Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loud Alarm..(they don't poop)

I'm looking to hook up a LOUD alarm on my property... The main feature
I want is LOUD and the second is that I can trip it myself from anywhere
on my property. My neighbor has a dog that barks occasionally and she
has shown she can control the dog for months (no barks).
And she can also control when it does bark..

Now I'm getting the odd, strategic spite bark in the middle of the night
(weekends only because she can stay up late and sleep in then) and in
the morning when she goes to work during the week.

I'm going to give her a blast of her own medicine with my alarm ( 3 am
during the work week when she has to rise and shine at 6). In the
meantime I plan on parking my car closer to her windows and setting off
the car alarm. But I'd like to get one more permanant for this
locations. I already tried to resolve this the NICE way... Best defense
has to be a good offense with these idiots I guess..Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dadark, thanks for the laughs. That was funny.

I have the same problem...somewhat. My stupid neighbor's dog barks and runs
into everybody's property over here...and my other neighbor even told me the
dog bit him. Its one of those little shts.. looks like a 'yorkshire
terrior'... If im outside and the dog runs and barks up to me, she will
call the dog off, but the dog never listens..

I wanna get some powerful dog alarm that only dogs can hear..this way he'll
think twice about hopping on my yard..something really poweful..anybody know
of any?

you seriously cracked me up with the alarm thing. I get mad about it just
like u dude.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I know what you mean. I hate to open a can of worms. Thing is we live in
a GATED community. And they do a pretty good job of keeping the idiots
at bay. But still she insitst on the occasional 'stratigic' string of
LOUD barking. But I'm not the type to stick stuff in my ears because
'somone' is hateful for no reason.

I've never even spoken to this lady (I guess it annoys her I go to warm
sunny Florida in the winter while she freezes her ass off here- who
knows or cares, some people go around ****ed off for no apparent reason
anymore).... And based on my past experience with nosey neighbors, never
will. But the HOA has warned her..

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

john wrote:

I have the same problem...somewhat. My stupid neighbor's dog barks and runs
into everybody's property over here...and my other neighbor even told me the
dog bit him. Its one of those little shts.. looks like a 'yorkshire
terrior'... If im outside and the dog runs and barks up to me, she will
call the dog off, but the dog never listens..

Keep a water gun handy loaded with the strongest smelling cheap
perfume you can find. Use when the dog is in your face/yard. Will
teach both the dog & owner a lesson. Or keep the water hose on &
handy(with nozzle of course) and spray the little sht when it comes in
your yard. They learn fast.

KC

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

www.AirHornsOfTexas.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Loud Alarm..(they don't poop)

Good to know there is SOMETHING good perfume can be used for. I will
keep that in mind if she ever cuts it loose again. Last season I leaked
to the local sewing circle, a false day ( I like to play with their
heads-heck all they do is sit around and cluck like chickens) that I'd
be leaving to go back south and she (took off work and ) cut it loose
that day and it charged me. It's a pretty big dog. I acted like I was
reaching to pick up a rock or a stick and it retreated.

I called the police and THAT hasn't happened again (so far). But it's
good to know I might be able to save the poor dogs life, cause I was
going to shoot it next time it charged me..
If it was a smaller dog, there wouldn't be a problem (sound wise), as
the homes are far enough apart... But knowing what I know about dogs,
the perfume thing makes perfect 'sense' pun intended..

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Sun, Jun 17, 2007, 3:17pm (EDT-3) From:
(KC)
john wrote:
I have the same problem...somewhat. My stupid neighbor's dog barks and
runs into everybody's property over here...and my other neighbor even
told me the dog bit him. Its one of those little shts.. looks like a
'yorkshire terrior'... If im outside and the dog runs and barks up to
me, she will call the dog off, but the dog never listens..
Keep a water gun handy loaded with the strongest smelling cheap perfume
you can find. Use when the dog is in your face/yard. Will teach both the
dog & owner a lesson. Or keep the water hose on & handy(with nozzle of
course) and spray the little sht when it comes in your yard. They learn
fast.
KC

Posted to alt.home.repair

. If im outside and the dog runs and barks up to me, she will call the dog
off, but the dog never listens..

Hit it with a blast of "Bear Spray"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Revenge is not a good plan, and it will likely cause more friction.
You'll get far better results presenting a tray of freshly-baked
brownies.

-----------------------
I think you missed the part where I said I 'tried' it the nice way. You
should probably read the posts b4 jumping up on your soap box..

Besides, my brownies might get me charged with attempted homicide..

I always (try to) do things the right way first. Then I'll do it the
way they can understand if the right way isn't something they can
comprehend....?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Loud Alarm..(they don't poop)

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Sun, Jun 17, 2007, 10:41pm (EDT+4) From:
(~tom~)
www.AirHornsOfTexas.com

Woa...!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:26:46 -0400, "john"
wrote:

I wanna get some powerful dog alarm that only dogs can hear..this way he'll
think twice about hopping on my yard..something really poweful..anybody know
of any?

I never built one of these (parabolic reflector) :-))

http://www.matthope.org/matt's%20plans/dish/dish.htm

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 2:31 pm, wrote:
Revenge is not a good plan, and it will likely cause more friction.
You'll get far better results presenting a tray of freshly-baked
brownies.

-----------------------
I think you missed the part where I said I 'tried' it the nice way. You
should probably read the posts b4 jumping up on your soap box..

