Posted to alt.home.repair
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default (OT) The end is almost here

wrote

DREAM ON !!!!

Reality is a harsh thing when you've bought a doomsday religion. You can't
use logic to talk someone out of a position when they didn't use logic to
get themselves into it.

Apparently you've been listening to one of those "Prosperity" New Age
type televangelists again. According to them everything is peachy keen,
flowers and happiness......

I am wise enough to realize that I can't control much beyond 2 or 3 doors
from my house. I can't fix the atrocities that happened in Connecticut or
in Yemen or on the West Bank, but I can try to do the things I can around
home. I am nice to people, kind to children and pets, and somehow I make it
through this life happy. I do not engage cynicism, irony, sardonic
comments, or any other such negativism. It works just fine for me.

And no, I don't endorse the self-help gurus. I think all they do is keep
local PBS stations alive at pledge time, and I'm not convinced that PBS
stations should be kept alive. (NPR radio stations yes, PBS TV stations,
no.)