Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drilling nother hole in belt

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Break down and get a leather punch. You will be surprised how much you will
use it. To do a belt hole, punch one hole, then eat it out a time or two
until you have an oval.

Or pony up the cash to buy a single punch that will give you an oval.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Won't work. Wife has different belt size.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Put the belt on your wife using her as a fitting dummy then you can
concentrate on drilling a straight and properly positioned hole. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you a home owner? If so, the other poster
at home dot com just proved that you're a racist,
inflamatory race baiter.

Isn't it interesting, the stuff you learn on Usenet?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Don't feed the trolls!

It's called reverse trolling, in case you don't know that. You reel the
troll in then WAHM!! You got it and you can hang its head on the wall
over the fireplace. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Forget about drilling the hole. It will be easier and more fun to gain
a few pounds back and use an existing hole.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2013 10:07 AM, Larry W wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Forget about drilling the hole. It will be easier and more fun to gain
a few pounds back and use an existing hole.

I started buying belts that have parallel holes punched in the entire
length of the belt. That type of belt has held up better than any other
type of belt for me. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ankwnfw

TDD

Senior Member

Quote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt.
People always jump to the conclusion they want to believe.

How can you be sure you lost weight?

How do you know your belt didn't get longer?

Last edited by nestork : February 13th 13 at 04:09 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 21:03:14 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Break down and get a leather punch. You will be surprised how much you will

A leather punch is good because it's easy to sterilize. Then if you
get a hole in your stomach (note the correct spelling) it probably
won't get infected.

use it. To do a belt hole, punch one hole, then eat it out a time or two
until you have an oval.

Or pony up the cash to buy a single punch that will give you an oval.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Work suspenders...

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:28:46 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

....old fogies :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

...old fogies :-\

These youngsters who walk around with pants hanging down and their
underwear on public display should wear suspenders. Whenever they run
from the cops or a large predator which views their buttocks as a meal,
they're tripped up and fall down when those saggy pants plummet toward
the Earth. Jail time or meal time is often the result. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not necessarily a bad outcome for dobads.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

These youngsters who walk around with pants hanging down and their
underwear on public display should wear suspenders. Whenever they run
from the cops or a large predator which views their buttocks as a meal,
they're tripped up and fall down when those saggy pants plummet toward
the Earth. Jail time or meal time is often the result. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

I tried them for working around the house. I certainly didn't like
them. I can't stand anything hanging on my shoulders (I carry my
backpack by its top handle).

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

...old fogies :-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

I tried them for working around the house. I certainly didn't like
them. I can't stand anything hanging on my shoulders (I carry my
backpack by its top handle).

In that case you must have a problem with shirts and sweaters and, if
you wear them, undershirts. They all "hang" from your shoulders. Or
maybe you simply have too much weight on your belt, presuming that
that's the alternative. You could also try the wide-band type of
suspenders like Craftsman, as opposed to the narrow and sometimes
single back strap more fashionable models.

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

I don't hang anything particularly heavy from mine, just wallet and
change purse in my pockets. They certainly help with breathing and
expansion due to (over?-) eating but I wonder if they don't help too
much.

Somewhat similar situation to a corset which compresses your trunk
(abdomen and rib cage) and if it's tight enough prevents you eating
all but tiny portions. You lose weight and can't compensate by eating
more but other than the constrictive pain it has the negative of
artificially supporting your back. When you take it off your back
muscles may be excessively weak resulting in back pain.

In the case of suspenders you're losing the constriction of the belt
so you're able to eat more without that over-stuffed feeling. There
are definitely trade-offs here.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

...old fogies :-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

I like bib overalls. More comfortable than wearing pants and suspenders.
The shirt and shorts stay straight longer, and it's cooler. Plus, in the
summer, you can go topless, and cut the legs off. They get $100 for 'em at
the fancy shirts store.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:36:06 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I like bib overalls. More comfortable than wearing pants and suspenders.
The shirt and shorts stay straight longer, and it's cooler. Plus, in the
summer, you can go topless, and cut the legs off. They get $100 for 'em at
the fancy shirts store.

Steve

Modified bib overalls:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/6/02jun18-redneck-suspenders.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:47:20 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Not necessarily a bad outcome for dobads.

Cops love it when they dress like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Skip the felony sneakers, too.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Drilling a Hole Don H Woodworking 33 May 30th 09 04:26 AM
Drilling a BIG hole at 40 deg... nick hull Metalworking 45 August 16th 08 09:01 PM
Drilling a hole John Edgar UK diy 10 August 14th 06 02:47 PM
I'm drilling a hole... [email protected] UK diy 14 November 15th 05 09:10 PM
Drilling a hole - how ? Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 23 July 28th 04 07:57 PM