Besides, my brownies might get me charged with attempted homicide..

I always (try to) do things the right way first. Then I'll do it the
way they can understand if the right way isn't something they can
comprehend....?

Well, I've read all the posts. The quote below shows me that you get
your buttons pushed fairly easily.

I think you missed the part where I said I 'tried' it the nice way. You
should probably read the posts b4 jumping up on your soap box..

By the grace of God, my neighbor-from-hell just moved away a couple of
weeks ago. I tried the nice way like you did then I tried to use
tactics that would change his behavior. He just modified his tactics.

After 1 1/2 years of torment, I think I've realized that the best way
to deal with people like your neighbor is to ignor their behavior.
They are the type that thrive on human contact but don't possess the
social skills to make it happen in a positive way. They have become
the most comfortable by having someone to fight with. So negative
contact is better than no contact for them. Negative contact is more
familiar to them than positive contact. With this particular
neighbor, I feel you have only two options at this point. You can
either kill her with kindness or ignor her. You probably can't
"a**hole" her. Your negative reactions to her provocations makes her
feel on top of the world.

Robert

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 18, 2:31 pm, wrote:
[...]

Interesting point there, Robert.

I think the problem in our society these days is that inside...we all think
were 'better' then our neighbors. Either that or were envyous of them...or
they think their 'better' then us.. And thats what causes the friction.
Almost everybody is like this, do dont feel like an outcase.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"john" wrote

I wanna get some powerful dog alarm that only dogs can hear..this way
he'll think twice about hopping on my yard..something really
poweful..anybody know of any?

I can't believe people who let their dog just bark and bark.
It's friggin maddening. They do make alarms for barking dogs ...
google on bark stopper. I have no idea if they work and I hope
I don't have reason to find out for myself.

If they work, it would be worth every penny to me. I love dogs,
don't get me wrong. But I don't let mine torment the neighborhood
like my former neighbors did.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Jun 18, 6:50 pm, Phisherman wrote:

No soap box. I do have a psychology degree and know how to use it.
But in any event, it's not about her, it's about you.

You must be the neighbor he's talking about.

KC

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ex-La...oh, nevermind.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Phisherman" wrote in message
:
:
: Revenge is not a good plan, and it will likely cause more
friction.
: You'll get far better results presenting a tray of
freshly-baked
: brownies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nancy Young" wrote in
:

"john" wrote

I wanna get some powerful dog alarm that only dogs can hear..this way
he'll think twice about hopping on my yard..something really
poweful..anybody know of any?

I can't believe people who let their dog just bark and bark.
It's friggin maddening. They do make alarms for barking dogs ...
google on bark stopper. I have no idea if they work and I hope
I don't have reason to find out for myself.

If they work, it would be worth every penny to me. I love dogs,
don't get me wrong. But I don't let mine torment the neighborhood
like my former neighbors did.

nancy

Many counties have laws regarding noisy dogs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Loud Alarm..(they don't poop)

Group: alt.home.repair Date: Mon, Jun 18, 2007, 9:10pm From:
(Nancy*Young)
"john" wrote
I wanna get some powerful dog alarm that only dogs can hear..this way
he'll think twice about hopping on my yard..something really
poweful..anybody know of any?
I can't believe people who let their dog just bark and bark. It's
friggin maddening. They do make alarms for barking dogs ... google on
bark stopper. I have no idea if they work and I hope I don't have reason
to find out for myself.
If they work, it would be worth every penny to me. I love dogs, don't
get me wrong. But I don't let mine torment the neighborhood like my
former neighbors did.
nancy

--------------------------------
I agree the whole mentality is bizarre. I love dogs too. I have
one..uh... that is if stuffed animals count (doesn't poop or bark. I
don't have to feed it and it always smells good)...

My vacation home is in a gated community with an HOA. It is situated on
the side of a mountain so that almost everyone has a view. Seems like
the ones above have a sound advantage, as the sound cascades DOWN more
loudly than up. I'm in the one row down from the top.. It's kind of
like living in an outdoor ampitheater. And even sounds from neighbors
far away have no where to go because of the steep mountain behind us.

I contacted the HOA again with an update and (left a message) I told
them don't do anything else, I'll take care of it. I went on to say,
it's obvious people like this only understand one thing, ignorance. I
told them my plan was to start using my car alarm at strategic times
during the 'work week'...(I do have an advantage since I don't work when
I'm here)...

I keyed my car alarm on Sun. and I don't think I've heard anyone so much
as fart in this community since..Not only has her dog stopped completly
but dogs from far away that I would hear (occasionally) have stopped as
well..

It may still have been the HOA's intercession (possibly reacting to my
message to circumvent any escalation) that did the trick.. Who knows.. I
certainly don't and wont give them a reason to start up again, that's
for sure.

What I've learned from this is you should set off as many noisy alarms
etc immedialty when you move in to a new neighborhood as if by accident
(or fire up a harley). Then anyone who wants to try to toy with you that
way may reconsider when they recount how loud your alarms are. Kinda
like if you go to jail you gotta pick a fight with the biggest meanest
guy so no one will mess with you..

I agree with the poster who talked about the 'negative attention being
better than none' theory etc. And I'm a firm believer in avoiding a
****ing constest at all costs. But I don't think paying an HOA fee
and more money for a rule book is something I'm willing to do if the
rules are going to be ignored..