DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drilling nother hole in belt (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/352906-drilling-nother-hole-belt.html)

[email protected] February 10th 13 03:59 AM

Drilling nother hole in belt

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Steve B[_13_] February 10th 13 04:03 AM

wrote in message
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Break down and get a leather punch. You will be surprised how much you will
use it. To do a belt hole, punch one hole, then eat it out a time or two
until you have an oval.

Or pony up the cash to buy a single punch that will give you an oval.

Steve

The Daring Dufas[_8_] February 10th 13 04:03 AM

On 2/9/2013 9:59 PM, wrote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Put the belt on your wife using her as a fitting dummy then you can
concentrate on drilling a straight and properly positioned hole. ^_^

TDD

Tony Hwang February 10th 13 04:39 AM

wrote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Hmm,
Is this question from you or your blond wife?

Dick Adams[_2_] February 10th 13 04:50 AM

The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt.
I got a drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt
holes, put it in my elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how
to drill the hole without drilling a hole in my stummick.
That would hurt. Is there a shield or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Put the belt on your wife using her as a fitting dummy then
you can concentrate on drilling a straight and properly
positioned hole. ^_^

Don't feed the trolls!

Stormin Mormon[_7_] February 10th 13 04:51 AM

Drilling nother hole in belt

Won't work. Wife has different belt size.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

The Daring Dufas[_8_] February 10th 13 06:12 AM

On 2/9/2013 10:50 PM, Dick Adams wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
wrote:

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt.
I got a drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt
holes, put it in my elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how
to drill the hole without drilling a hole in my stummick.
That would hurt. Is there a shield or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Put the belt on your wife using her as a fitting dummy then
you can concentrate on drilling a straight and properly
positioned hole. ^_^

Don't feed the trolls!

It's called reverse trolling, in case you don't know that. You reel the
troll in then WAHM!! You got it and you can hang its head on the wall
over the fireplace. ^_^

TDD

Stormin Mormon[_7_] February 10th 13 12:34 PM

Drilling nother hole in belt

Are you a home owner? If so, the other poster
at home dot com just proved that you're a racist,
inflamatory race baiter.

Isn't it interesting, the stuff you learn on Usenet?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Doug Miller[_4_] February 10th 13 02:18 PM

Drilling nother hole in belt

wrote in news:sb6eh8dteacou18lulrpirk1judvd6lbrg@
4ax.com:

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

You sure have a lot of time on your hands, "Home Guy".

Larry W February 10th 13 04:07 PM

Drilling nother hole in belt

In article ,
wrote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Forget about drilling the hole. It will be easier and more fun to gain
a few pounds back and use an existing hole.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

The Daring Dufas[_8_] February 10th 13 04:41 PM

Drilling nother hole in belt

On 2/10/2013 10:07 AM, Larry W wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Forget about drilling the hole. It will be easier and more fun to gain
a few pounds back and use an existing hole.

I started buying belts that have parallel holes punched in the entire
length of the belt. That type of belt has held up better than any other
type of belt for me. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ankwnfw

TDD

Mark Storkamp February 12th 13 09:16 PM

wrote:

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

You use a right angle head with a screw machine bit. Drill it from the
backside. If you don't have enough clearance, you haven't lost enough
weight to need another notch yet anyway.

nestork February 13th 13 03:40 AM

Quote:

After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt.
People always jump to the conclusion they want to believe.

How can you be sure you lost weight?

How do you know your belt didn't get longer?

micky February 15th 13 03:42 PM

Drilling nother hole in belt

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 21:03:14 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
After losing weight, I need to drill nother hole in my belt. I got a
drill bitt that is about the same size as the belt holes, put it in my
elecktric drill, but I'm not sure how to drill the hole without
drilling a hole in my stummick. That would hurt. Is there a sheild
or something I can use?

My wife is Blond

Break down and get a leather punch. You will be surprised how much you will

A leather punch is good because it's easy to sterilize. Then if you
get a hole in your stomach (note the correct spelling) it probably
won't get infected.

