Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) The end is almost here

According to many, the world will end this Friday, Dec 21.
So, last Friday we had this mass killing of children in Newtown CT.
where 20 first grade children were killed along with 6 teachers, and the
killer's own mother.

Knowing we live in a world with such deranged people makes it much more
apparent that the world will actually end. Not because of natural
disasters, but more likely by mankind itself. Knowing that a person is
capable of killing young kids, and his own mother, tells what kind of
severely deranged people exist around us. Any person who is capable of
such a horriffic murder, is also capable of pushing the button that will
destroy all life on earth.

Far too many times I've heard that even though we have all these nuclear
missles capable of destroying the earth, that there is no one crazy
enough to push the button, because that person would also perish. I
disagree. The same type of person who could kill all these kids, would
push that button without any thoughts or cares. Maybe the time has
come........

In fact, after seeing what occurred in that CT school, I almost hope the
world does end this coming Friday. Our society has fallen so far, that
there is little hope of ever returning to the good ways. The entire
world is nothing but corruption and dispair. Maybe the end of humanity
is overdue. The world itself will likely continue, it's humanity that
has gone to far, and can no longer be healed. Look around you. Most
younger people no longer have any connection to the earth. The exist
inside a bubble, and act like robots pushing buttons all day long,
saying nothing for the bettement of society. They just push that "like
button" over and over, when in fact they like nothing, because they have
nothing left in life. Add to this the drugs and alcohol they consume to
escape all the pain they feel, and it's no wonder that some of them snap
and kill wihout any feelings or emotions.

Our society has entered it's final days. We just continue to devour the
earth for riches without love, compassion, or morals. It's all about
competition and winning, winning the most wealth and power. No one
stops and realizes that we will all end up owning nothing, and without
any power when we depart this earth. On that final day, it wont matter
who is the president, or how big our home is, or what position we hold
in our careers. Nothing will matter.

I had doubts about the end occuring this coming Friday, but now I'm not
sure. After watching the events in these last few days, maybe this
really is the end. Maybe it would be best for all of us, since a sudden
end might be far less painful than watching our lives decay as the world
around us turns uglier and uglier. It's apparent that our US gvernment
is on the brink of collapse, and it seems our morals are on the same
collision course.

We have 5 days left, rather than fight it, knowing that there is nothing
any one of us can do, I welcome the end with open arms. Bring it
on....... it's time!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

According to many, the world will end this Friday, Dec 21.

Only stupid people who think the fact that the Mayan bloke who made the
calendar could not be arsed to go beyond the date he did. I have it on good
authority that the Mayan calendar can be systematically extended so it's
hardly fundamental.

[...]

They'v ebeen saying that for the last 2000 years everytime some significant
event happened...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog:
http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:04:07 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

I suggest you read some history books for a change;
in particular about The Middle Ages.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

According to many, the world will end this Friday, Dec 21.

No, the world will not end; the calendar will end. Just go to Office Depot
and get a new Mayan calendar. End of story.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"notbob" wrote

There can be no doubt mankind is circling the drain. It'll probably
take a few more decades, but Our extinction event is as inevitable as
rising gas prices. Have a nice day.

There was an episode on the "Dobie Gillis" TV show in the 1950s that also
said the end was near. Maynard G. Crebs keeps saying the world is going to
go "boom, boom, kerboom!" because of the Soviet Union and the Bomb, and he's
all depressed about it until someone tells him that people were so distraut
during World War I in 1918 that they thought the world was going to end
then.

No, the world will keep on going. Mankind is just fine, thank you. We have
the lowest infectious disease rate in the history of humankind -- polio has
been nearly wiped out, smallpox has been wiped out. Cholera is a thing of
the past in most countries. People are living 15 years longer than they
were in 1965. We have the information of the world at our fingertips,
greater than the great library at Alexandria ever was.

We're managing to conquer the ozone layer problem, according to the BBC
Science Magazine. There are fewer wars around the world than at any time in
our history.

In short, WE'RE IN DAMNED GOOD SHAPE!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-12-17, David Kaye wrote:

In short, WE'RE IN DAMNED GOOD SHAPE!!!

Sure, pal.

As one wag so aptly put it, "We live on an orb intended to support 1 billion
ppl on bicycles, not 7 billion in SUVs." I hope yer old like me and
not intended to see the end.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"David Kaye" wrote:

wrote

According to many, the world will end this Friday, Dec 21.

No, the world will not end; the calendar will end. Just go to Office Depot
and get a new Mayan calendar. End of story.

My favorite explanation is that the calendar maker was on 12-21-12 when
his manic phase ended.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

"notbob" wrote

As one wag so aptly put it, "We live on an orb intended to support 1
billion
ppl on bicycles, not 7 billion in SUVs." I hope yer old like me and
not intended to see the end.

Well, as a gay man I'm not contributing to the overpopulation. I live in
California, and though we have 33 million people here there are still lots
of areas that are as rural as anything you'd see in Wyoming. Yeah, 7
billion is a lot of people -- you hetero folks should be taught about BIRTH
CONTROL.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 06:58:02 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

No, the world will not end; the calendar will end. Just go to Office Depot
and get a new Mayan calendar. End of story.

My favorite explanation is that the calendar maker was on 12-21-12 when
his manic phase ended.

Isn't the Mayan calendar 18 months, instead of 12 months?
Posted to alt.home.repair

When you wake up on 12/22/2012, run outside and scream "THE DOCTOR DID
IT! HE SAVED US!!!
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:58:31 -0800, "David Kaye"
wrote:

No, the world will keep on going. Mankind is just fine, thank you. We have
the lowest infectious disease rate in the history of humankind -- polio has
been nearly wiped out, smallpox has been wiped out. Cholera is a thing of
the past in most countries. People are living 15 years longer than they
were in 1965. We have the information of the world at our fingertips,
greater than the great library at Alexandria ever was.

