consumers.

Never knew the name of those damned cans and googling it says company is
going broke:

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma...t-of-business/

I've said before that when the people in the EPA who mandated them die
and go to hell they should have to spend eternity pouring gas on the
hell fires from these cans.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/15/2017 12:04 PM, Frank wrote:
On 9/15/2017 9:27 AM, DMorgan wrote:
Amen...worst idea ever. I am disabled and have limited arm use. Being able to use this gas can spout is nearly impossible for me. The spout doesn't really work anyway. Tip it up and gas leaks out. It is so cumbersome that I spill gas all over the place.
I don't see having to buy an additional spout to be able to use this gas can. I will be returning this overpriced gas can. My best suggestion is to send emails to Blitz telling them how bad this idea was for consumers.

Never knew the name of those damned cans and googling it says company is going broke:

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma...t-of-business/

I've said before that when the people in the EPA who mandated them die and go to hell they should have to spend eternity pouring gas on the hell fires from these cans.

The article claims Blitz is going out of business because they can no longer afford liability insurance.

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous settlements.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-15, Judge Wapler wrote:

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous settlements.

.....or greedy health insurance companies who continue to increase
premiums cuz the profits are jes not enough!!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 11:05:06 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 9/15/2017 9:27 AM, DMorgan wrote:
Amen...worst idea ever. I am disabled and have limited arm use. Being able to use this gas can spout is nearly impossible for me. The spout doesn't really work anyway. Tip it up and gas leaks out. It is so cumbersome that I spill gas all over the place. I don't see having to buy an additional spout to be able to use this gas can. I will be returning this overpriced gas can. My best suggestion is to send emails to Blitz telling them how bad this idea was for consumers.

Never knew the name of those damned cans and googling it says company is
going broke:

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma...t-of-business/

I've said before that when the people in the EPA who mandated them die
and go to hell they should have to spend eternity pouring gas on the
hell fires from these cans.

A fellow's quest for a gas can that didn't SUCK! ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

http://www.gad.net/Blog/2012/11/22/o...hat-dont-suck/

[8~{} Uncle Gassy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-15, Judge Wapler wrote:

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous settlements.

....or greedy health insurance companies who continue to increase
premiums cuz the profits are jes not enough!!

nb

Look around. See all the obese "eggs with legs" people.Â* See all the "eggs" riding the obesemobiles around Walmart?Â* These ticking fatbombs are just one french fry away from a coronary event.

I'm not an insurance company but if I was, I would not want to be forced to insure these fatasses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-15, Chubbs wrote:

Look around. See all the obese "eggs with legs" people.* See all the "eggs" riding the obesemobiles around Walmart?* These ticking fatbombs are just one french fry away from a coronary event.

I'm not an insurance company but if I was, I would not want to be forced to insure these fatasses.

Yet, yer nick is "Chubbs". Hah!!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-15, Chubbs wrote:

Look around. See all the obese "eggs with legs" people.Â* See all the "eggs" riding the obesemobiles around Walmart?Â* These ticking fatbombs are just one french fry away from a coronary event.

I'm not an insurance company but if I was, I would not want to be forced to insure these fatasses.

Yet, yer nick is "Chubbs". Hah!!

nb

Chubbs can also be a nickname for "tumescent penis". In other words, the guy is a real dick. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Erect Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:49:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Chubbs can also be a nickname for "tumescent penis". In other words, the guy is a real dick. ?(?)?

Richard Cranial; aka Dick Head?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Chubbs can also be a nickname for "tumescent penis". In other words, the guy is a real dick. ?(?)?

Richard Cranial; aka Dick Head?

His name could be Peter Weiner? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wee Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/15/17 9:39 AM, Judge Wapler wrote:
On 9/15/2017 12:04 PM, Frank wrote:
On 9/15/2017 9:27 AM, DMorgan wrote:
Amen...worst idea ever. I am disabled and have limited arm use. Being
able to use this gas can spout is nearly impossible for me. The spout
doesn't really work anyway. Tip it up and gas leaks out. It is so
cumbersome that I spill gas all over the place. I don't see having to
buy an additional spout to be able to use this gas can. I will be
returning this overpriced gas can. My best suggestion is to send
emails to Blitz telling them how bad this idea was for consumers.

Never knew the name of those damned cans and googling it says company
is going broke:

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma...gest-maker-of-

portable-gas-cans-is-going-out-of-business/

I've said before that when the people in the EPA who mandated them die
and go to hell they should have to spend eternity pouring gas on the
hell fires from these cans.

The article claims Blitz is going out of business because they can no
longer afford liability insurance.

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous
settlements.

yeh, it's a shame that corporations make defective products and have to
pay the piper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-15, Chubbs wrote:

Look around. See all the obese "eggs with legs" people. See all
the "eggs" riding the obesemobiles around Walmart? These ticking
fatbombs are just one french fry away from a coronary event.

I'm not an insurance company but if I was, I would not want to be
forced to insure these fatasses.

Yet, yer nick is "Chubbs". Hah!!

nb

Chubbs can also be a nickname for "tumescent penis". In other words,
the guy is a real dick. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Erect Monster

you never miss a chance to bring your penis fetish into the discussion,
do you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/16/2017 9:44 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, it is not always a defective products so much as failure
to read and follow instructions or using the product for a use not
intended. Much too easy to get a big payday for being stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/16/2017 9:44 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
On 9/15/17 9:39 AM, Judge Wapler wrote:

The article claims Blitz is going out of business because they can no
longer afford liability insurance.

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous
settlements.

yeh, it's a shame that corporations make defective products and have to pay the piper.

What exactly was defective about the previous versions of gas cans?

Why is it the gas can manufacturer's fault when some numbnutz fills the tank on a hot lawnmower engine?

Or pours gasoline on a smoldering brush pile?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2017 10:36 AM, Bernie Ward wrote:
On 9/16/2017 9:44 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
On 9/15/17 9:39 AM, Judge Wapler wrote:

The article claims Blitz is going out of business because they can no
longer afford liability insurance.

I guess we can blame America's stupid jury panels for awarding enormous
settlements.

yeh, it's a shame that corporations make defective products and have
to pay the piper.

What exactly was defective about the previous versions of gas cans?

Why is it the gas can manufacturer's fault when some numbnutz fills the
tank on a hot lawnmower engine?

Or pours gasoline on a smoldering brush pile?

The spill proof cans are only spill proof when not in use, e.g. you just
tip it over. When you go to use them is when you tend to spill. No
pressure inlet causes blurping when pouring and having to push the valve
to keep it open often leads to spilling. It also might take 5-10
minutes to pour the contents of a 5 gallon can into your car gas tank.