Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Southern Blizzard

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll pray to the Mormon God for you.

I'm sure that will help you Southern
redneck Bible thumpers.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
It's snowing here in Alabamastan,
we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:32:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

The grass is bare up here in Ontario Canada
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2013 1:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'll pray to the Mormon God for you.

I'm sure that will help you Southern
redneck Bible thumpers.

That was such a neckist statement. You obviously hate and discriminate
against necks of color. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Western NYS had a trace of snow, and
promise of colder.

We can send you some Northern boys
who know how to drive on inch of snow.
Take folks to the store, and so on.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

The grass is bare up here in Ontario Canada

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 17, 2:32*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Define "snowing".

Is it this:

http://media.mwcradio.com/mimesis/20...75x310_q85.jpg

Or this:

http://larc.hamgate.net/bufbliz2.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 17, 7:32*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Weatherman has promised us blizzards for the the next 36 hours here.
(UK). It's just starting now.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1358410362

I have brought in a pile of logs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2013 1:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'll pray to the Mormon God for you.

I'm sure that will help you Southern
redneck Bible thumpers.

That was such a neckist statement. You obviously hate and discriminate
against necks of color. O_o

TDD

Never thought of that - different color necks.

Would Red Necks be offended if a sporting franchise were named after them?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

Hey, it's a day off for *everyone*. GA is supposed to get some
tonight but probably nothing here. No four day holiday. :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Pansy ass southerners....get up to Chicago for a Bears game in January.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2013 3:33 PM, Norminn wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Pansy ass southerners....get up to Chicago for a Bears game in January.

Just be sure to use plenty of anti-freeze )
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Define "snowing".

Is it this:

http://media.mwcradio.com/mimesis/20...75x310_q85.jpg

Or this:

http://larc.hamgate.net/bufbliz2.jpg

You must understand that in The South, any snow is a blizzard. My
backyard is covered quite well and it's coming down as heavy as I've
seen in this area. Travel is already hazardous in some areas and the
snow may be around tomorrow but I'm betting it will be gone Saturday
and no trace by Sunday. There is already some ice on the roads. I
was around for The Blizzard Of 93 where the whole area was paralyzed
for days and I had to dig my my car out of a deep snowdrift. The snow
is coming down twice as hard as your first picture and in 93 looked
like the second picture. There are several inches on the ground now
but it will not hang around for very long. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

That was such a neckist statement. You obviously hate and discriminate
against necks of color. O_o

TDD

This will be reused soon and often. (grin0
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

You must understand that in The South, any snow is a blizzard. My
backyard is covered quite well and it's coming down as heavy as I've
seen in this area. Travel is already hazardous in some areas and the
snow may be around tomorrow but I'm betting it will be gone Saturday
and no trace by Sunday. There is already some ice on the roads.

The in-laws extended family hail from Murfreesboro Arkansas. The
wife's cousin is the entire snow removal contingent for the county. He
has a road grader.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Define "snowing".

Is it this:

http://media.mwcradio.com/mimesis/20...75x310_q85.jpg

Or this:

http://larc.hamgate.net/bufbliz2.jpg

Hehe-- The prediction I saw was for #2- 12" in Georgia or something
crazy.

Meanwhile, up in Alaska, they can't buy a snowflake for the Iditerod.

Earlier this week I got to call email daughter in SF to show her that
it was 1 degree warmer in upstate NY than it was in SF.

About time the rest of the country got some New England weather.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2013 2:18 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/17/2013 1:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'll pray to the Mormon God for you.

I'm sure that will help you Southern
redneck Bible thumpers.

That was such a neckist statement. You obviously hate and discriminate
against necks of color. O_o

TDD

Never thought of that - different color necks.

Would Red Necks be offended if a sporting franchise were named after them?

No silly, they would celebrate it but even better, name a beer after them. ˜º

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:33:14 -0500, Norminn

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Pansy ass southerners....get up to Chicago for a Bears game in January.

No friggin' way! Don't wanna get *shot*!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2013 2:48 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

You must understand that in The South, any snow is a blizzard. My
backyard is covered quite well and it's coming down as heavy as I've
seen in this area. Travel is already hazardous in some areas and the
snow may be around tomorrow but I'm betting it will be gone Saturday
and no trace by Sunday. There is already some ice on the roads.

The in-laws extended family hail from Murfreesboro Arkansas. The
wife's cousin is the entire snow removal contingent for the county. He
has a road grader.

Back in 1989, I was in Los Angeles when it snowed there. It was a very
light snow but the Mexicans were freaking out. ˜º

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.

I just looked out the sliding glass doors into the back yard, I'm now
snow blind. Dang it's bright! O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:46:38 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/17/2013 1:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'll pray to the Mormon God for you.

