Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Work suspenders...

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:28:46 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

....old fogies :-\