Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hurricane Sandy and concentration camps

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I had high blood sugar at one time until I cut out sugared soft drinks
and went to diet. I drink a lot of fluid when I work so I was getting
too much sugar. I cut out sugar and dropped 100lbs in weight. Blood
sugar went to normal. ^_^

I was 180 pounds when I was diagnosed as diabetic, and had been
drinking diet Mt Dew for 15 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 11/4/2012 8:37 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 17:21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 11/4/2012 2:07 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 10:21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
You do know I was being fecesious[sic]? ^_^

Does that mean full of feces ?

Of course. I see you understand what sic means. ^_^

Yeah. Like "That's not funny; that's sic"

:-)

I may sic Sandy the Rothuahua on you. She's a Chihuahua who thinks she's
a Rottweiler, the barking rat was in my computer chair a while
ago before I let her out to patrol the back yard in search of illegal
aliens from Mars. ^_^

Has she seen any of those movies with Martians? In one, they were
the size of mice.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/5/2012 4:11 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like you're doing your best, in spite of a
lot of challenges. Any way to order supplies and
have them shipped to your door? Or, to your porch?

Na, I'm better off moving around despite being in pain. I had to get
down on my knees and sit on the concrete to make an electrical
connection. Whenever I have to do that kind of stuff, I pay in pain
later. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hurricane Sandy and concrete floors

I've never been fond of being on concrete.

Knee pads, carpet sample, closed cell foam
camping pad. Broken down cardboard boxes.
All good ideas.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Na, I'm better off moving around despite being in
pain. I had to get down on my knees and sit on the
concrete to make an electrical connection.

Whenever I have to do that kind of stuff, I pay in
pain later. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've never been fond of being on concrete.

Stop wearing those mafia shoes! ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 11/4/2012 8:37 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 17:21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 11/4/2012 2:07 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 10:21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
You do know I was being fecesious[sic]? ^_^

Does that mean full of feces ?

Of course. I see you understand what sic means. ^_^

Yeah. Like "That's not funny; that's sic"

:-)

I may sic Sandy the Rothuahua on you. She's a Chihuahua who thinks she's
a Rottweiler, the barking rat was in my computer chair a while
ago before I let her out to patrol the back yard in search of illegal
aliens from Mars. ^_^

Has she seen any of those movies with Martians? In one, they were
the size of mice.

In "Mars Attacks" a Chihuahua wound up with a girl's head and vice
versa. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fth0iZ6ulzs

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

But, I need them for my arch support.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've never been fond of being on concrete.

Stop wearing those mafia shoes! ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/4/2012 9:43 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 18:17, ATP wrote:
"EXT" wrote in message
And don't forget Jehovah's Witnesses, many were in prison for their
faith
during the two world wars -- on both sides of the war.

For refusing to serve, not for their faith.

Refusing to serve IS their faith.

Correct. I came from a JW family upbringing. Not only do they not
serve militarily in any form of armed conflict, they don't even vote
and are politically neutral. When the draft was still used in the
U.S., they did allow their members to be drafted provided they were
specifically ordered for medical corps, otherwise they they took a CO
position.

--
"We all should vote 'forward' - just don't vote Barack-ward..."

MFB
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 11/4/2012 4:41 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 11/4/2012 2:07 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-04-2012 10:21, The Daring Dufas wrote:
You do know I was being fecesious[sic]? ^_^

Does that mean full of feces ?

Of course. I see you understand what sic means. ^_^

TDD

I don't think *you* understand what it means, Dufas. It's used when
quoting someone else's errors verbatim, not as an editorial wink about
your own intentional misspellings.

Not so, my studies taught me differently. ^_^

Adverb:
1:Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase)

World English Dictionary

sic (s?k)
€” adv
so or thus: inserted in brackets in a written or printed text to
indicate that an odd or questionable reading is what was actually
written or printed [Latin]

Here are sources of the meaning and usage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/what-does-sic-mean/

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sic

I will gladly stand corrected if you can prove me wrong. I like to
learn, something I've enjoyed my hole[sic] life. ^_^

TDD

I don't think I can *prove* you wrong, any more than I can prove you're
wrong about your politics. But *I'll* stand corrected, reluctantly, if
you can offer up a half-dozen instances of the word's use as *you* use
it, in respectable journalism.

