Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) The end is almost here

wrote:

According to many, the world will end this Friday, Dec 21.

Only stupid people who think the fact that the Mayan bloke who made the
calendar could not be arsed to go beyond the date he did. I have it on good
authority that the Mayan calendar can be systematically extended so it's
hardly fundamental.

So, last Friday we had this mass killing of children in Newtown CT.
where 20 first grade children were killed along with 6 teachers, and the
killer's own mother.

Knowing we live in a world with such deranged people makes it much more
apparent that the world will actually end. Not because of natural
disasters, but more likely by mankind itself. Knowing that a person is
capable of killing young kids, and his own mother, tells what kind of
severely deranged people exist around us. Any person who is capable of
such a horriffic murder, is also capable of pushing the button that will
destroy all life on earth.

Far too many times I've heard that even though we have all these nuclear
missles capable of destroying the earth, that there is no one crazy
enough to push the button, because that person would also perish. I
disagree. The same type of person who could kill all these kids, would
push that button without any thoughts or cares. Maybe the time has

They'v ebeen saying that for the last 2000 years everytime some significant
event happened...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog:
http://www.dionic.net/tim/