Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Angry Dallas Man (a Former Law-Abiding Gun Owner) Kills Two Neighbors -Over Dog Poop

Remember that "Voyage to the Bottom of the Toilet" that you americans
are taking?

Well, here's the latest installment. Complete with poop. Dog poop.

And also included: A "law-abiding gun owner" - who apparently is no
longer law-abiding.

"The victims include a Dallas man and his girlfriend,
who’s the mother of five young children"

I see that contrary to popular belief, fertility is alive and well in
the US of A.

But where's daddy?

Or should I say - daddies?

=====================================

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/a...over-dog-poop/

February 4, 2013 4:15 PM

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Residents at the Sable Ridge Condominium complex
say they’ll never forget the sound.

Michael Issa says the eight gunshots that rang out Monday morning scared
him. “I just know I heard a whole bunch of gunshots at 8 a.m. I dove
over my son to protect him.”

Neighbor Yolanda Washington said, “I heard three gunshots, then it
stopped and I was about to rise up on the floor, and I heard five more
and I got back on the floor.”

Dallas police say the suspect shot and killed two residents.

Neighbors say both bodies lay outside.

While police haven’t identified the victims yet, neighbors say they
include a Dallas man and his girlfriend, who’s the mother of five young
children, ranging from 10 years in age, to a baby born just after
Christmas.

Police believe the shooting was the result of an ongoing dispute between
the couple and their accused shooter, an elderly man who lived upstairs
from them.

Authorities haven’t publically identified him.

Neighbors say the feud had been going on for nearly a year, and centered
on a Pit Bull that lived in the couple’s unit. Issa said, “From what
I’m hearing now, they’ve had a lot of arguments over the pet dog,
urinating on that balcony. But as far as I know personally, I’ve never
heard them argue or fight.”

Resident Gilbert Leal says, “It’s very sad. I heard the gunshots this
morning. When I saw and heard it was her, how do you take this? She’s
here one day, gone the next. It’s very sad.”

Neighbors say the problem was the dog went to the bathroom on the
balcony, which often dripped downstairs onto the suspect’s balcony.

Residents tell us noise was also a problem.

Leal says the suspect often complained to condo management about the
problem. “He got frustrated because he didn’t get the cooperation of
the board and management to enforce the rules and regulations.”

But Leal says what the suspect is accused of doing is “completely
unjustifiable.”

A spokeswoman with Child Protective Services says all five children will
now live with relatives.

Neighbors say four of those children were at school when the shooting
happened; the newborn was actually inside the apartment, but was
unharmed.

A police affidavit identifies the suspect as 75-year-old Chung Kim and a
statement released by police says Kim is hospitalized for treatment of a
medical condition.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 23:17:09 -0500, Guns Kill People
wrote:

But where's daddy?

Tell your mom she did give some good head. Man it was great. I
nicknamed her the "Master Orator".

I lost her phone number! She named you Home Guy.

--
"Never accuse a Soldier of being a Marine"
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/a...r-allegedly-ki...

[...]

Crime is pretty high in the ethnic minority sections of any
major city, such as Sable Ridge. . In Dallas, it doesn't
come close to Chicago, tho,where daily homicides are created...

It is humorous to call Sable Ridge "condominiums". In Chicago
it would be called "the projects"....

..... but we can't keep guns out of the hands of these ethnic
minorities. It wouldn't be "fair".......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 23:17:09 -0500, Guns Kill People
wrote in
Re Angry Dallas Man (a Former
Law-Abiding Gun Owner) Kills Two Neighbors - Over Dog Poop:

But where's daddy?

Or should I say - daddies?

"Daddies" would be correct.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 4, 2013 11:17:09 PM UTC-5, Guns Kill People wrote:
[...]

The justice system does not work. Don't let offenders breed like cockroaches.
Exterminate the christian government. Arrest the Bush Cartels.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Guns Kill People wrote:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/a...over-dog-poop/

From the video/story I'm seeing and guessing....

Some dude, with his 'ho girlfriend and her
5 children, wouldn't take their ****ing dog out
to take a ****. Old oriental guy gets tired of the
**** hitting his deck, the music being too loud
and too late, and getting no help from management.
After months of this stupid bull**** he snaps and
puts a cap in their asses.

So what's the problem here? other (of course) that
he might have to do some time?

On a sidenote - I LOVE pitbulls and hope it
finally gets a decent home.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Feb 4, 11:17*pm, Guns Kill People
wrote:
[...]