TimR[_2_] February 16th 13 04:28 AM

Drilling nother hole in belt

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

Oren[_2_] February 16th 13 05:05 AM

Work suspenders...

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:28:46 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

....old fogies :-\

The Daring Dufas[_8_] February 16th 13 06:40 AM

Work suspenders...

wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

It just never came up when young, but I love them now when I need
them. More relaxed than having to have a belt.

...old fogies :-\

These youngsters who walk around with pants hanging down and their
underwear on public display should wear suspenders. Whenever they run
from the cops or a large predator which views their buttocks as a meal,
they're tripped up and fall down when those saggy pants plummet toward
the Earth. Jail time or meal time is often the result. ^_^

TDD

Stormin Mormon[_7_] February 16th 13 11:47 AM

Work suspenders...

Not necessarily a bad outcome for dobads.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[email protected] February 17th 13 01:56 AM

Work suspenders...

wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

I tried them for working around the house. I certainly didn't like
them. I can't stand anything hanging on my shoulders (I carry my
backpack by its top handle).

[email protected] February 17th 13 04:06 AM

Work suspenders...

wrote:

As usual, you insist on thinking firmly in the box.

How do you shorten the belt?

That's not the question. The question is how do you hold your pants up?

The answer is suspenders, which are not only more reliable and faster to get on, but insensitive to weight changes.

I was fifty before I had a conversation about suspenders with Fred. I
brought up the conversation. He was clear that when you try them you
will love them. Always thought of them for "old fogies" Man was I
wrong!

I tried them for working around the house. I certainly didn't like
them. I can't stand anything hanging on my shoulders (I carry my
backpack by its top handle).

In that case you must have a problem with shirts and sweaters and, if
you wear them, undershirts. They all "hang" from your shoulders. Or
maybe you simply have too much weight on your belt, presuming that
that's the alternative. You could also try the wide-band type of
suspenders like Craftsman, as opposed to the narrow and sometimes
single back strap more fashionable models.

After getting a couple pair, I told Fred how happy I was to use them.
They help disperse the weight of a heavy tool belt, hold large pants
up and give relief from an over tightened belt.

I don't hang anything particularly heavy from mine, just wallet and
change purse in my pockets. They certainly help with breathing and
expansion due to (over?-) eating but I wonder if they don't help too
much.

Somewhat similar situation to a corset which compresses your trunk
(abdomen and rib cage) and if it's tight enough prevents you eating
all but tiny portions. You lose weight and can't compensate by eating
more but other than the constrictive pain it has the negative of
artificially supporting your back. When you take it off your back
muscles may be excessively weak resulting in back pain.

In the case of suspenders you're losing the constriction of the belt
so you're able to eat more without that over-stuffed feeling. There
are definitely trade-offs here.

[email protected] February 17th 13 04:55 AM

Work suspenders...

wrote:

[...]

You really don't have to advertise that you're a moron. We got the
message some time back.

Steve B[_13_] February 18th 13 01:36 AM

Work suspenders...

I like bib overalls. More comfortable than wearing pants and suspenders.
The shirt and shorts stay straight longer, and it's cooler. Plus, in the
summer, you can go topless, and cut the legs off. They get $100 for 'em at
the fancy shirts store.

Steve

Oren[_2_] February 18th 13 05:15 PM

Work suspenders...

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:36:06 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I like bib overalls. More comfortable than wearing pants and suspenders.
The shirt and shorts stay straight longer, and it's cooler. Plus, in the
summer, you can go topless, and cut the legs off. They get $100 for 'em at
the fancy shirts store.

Steve

Modified bib overalls:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/6/02jun18-redneck-suspenders.jpg

[email protected] February 20th 13 08:31 PM

Work suspenders...

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:47:20 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Not necessarily a bad outcome for dobads.

Cops love it when they dress like that.

Stormin Mormon[_8_] February 21st 13 01:02 AM

Work suspenders...

Skip the felony sneakers, too.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus