Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Twinkie update

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery store
just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of Twinkies in
a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were being sold as
Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to visit
a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At least they
will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article om,
"EXT" wrote:

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery store
just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of Twinkies in
a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were being sold as
Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to visit
a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At least they
will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

I though Big Bakery got a law passed that you couldn't import Twinkies
from Canada....
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 13:03:01 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article om,
"EXT" wrote:

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery store
just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of Twinkies in
a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were being sold as
Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to visit
a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At least they
will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

I though Big Bakery got a law passed that you couldn't import Twinkies
from Canada....

Nah, Canuck twinks don't even need a visa. Just ask HomoGay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2012 12:43 PM, EXT wrote:

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery
store just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of
Twinkies in a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were
being sold as Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of
Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to
visit a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At
least they will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

Reading Home Guy posts, I'd say Canada is the home of the Twinkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 12:43:34 -0500, "EXT"
wrote:

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery store
just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of Twinkies in
a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were being sold as
Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to visit
a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At least they
will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

Too far to drive for a piece of styrofoam. Just go to any building
supply store, buy some styrofoam insulation and make your own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery store
just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of Twinkies in
a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were being sold as
Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to visit
a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At least they
will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

Saputo of Montreal has been the Canadian producer of Twinkies for
quite a number of years - and is totally unaffected by the Hostess
failure in the USA
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article om,
"EXT" wrote:

I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery
store
just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes of Twinkies
in
a display. When I check closer I noticed that they were being sold as
Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by Saputo of Montreal.

So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want to
visit
a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home. At least they
will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

I though Big Bakery got a law passed that you couldn't import Twinkies
from Canada....

If they did, they got the idea from US Big Pharma, which made it illegal to
go to Canada for cheaper Rx drugs....

Gots ta love Merka....

Hmmmm.... don't Twinkies have some medicinal value? Won't they, like,
preserve the human body or sumpn???
--
EA

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair

EXT wrote:
I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery
store just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes
of Twinkies in a display. When I check closer I noticed that they
were being sold as Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by
Saputo of Montreal.
So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want
to visit a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home.
At least they will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

So, Canada has twinkies, and the US doesn't. So much for HomeBoy's superiority.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:05:26 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

EXT wrote:
I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery
store just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes
of Twinkies in a display. When I check closer I noticed that they
were being sold as Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by
Saputo of Montreal.
So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want
to visit a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home.
At least they will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

So, Canada has twinkies, and the US doesn't. So much for HomeBoy's superiority.

Of course Canada has twinkies. HomoGay *is* one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2012 10:05 PM, Bob F wrote:
EXT wrote:
I was picking up some groceries for my wife at a large chain grocery
store just north of Toronto, Canada, and was surprised to see boxes
of Twinkies in a display. When I check closer I noticed that they
were being sold as Hostess Twinkies, and identified as produced by
Saputo of Montreal.
So those of you close to the border or traveling to Canada may want
to visit a Loblaw Grocery Store and smuggle some Twinkies back home.
At least they will be cheaper than the rip-off prices in EBAY.

So, Canada has twinkies, and the US doesn't. So much for HomeBoy's superiority.

Egypt has Twinkies, I suppose that should make the Homo Gay dude out of
Canada feel he's in good company. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cpr9omc

TDD

Senior Member

I think that Twinkies made in Canada are made under licence from Hostess in the USA. So, if Hostess goes bankrupt, the licence to produce and sell Twinkies in Canada will be one of their assets that'll go on the auction block.

When you US Senate was having hearings into the safety of prescription drugs being mail ordered online from Canada, one of the things that they wasn't being said out loud was that many of those prescription drugs were produced in Canada and shipped back to the USA so they could be packaged in containers bearing the US FDA label. That is, that FDA label on the package of pharmaceuticals made about as much difference as putting a racing stripe on a car. The reason why prescription drugs cost less in Canada isn't because they're more risky cuz we don't wash out our equipment properly between batches of drugs, it's because in Canada there's a law that limits the amount pharmaceutical companies can charge for their products.

The USA has no such law, and so pharmaceutrical companies charge more for their products in the USA as they do in Canada. Many of the pharmaceuticals you guys buy are produced in Canada. The only reason there isn't the same amount of drugs being imported from Canada now is that the pharmaceutical companies dropped their prices in the US to be competitive with those in Canada.

Don't believe what you hear on TV, especially if it comes from someone who has an interest in affecting your spending habits.

Last edited by nestork : December 23rd 12 at 05:48 PM