Of course in the story it does not say that the perp was
a" former law-abiding gun owner". Another lame jump to
conclusions not supported by the facts. For all we know,
the perp could have been a felon and we don't know his
history with involvement with the law, if he legally possessed
the gun, etc...
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

trader4 @ optonline.net used incorrect usenet message composition style
by unnecessarily full-quoting:

A police affidavit identifies the suspect as 75-year-old Chung Kim

Of course in the story it does not say that the perp was a
"former law-abiding gun owner".

Another lame jump to conclusions not supported by the facts.

If he's not a "law abiding gun owner" then why is he allowed to own a
gun?

For all we know, the perp could have been a felon and we don't
know his history with involvement with the law, if he legally
possessed the gun, etc...

Then you've just admitted that your system of "regulating the militia"
is faulty. You've just admitted the possibility (or probability) that
you don't have a "well regulated militia" as called for by the
constitution.

You've just admitted the reason why you need more rules and regulations
pertaining to how people own guns, how they come to aquire them, how
they can continue to possess them if they are not law-abiding.

You've just admitted that your current regime of gun laws and
regulations are inadequate and can be improved on.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Feb 5, 10:06*am, Home Guy wrote:
trader4 @ optonline.net used incorrect usenet message composition style
by unnecessarily full-quoting:

A police affidavit identifies the suspect as 75-year-old Chung Kim

Of course in the story it does not say that the perp was a
"former law-abiding gun owner".
Another lame jump to conclusions not supported by the facts.

If he's not a "law abiding gun owner" then why is he allowed to own a
gun?

Boy you really are the village idiot, aren't you? Where
in that story does it say that he was legally allowed to own
a gun?

For all we know, the perp could have been a felon and we don't
know his history with involvement with the law, if he legally
possessed the gun, etc...

Then you've just admitted that your system of "regulating the militia"
is faulty. *You've just admitted the possibility (or probability) that
you don't have a "well regulated militia" as called for by the
constitution.

It's been explained to you about a hundred times now
what "well regulated militia" means. The Supreme Court
has issued their rulings that reaffirm the right of citizens
to own firearms. Your rants are meaningless.

You've just admitted the reason why you need more rules and regulations
pertaining to how people own guns, how they come to aquire them, how
they can continue to possess them if they are not law-abiding.

You've just admitted that your current regime of gun laws and
regulations are inadequate and can be improved on.

You've just proved again why you're the village idiot.
Someone who is going to commit a crime is going to
break the law and doesn't care about violating yet
another gun law. You think knowing that he's going
to be charged with new gun law XYZ is going to matter
to a guy that's OK with committing capital murder?
Geez....
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

"83LowRider" wrote in
:

Guns Kill People wrote:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/a...-allegedly-kil
ls-2-over-dog-poop/

From the video/story I'm seeing and guessing....

Some dude, with his 'ho girlfriend and her
5 children, wouldn't take their ****ing dog out
to take a ****. Old oriental guy gets tired of the
**** hitting his deck, the music being too loud
and too late, and getting no help from management.

[or the police]

After months of this stupid bull**** he snaps and
puts a cap in their asses.

So what's the problem here? other (of course) that
he might have to do some time?

I don't see a problem other then the persecution of the old man.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Feb 5, 3:16*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

In the UK he'd find it very hard to get hold of a gun. Whether mad or
bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

"harry" wrote in message

#
# In the UK he'd find it very hard to get hold of a gun. Whether mad or
# bad.

Why should \we care about that violent ******** that the UK has become.
\

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/5/2013 10:06 AM, Home Guy wrote:
You've just admitted the reason why you need more rules and regulations
pertaining to how people own guns, how they come to aquire them, how
they can continue to possess them if they are not law-abiding.

Q: What kind of sick ******* shoots a dog in the face?

A: A Canadian one.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cana...e-is-sentenced
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jerrod wrote:

Q: What kind of sick ******* shoots a dog in the face?

A: A Canadian one.

Q: What kind of sick ******* gets on a school bus, asks for two kids,
shoots the bus driver dead and takes one kid off the bus and into
his survival bunker for 5 days?

A: An american one. Another former "law-abiding" gun owner.

Q: What kind of sick ******* beats a dog dead with a pipe?

A: An american one. The same one who kills a bus driver, abducts
a child and holds him in his survival bunker for 5 days.

