Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Southern Blizzard

On 1/17/2013 7:43 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:55:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/17/2013 5:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:04:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/17/2013 2:34 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:32:55 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o

TDD

Vegas has been in a hard freeze at night for a week. Wind chills in
the low teens. Plumbers are busy as all get out. One company says
they have replaced ~ 200 PVR valves.

I just looked out the sliding glass doors into the back yard, I'm now
snow blind. Dang it's bright! O_o

TDD

Sandy is shivering 90 mph

I let the barking rat out the back door and she wouldn't go out in the
snow covered yard, she tinkled on the porch. It's OK, there's a hose on
the porch to wash it off. O_o

TDD

Be extra careful. That tiny creature could be caught in an avalanche.

My dear friend J has/had a little dust mop of a dog when she and her
kids lived in Spokane. One snowy day she opened the back door and tossed
the little critter out into the snow, POOF! They had to do a
great deal of digging to find the tiny creature. Most folks don't
realize how cold it is down on the floor and the body temp of the
Chihuahua runs ±101°F and they either sleep a lot or eat a lot just
to keep warm. Sandy burrows up under any blanket, towel or article of
clothing left on a couch or chair. I keep a big towel over my office
chair in front of my computer and if I get up to go into another room,
I often return to a lump under the towel in my chair. I can't type with
Dogzilla in my lap so when watching a movie on the computer, I get a
pillow for my lap and Sandy curls up on it because without the pillow,
the little critter would slip through my legs. The last time I owned a
dog was 35 years ago when I had a Weimaraner that I raised from a pup
larger than full grown Sandy and he was a REAL dog. By the time he was
a year old, he could stand on his hind legs and put his big paws, the
size of my palms, on my shoulders. He still tried to get in my lap the
way he did when he was a puppy. ^_^

TDD