I'm sure that will help you Southern
redneck Bible thumpers.

That was such a neckist statement. You obviously hate and discriminate
against necks of color. O_o

TDD

Ban Assault Necks (BAN)

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://media.mwcradio.com/mimesis/20...y_jpg_475x310_...

Or this:

http://larc.hamgate.net/bufbliz2.jpg

Hehe-- The prediction I saw was for #2- *12" in Georgia or something
crazy.

Meanwhile, up in Alaska, they can't buy a snowflake for the Iditerod.

Earlier this week I got to call email daughter in SF to show her that
it was 1 degree warmer in upstate NY than it was in SF.

About time the rest of the country got some New England weather.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

I spent a year in AK about 80 miles south of the artic circle. On one
side of the buildings you could see the tundra all winter, on the
other side we would ski off the roofs in our seal skin slippers. As
long as there was nothing to block the snow, it just blew away.
Anything sitting around got buried.

The maintenance crew used to refill the small lakes used for water by
waiting for them to freeze over then setting up a few rows of snow
fence on top. Once the snow drifted and buried the snow fence they'd
add more snow fence to the tops of drifts to capture more snow. The
piles would get pretty high by the end of winter and then the snow
would melt and they'd drag the snow fence out with a tractor.

We'd shovel around the entrance ways, piling up the snow on each side.
When it got to be about 8' high, we'd build a frame and lay plywood
across it for a roof making kind of a tunnel extending from the door.
Then we'd dig steps into the snow so you sort of climbed up out of the
drift that buried the building
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, then a TV station devoted to Red Neck bass fishing?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

That was such a neckist statement. You obviously hate and discriminate
against necks of color. O_o

TDD

Never thought of that - different color necks.

Would Red Necks be offended if a sporting franchise were named after them?

No silly, they would celebrate it but even better, name a beer after them. ?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Trying to line it up on miror, and snort it?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Back in 1989, I was in Los Angeles when it snowed there. It was a very
light snow but the Mexicans were freaking out. ?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.

I just looked out the sliding glass doors into the back yard, I'm now
snow blind. Dang it's bright! O_o

TDD

Sandy is shivering 90 mph
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

http://tinyurl.com/bfm9ogz

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.

I just looked out the sliding glass doors into the back yard, I'm now
snow blind. Dang it's bright! O_o

TDD

Sandy is shivering 90 mph

I let the barking rat out the back door and she wouldn't go out in the
snow covered yard, she tinkled on the porch. It's OK, there's a hose on
the porch to wash it off. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

Yeah it is down to 64.6f at 7:30PM

Oh the humanity!

Oh, just go fishin' will ya

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.

I just looked out the sliding glass doors into the back yard, I'm now
snow blind. Dang it's bright! O_o

TDD

Sandy is shivering 90 mph

I let the barking rat out the back door and she wouldn't go out in the
snow covered yard, she tinkled on the porch. It's OK, there's a hose on
the porch to wash it off. O_o

TDD

Be extra careful. That tiny creature could be caught in an avalanche.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.

I just looked out the sliding glass doors into the back yard, I'm now
snow blind. Dang it's bright! O_o

TDD

Sandy is shivering 90 mph

I let the barking rat out the back door and she wouldn't go out in the
snow covered yard, she tinkled on the porch. It's OK, there's a hose on
the porch to wash it off. O_o

TDD

Be extra careful. That tiny creature could be caught in an avalanche.

My dear friend J has/had a little dust mop of a dog when she and her
kids lived in Spokane. One snowy day she opened the back door and tossed
the little critter out into the snow, POOF! They had to do a
great deal of digging to find the tiny creature. Most folks don't
realize how cold it is down on the floor and the body temp of the
Chihuahua runs ±101°F and they either sleep a lot or eat a lot just
to keep warm. Sandy burrows up under any blanket, towel or article of
clothing left on a couch or chair. I keep a big towel over my office
chair in front of my computer and if I get up to go into another room,
I often return to a lump under the towel in my chair. I can't type with
Dogzilla in my lap so when watching a movie on the computer, I get a
pillow for my lap and Sandy curls up on it because without the pillow,
the little critter would slip through my legs. The last time I owned a
dog was 35 years ago when I had a Weimaraner that I raised from a pup
larger than full grown Sandy and he was a REAL dog. By the time he was
a year old, he could stand on his hind legs and put his big paws, the
size of my palms, on my shoulders. He still tried to get in my lap the
way he did when he was a puppy. ^_^

TDD
Senior Member

Snow is fun if seeing it is a novelty where you live. Everyone goes outside and builds snowmen and throws snow balls at each other.

But, if it's something you have to put up with every winter, it soon loses it's appeal.