If your point was to show that people of other nationalities can act
just as monstrously as americans - you failed miserably.

But thanks for playing Jerrod.

Better luck next time here on usenet - the ultimate reality show.

==============================

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...bama_bunk.html

Authorities storm Alabama bunker, rescue boy

MIDLAND CITY, Ala. (AP) — Law enforcement officers stormed an
underground bunker Monday in southeastern Alabama, freeing a 5-year-old
boy and shooting his captor to death after they became convinced the
child was in imminent danger, officials said.

Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, of Midland City had taken the child off a school
bus after fatally shooting the driver on Jan 29. He had remained holed
up in the bunker with the child ever since, communicating with
authorities through a ventilation pipe into the shelter.

Dykes had been seen with a gun, and officers concluded the boy was in
imminent danger after nearly a week of negotiations, said Steve
Richardson of the FBI's office in Mobile.

Dale County Sheriff Wally Olson said late Monday that Dykes was armed
when officers entered the bunker to rescue the child. He said the boy
was threatened but declined to elaborate.

"That's why we went inside — to save the child," he said.

Olson and others declined to say how Dykes died. But an official in
Midland City, citing information from law enforcement, said police had
shot Dykes.

The official requested anonymity because the official wasn't authorized
to speak publicly about the investigation.

Dykes was known by neighbors for his anti-government rants and for
patrolling his property with a gun, ready to shoot trespassers. He had
stayed for several days in the tiny bunker on his property before.

"He always said he'd never be taken alive. I knew he'd never come out of
there," said an acquaintance, Roger Arnold.

Monday evening, officers were sweeping the property to make sure Dykes
had not set up any bombs that could detonate. Full details of the bunker
raid had not yet emerged. However, neighbors described hearing what
sounded like gunshots around the time officials said they entered the
shelter.

At a late Monday news conference, authorities declined to comment on how
they had observed Dykes or on how he died, citing the pending
investigation.

Asked about the official's statement that Dykes had been killed by law
enforcement officers, FBI spokesman Jason Pack said in an email early
Tuesday: "The facts surrounding the incident will be established by a
shooting review team from Washington, DC in the coming days."

The boy has been reunited with his mother and appears to be OK,
authorities said.

Richardson said he had been to the hospital to see the boy and he was
laughing, joking, eating and "doing the things you'd expect a normal 5-
or 6-year-old to do."

Michael Senn, pastor of a church near where reporters had been camped
out since the standoff began, said he was relieved the child had been
taken to safety. However, he also recalled the bus driver, Charles
Albert Poland Jr., who has been hailed as a hero for protecting nearly
two dozen other children on the bus before being shot by Dykes.

"As we rejoice tonight for (the boy) and his family, we still have a
great emptiness in our community because a great man was lost in this
whole ordeal," Senn said.

The rescue capped a long drama that drew national attention to this town
of 2,400 people nestled amid peanut farms and cotton fields that has
long relied on a strong Christian faith, a policy of "love thy neighbor"
and the power of group prayer. The child's plight prompted nightly
candlelight vigils. Midland City is located about 100 miles southeast of
the state capital, Montgomery.

Throughout the ordeal, authorities had been speaking with Dykes though a
plastic pipe that went into the shelter. They also sent food, medicine
and other items into the bunker, which apparently had running water,
heat and cable television but no toilet. It was about 4 feet
underground, with about 50 square feet of floor space.

It was not immediately clear how authorities determined the man had a
gun.

At the request of law enforcement authorities, Secretary of Defense Leon
Panetta had approved the provision of certain forms of equipment that
could be employed to assist in the hostage situation, according to a
U.S. official who requested anonymity in order to discuss a pending law
enforcement matter. It is not clear whether the equipment was actually
used.

Authorities said the kindergartner appeared unharmed. He was taken to a
hospital in nearby Dothan. Officials have said he has Asperger's
syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Melissa Knighton, city clerk in Midland City, said a woman had been
praying in the town center Monday afternoon. Not long after, the mayor
called with news that Dykes was dead and that the boy was safe.

"She must have had a direct line to God because shortly after she left,
they heard the news," Knighton said.

Neighbors described Dykes as a menacing, unpredictable man who once beat
a dog to death with a lead pipe. Government records indicate he served
in the Navy from 1964 to 1969, earning several awards, including the
Vietnam Service Medal and the Good Conduct Medal.