We're managing to conquer the ozone layer problem, according to the BBC
Science Magazine. There are fewer wars around the world than at any time in
our history.

In short, WE'RE IN DAMNED GOOD SHAPE!!!

DREAM ON !!!!

Apparently you've been listening to one of those "Prosperity" New Age
type televangelists again. According to them everything is peachy keen,
flowers and happiness...... Hell, I bet they even told you to ask your
dog if he has any discomforts in his life, and he will answer you.

Yes, those types do exist, in fact I had the misfortune of meeting one
of them. (luckily only once).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/12 3:37 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
When you wake up on 12/22/2012, run outside and scream "THE DOCTOR DID
IT! HE SAVED US!!!

Doctor Who?? (tv!)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

DREAM ON !!!!

Reality is a harsh thing when you've bought a doomsday religion. You can't
use logic to talk someone out of a position when they didn't use logic to
get themselves into it.

Apparently you've been listening to one of those "Prosperity" New Age
type televangelists again. According to them everything is peachy keen,
flowers and happiness......

I am wise enough to realize that I can't control much beyond 2 or 3 doors
from my house. I can't fix the atrocities that happened in Connecticut or
in Yemen or on the West Bank, but I can try to do the things I can around
home. I am nice to people, kind to children and pets, and somehow I make it
through this life happy. I do not engage cynicism, irony, sardonic
comments, or any other such negativism. It works just fine for me.

And no, I don't endorse the self-help gurus. I think all they do is keep
local PBS stations alive at pledge time, and I'm not convinced that PBS
stations should be kept alive. (NPR radio stations yes, PBS TV stations,
no.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

The real question is whether there was ever a CFC ozone problem in the
first place.

Plenty of evidence to show there was, but the banning of CFCs has had a
demonstrable effect.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-12-16,
wrote:

any one of us can do, I welcome the end with open arms. Bring it
on....... it's time!!!!

There can be no doubt mankind is circling the drain. It'll probably
take a few more decades, but Our extinction event is as inevitable as
rising gas prices. Have a nice day.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/.../glad-tidings/

I tried to go to that link and for some reason saw:

"ERROR: scoff/blog/rss. is not a valid feed template." O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-12-16,
wrote:

any one of us can do, I welcome the end with open arms. Bring it
on....... it's time!!!!

There can be no doubt mankind is circling the drain. It'll probably
take a few more decades, but Our extinction event is as inevitable as
rising gas prices. Have a nice day.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/.../glad-tidings/

I tried to go to that link and for some reason saw:

"ERROR: scoff/blog/rss. is not a valid feed template." O_o

TDD

Try: http://tinyurl.com/dxcaqt3
Why 2012 was the best year ever
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-12-16,
wrote:

any one of us can do, I welcome the end with open arms. Bring it
on....... it's time!!!!

There can be no doubt mankind is circling the drain. It'll probably
take a few more decades, but Our extinction event is as inevitable as
rising gas prices. Have a nice day.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-week/.../glad-tidings/

I tried to go to that link and for some reason saw:

"ERROR: scoff/blog/rss. is not a valid feed template." O_o

TDD

Try: http://tinyurl.com/dxcaqt3
Why 2012 was the best year ever

That link worked and the other link works now. It could have been a
hiccup in the filtered DNS service I'm using. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:29:47 -0800, "David Kaye"
wrote:

Reality is a harsh thing when you've bought a doomsday religion. You can't
use logic to talk someone out of a position when they didn't use logic to
get themselves into it.

If this was some religious whacko making the prediction, like that one
last year, I would not even consider it. However, this time it's based
on planetary alignments and the end of the Mayan calendar. We already
saw a large earthquake occur in the ocean outside of Calif. last Friday
as well as a very high increase in violent crimes. On top of that, the
weather has been extreme in the last year or more. Some scientists have
said that there could be a complete reversal of the poles of the earth.
That alone will destroy all our electrrical and electronic equipment.
Granted, we can survive without that stuff, but what will it do to our
bodies and the ocean tides, and land masses, and future crops, etc. If
scientists are saying this is possible, it's time to take it seriously.
This time it's not just some religious fanatic talking ****.

I'm not saying it WILL happen, but I'm not doubting it either. There
are people buying all kinds of survival goods in preparation. I'm not
doing anything except making peace with those I love, and telling
everyone that I wish them well if it occurs. I'm not afraid to die.
I've lived a long life and dont care anymore. The way the world is
going, maybe it would be the best, so we dont have to see anymore
children being gunned down in their schools. If it happens, I just hope
it happens real fast and dontr leave people suffering.

I wish you all well, no matter what happens!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've long doubted the causation. There is chlorine in CFC, and there is an
ozone hole. Doesn't mean that A caused B.

There is a McDonalds restaurant in New York City. There are homeless people
in NYC. Therefore, the McDonalds causes homelessness.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

We're managing to conquer the ozone layer problem, according to the BBC
Science Magazine.

The real question is whether there was ever a CFC ozone problem in the
first place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, I've got four days to let the freon out of my refrigerator.

Should I do it all at once, or a little at a time?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

You make it sound like the world stopped making R12 and R22. The US
and some other western countries did but China built about a half
billion R12 refrigerators and the 3d world was awash with Freon
throughout the ban years.

... and the ozone still got better.

Proving it was all America's fault. You surprised???