I done went to college also (sic), and grew up with a mother who had an
MA in English from the University of Pennsylvania, and who spent her
life as a writer.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 21:43:15 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-04-2012 18:17, ATP wrote:
"EXT" wrote in message
And don't forget Jehovah's Witnesses, many were in prison for
their faith during the two world wars -- on both sides of the war.

For refusing to serve, not for their faith.

Refusing to serve IS their faith.

Part of it anyways.

Unlike the Quakers who wouldnt carry guns, but made great medics

Today, medics and corpsmen carry guns. It is felt, rightly so in my
judgment, that they have a duty to protect their patient.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/5/2012 8:08 AM, Smitty Two wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

You've lead a [sic] life. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 05 Nov 2012
08:03:27 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

\Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

You do know I was being fecesious[sic]? ^_^

Aren't you always?

But most folks don't grok it. ^_^

Most of them don't have enough sense to ever have a sense
of humor.

I feel so sorry for them, especially the P.L.L.C.F. types who take
themselves so seriously. Moral superiority is such a drag for them. ^_^

Well, they do seem to enjoy drag...

SEXIST! You are sooo evil, you bitch! (shouted with my best lisp) ^_^

Do you have the legs to pull off the look? ;-)

Snerk. I don't know why she said this, but "It's not that I can't
see him in the dress, but does he have to shoes to go with it?"

Sounds like another excuse for her to shop for shoes!

KJ was ... "pretty butch for a straight chick".
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

KJ was ... "pretty butch for a straight chick".

You say that about all the girls, though. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:19:09 -0800, Gunner
wrote:
wrote:
On 11-04-2012 18:17, ATP wrote:
"EXT" wrote in message

And don't forget Jehovah's Witnesses, many were in prison for
their faith during the two world wars -- on both sides of the war.

For refusing to serve, not for their faith.

Refusing to serve IS their faith.

Part of it anyways.
Unlike the Quakers who wouldnt carry guns, but made great medics

Today, medics and corpsmen carry guns. It is felt, rightly so in my
judgment, that they have a duty to protect their patient.

As well as themselves. I became well aquainted with a number of
medics in RVN and most all of them were well armed.

Ideally, Medics (either Civilian or in an organized military) wouldn't
need to be armed, because no civilized person or soldier following any
flavor of the UCMJ would be shooting at them - the red cross on their
uniform or tin pot helmet is supposed to mean 'Non-Combatant' on both
sides.

However, there are a lot of mercenaries, terrorists, criminals and
just plain bug-nuts crazies out there who don't believe in any
exceptions. Everyone who isn't on their side is automatically a
target.

For those cases, I have no problems with the Medics being armed if
they choose to be. And out of THEIR adherence to the Geneva
Conventions they won't start shooting at you if you aren't shooting
at them first - because if they end up dead they are of no use to
their patients. Deal?

You do better to take that deal, because once they drop you and remove
the threat, they'll probably do something insane themselves - like
try to get to you, treat you to keep you alive, and haul you off to
the hospital with the rest of the load. Figure _that_ one out.

-- Bruce --
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default armed medics and going back to medic mode

You know, a similar moment happend on the show "Combat Hospital". The woman
medics were treating civillians, and someone came in, firing. One of the
medics, female, drew and fired. As soon as they kicked the pistol away, they
went into medic mode. It was interesting to watch.

I guess they don't practice "security rounds".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)"
wrote in message

For those cases, I have no problems with the Medics being armed if
they choose to be. And out of THEIR adherence to the Geneva
Conventions they won't start shooting at you if you aren't shooting
at them first - because if they end up dead they are of no use to
their patients. Deal?

You do better to take that deal, because once they drop you and remove
the threat, they'll probably do something insane themselves - like
try to get to you, treat you to keep you alive, and haul you off to
the hospital with the rest of the load. Figure _that_ one out.

-- Bruce --

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:46:54 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Keep trying Winston. ^_^

Hey, does that mean I've finally found a way to shut you up and stop
your pompous scribblings? Hooray, my work here is finished.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11-05-2012 08:09, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Na, I'm better off moving around despite being in pain. I had to get
down on my knees and sit on the concrete to make an electrical
connection. Whenever I have to do that kind of stuff, I pay in pain
later. O_o

Last time I was sitting on concrete working with electricity
(television) I kept leaning over to scratch my butt, wondering why it
itched so much. Finally realized some idiot had wired the power cord
backward and the chassis was hot.