He had some scrapes with the law in Florida, including a 1995 arrest for
improper exhibition of a weapon. The misdemeanor was dismissed. He also
was arrested for marijuana possession in 2000.

He returned to Alabama about two years ago, moving onto the rural tract
about 100 yards from his nearest neighbors.

Arnold recalled that, for a time, Dykes lived in his pickup truck in the
parking lot of the apartment complex where Dykes' sister lived. He would
stay warm by building a fire in a can on the floorboard and kept boxes
of letters he wrote to the president and the unspecified head of the
Mafia, Arnold said.

Dykes believed the government had control of many things, including a
dog track he frequented in the Florida Panhandle. Arnold said that Dykes
believed if a dog was getting too far ahead and wasn't supposed to win,
the government would shock it.

Ronda Wilbur, a neighbor of Dykes who said the man beat her dog to death
last year with a pipe, said she was relieved to be done with the stress
of knowing Dykes was patrolling his yard and willing to shoot at anyone
or anything that trespassed.

"The nightmare is over," she said. "It's been a long couple of years of
having constant stress."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:01:27 -0500, Jerrod wrote:

On 2/5/2013 10:06 AM, Home Guy wrote:
You've just admitted the reason why you need more rules and regulations
pertaining to how people own guns, how they come to aquire them, how
they can continue to possess them if they are not law-abiding.

Q: What kind of sick ******* shoots a dog in the face?

A: A Canadian one.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cana...e-is-sentenced

Don't poke HomoGay. He's rabid.

Senior Member

My sympathies are with the old man in this case. He tried solving the problem by taking the issue to the proper authorities (his condo association), and they turned a deaf ear to him. He shouldn't have to move because his neighbors aren't abiding by the condo rules.

It's the fact that the people that should have dealt with the matter chose to ignore his pleas that forced him to take matters into his own hands, and that's what lead to the tragedy.

The mother and her boyfriend were letting their dog lessen his quality of life by having their dog's urine and feces fall off their balcony onto his, and complaining about the situation to the condo association proved to be a waste of time. This old man simply didn't want his neighbor's chosen lifestyle to lessen his own quality of life, and that's what forced him to pick up a gun to overcome the greater size, strength and propensity to use violence of his neighbors.

I think all the man wanted was for his right to live as he wished to be respected, but his neighbors didn't see any problem with their dog's pi$$ dripping onto his balcony. I can understand what drove that old man to pick up a gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Feb 6, 3:54 pm, The Real Bev wrote:

Anti-gravity pee/poop? Wow.

If this is the only error in this story I'd be really surprised.

--
Cheers, Bev

If someone can show me how, there's a couple of
pidgeons that fly over my car windshield that I'd like to
get even with... :))))
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:
[...]

{{

TV report on late news last night 02/06/13 (DFW station) mentioned that
there may be an element of self defense in the incident. Don't know if this
is based on fact or a good lawyer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"NotMe" wrote

Of course in the story it does not say that the perp was
a" former law-abiding gun owner". Another lame jump to
conclusions not supported by the facts. For all we know,
the perp could have been a felon and we don't know his
history with involvement with the law, if he legally possessed
the gun, etc...

Well, you must admit that the story was on television, and in the paper, and
they can only print and broadcast the truth .............

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"NotMe" wrote

Of course in the story it does not say that the perp was
a" former law-abiding gun owner". Another lame jump to
conclusions not supported by the facts. For all we know,
the perp could have been a felon and we don't know his
history with involvement with the law, if he legally possessed
the gun, etc...

Well, you must admit that the story was on television, and in the paper,
and they can only print and broadcast the truth .............

Steve

Please be more careful in your sniping/attribution of responses.

What you cut in it's entirety was *MY* responce:

"TV report on late news last night 02/06/13 (DFW station) mentioned that
there may be an element of self defense in the incident. Don't know if this
is based on fact or a good lawyer."

As to your concerns about the veracity of media I think I addressed that as
well.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

harry wrote:
On Feb 5, 3:16 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 5, 10:06 am, Home Guy wrote:

You've just proved again why you're the village idiot.
Someone who is going to commit a crime is going to
break the law and doesn't care about violating yet
another gun law. You think knowing that he's going
to be charged with new gun law XYZ is going to matter
to a guy that's OK with committing capital murder?
Geez....

In the UK he'd find it very hard to get hold of a gun. Whether mad or
bad.

But the bad would find it much easier than the good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Those look like normal condominiums to me. "Projects" are government
subsidized. Big difference.