Where I live, we differentiate between transient snow and permanent snow. If we get a snow fall, and that snow melts and we subsequently get a few weeks of nice weather, we call that nice weather an "Indian Summer". Once the Indian Summer is over, and the snow we get stays frozen on the ground until spring, we call that kind of snow "permanent snow".
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
Snow is fun if seeing it is a novelty where you live. Everyone goes
outside and builds snowmen and throws snow balls at each other.

But, if it's something you have to put up with every winter, it soon
loses it's appeal.

....unless you like to participate in winter sports, enjoy bundling up to
blow snow 30 feet in the air and feel that a White Christmas is still
something special.

I've seen over a half century's worth of winters and they still appeal to
me.

Where I live, we differentiate between transient snow and permanent
snow. If we get a snow fall, and that snow melts and we subsequently
get a few weeks of nice weather, we call that nice weather an "Indian
Summer". Once the Indian Summer is over, and the snow we get stays
frozen on the ground until spring, we call that kind of snow "permanent
snow".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

The grass is bare up here in Ontario Canada

Well heck, you Canucks run around naked in the snow. You must have

swapped genetic material with polar bears. O_o

I've seen that video ;-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

DIARY OF A SNOW SHOVELER

December 8: 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season
and
the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window
watching
the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma
Moses
Print. So romantic: we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9: We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow
covering
every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a
lovelier
place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever
had.
Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did
both
our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snow plow came
along and
covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to
shovel
again. What a perfect life.

December 12: The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a
disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely
have a
white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll
have
so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow
again.
l don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man I'm glad he's
our
neighbor.

December 14: Snow lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped
too.
The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away,
but I
warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life!
The
snow plow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I
didn't
realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll
certainly get
back in shape this way. I wish l wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15: 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4
Blazer.
Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the
freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes
out. I
think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16: Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in
the
driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an
hour...
which I think was very cruel.

December 17: Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go
anywhere.
Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay
warm.
Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her.
Guess I
should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate
it
when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own
living
room.

December 20: Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the damn
stuff
last night. More shoveling. Took all day. Damn snow plow came by
twice.
Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too
busy
playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware
store
around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have
Another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have
shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's
lying.

December 22: Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more
inches of
the white shjt fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt
till
August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel
and
then I had to ****. By the time I got undressed, ****ed and dressed
again, I
was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck
for
the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think the a$$hole
is
lying.

December 23: Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife
wanted
me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What? Is she
nuts?!!!
Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I
think
she's lying.

December 24: 6". Snow packed so hard by snow plow, l broke the
shovel.
Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a
bitch who
drives that snow plow, I'll drag him through the snow by his balls. I
know
he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shovelling and
then he
comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over
where
I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols
with her
and open our presents, but I was busy watching for the damn snowplow.

December 25: Merry Christmas. 20 more inches of the @$#%^$&$@#$ slop
tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God
I hate
the snow! Then the snow plow driver came by asking for a donation and
I hit
him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad
attitude. I
think she's an idiot. If I have to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" one
more
time, I'm going to kill her.

December 26: Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It
was
all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27: Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze.

December 28: Warmed up to above -50. Still snowed in. MY WIFE is
driving
me crazy!!!!!

December 29: 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it
could
cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he
think I
am?

December 30: Roof caved in. The snow plow driver is suing me for a
million
dollars. The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31: Set fire to what's left of the house. No more
shoveling.

January 8: I feel so good. I just love those little white pills they
keep
giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Just unwrap your armory of firearms and shoot all the snowflakes. Where
you live, aren't guns at least part of the solution to all the world's woes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/18/2013 8:24 AM, Peter wrote:
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Just unwrap your armory of firearms and shoot all the snowflakes. Where
you live, aren't guns at least part of the solution to all the world's
woes?

No, I don't own a firearm. Funny thing about The South that the
P.L.L.C.F will never acknowledge, there is much less racism and
hate here than there is in places like Chicago and New York. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I wonder how much of the violence in Chicago is
racist? Or, if it's within ethnic communities? Whites
shooting at whites, for example?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

No, I don't own a firearm. Funny thing about The South that the
P.L.L.C.F will never acknowledge, there is much less racism and
hate here than there is in places like Chicago and New York. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:24:17 -0500, Peter wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Just unwrap your armory of firearms and shoot all the snowflakes. Where
you live, aren't guns at least part of the solution to all the world's woes?

The certainly are one solution to the woe of leftism.

Birmingham blizzard of 1993 [email protected] Metalworking 0 August 7th 12 02:57 AM
OT Anyone here with Southern Water? tim.... UK diy 22 March 26th 11 10:33 PM
Southern Steel ATP Metalworking 6 August 16th 10 09:44 PM
Southern women.... Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 July 4th 09 04:08 PM
Southern Electric Vortex UK diy 8 November 25th 07 10:16 PM