Glad those pants weren't a little bit thinner!

--
Wes Groleau

€œThinking I'm dumb gives people something to
feel smug about. Why should I disillusion them?€
€” Charles Wallace
(in _A_Wrinkle_In_Time_)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/5/2012 9:30 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-05-2012 08:09, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Na, I'm better off moving around despite being in pain. I had to get
down on my knees and sit on the concrete to make an electrical
connection. Whenever I have to do that kind of stuff, I pay in pain
later. O_o

Last time I was sitting on concrete working with electricity
(television) I kept leaning over to scratch my butt, wondering why it
itched so much. Finally realized some idiot had wired the power cord
backward and the chassis was hot.

Glad those pants weren't a little bit thinner!

Anyone who works with electricity and claims he has never been shocked
is a liar. All I'll ever claim is that I haven't been shocked to death.
I've worked high voltage power making splices and connections from the
underground grid to pad mounted transformers and you do not play around
with that stuff. If you feel your hair stand on end, you back away from
whatever you're working on being careful not to touch anything. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 05 Nov 2012
17:24:38 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

KJ was ... "pretty butch for a straight chick".

You say that about all the girls, though. ;-)

"She's twice the man you are, and more woman than you'll ever hope
to hold. Damn straight!"

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for,
where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

KJ was ... "pretty butch for a straight chick".

You say that about all the girls, though. ;-)

"She's twice the man you are, and more woman than you'll ever hope
to hold. Damn straight!"

Sounds like a woman you don't want to **** off.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 06 Nov 2012
06:59:27 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

KJ was ... "pretty butch for a straight chick".

You say that about all the girls, though. ;-)

"She's twice the man you are, and more woman than you'll ever hope
to hold. Damn straight!"

Sounds like a woman you don't want to **** off.

Nooo, that is for sure. When she said "wrap that monster and get
busy" - I got busy.

Fond memories....
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for,
where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Sounds like a woman you don't want to **** off.

Nooo, that is for sure. When she said "wrap that monster and get
busy" - I got busy.

Fond memories....

So, that skillet she hit you over the head with was just a glancing
blow? ;-)
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 06 Nov 2012
14:32:06 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Sounds like a woman you don't want to **** off.

Nooo, that is for sure. When she said "wrap that monster and get
busy" - I got busy.

Fond memories....

So, that skillet she hit you over the head with was just a glancing
blow? ;-)

I don't remember no skillet ... will some body answer the phone?

She's the one who told me about "Redneck Hippies" (You can tell
because they have rifle rack in the VW), but also told me about the
guy who made the mistake of ****ing off his woman. Because they'd
refused to use aluminum cookware, insisting on cast iron... she had a
goodly amount of power behind that right cross. I was most certain to
take her word for it.
Just as there is no educational value in getting kicked a second
time by a mule, there's no percentage with arguing with women -
rednecks or not.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for,
where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Gunner on Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:41:11 -0800 typed
in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

KJ was ... "pretty butch for a straight chick".

You say that about all the girls, though. ;-)

"She's twice the man you are, and more woman than you'll ever hope
to hold. Damn straight!"

Sounds like a woman you don't want to **** off.

Nooo, that is for sure. When she said "wrap that monster and get
busy" - I got busy.

Fond memories....

Sounds like a little bitty gal named Vicky I used to boink about 3
times a week. Hard as a rock but loved bedroom play. And she was GOOD
at it.

Sigh..

Fond mammories indeed

B-)
--
pyotr filipivich
Friends help you move, good friends help you move bodies. Really good

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Ever had one chase you with a baseball bat and screaming for your
blood? Have that bat brush the end of your hair as you went around the
corner, and it was a burr haircut?
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 06 Nov 2012
18:15:41 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Can't say I have. Of course, I tend to avoid antagonizing my
women folk to that extent.

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for,
where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Ever had one chase you with a baseball bat and screaming for your
blood? Have that bat brush the end of your hair as you went around the
corner, and it was a burr haircut?

Can't say I have. Of course, I tend to avoid antagonizing my
women folk to that extent.

It wasn't done on purpose. I was at her house when her cousins barged
in and begged us to play baseball with them. I told them that I had no
control over the ball when I hit it, and she was pitching. Three
pitches, and three line drives that hit the pitcher.

At least they never asked us to play baseball with them again.