Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Fukushima. The truth is coming out?

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am impressed by how relatively brave the French appear to be.
The French get 80% of their electricity from nuclear power. And
then there are the hype spreading pussies who whine and moan about
fossil fuels, but the same people don't realize the benefit of
ZERO GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS nuclear power.

Thousands of people died in the tsunami. Nobody is known to have
even gotten sick from the Fukushima nuclear power plant failure.
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

--

see also Google Groups
From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: OT Fukushima. The truth is coming out?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html- Hide quoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:00:47 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?

Vitrify and put into tunnels like Yucca Mountain.

Even safer would be to drop into subduction zones between crustal
plates, but it's probably not worth the extra effort.

Also, some proposed kinds of thorium reactors could burn it as a
side-effect.

Really, the only thing that makes it dangerous is doing nothing, which
is about what we do now. Go figure.

J.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gonjah wrote:
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

Perhaps God's Honest Truth?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2012 2:50 PM, HeyBub wrote:
gonjah wrote:
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

Perhaps God's Honest Truth?

Let's look that one up. New or Old Testament?

From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html-Hide quoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

We could start by stopping the NIMBYs from preventing construction of
safe disposal sites.

Harry K

From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/...tml-Hidequoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

We could start by stopping the NIMBYs from preventing construction of
safe disposal sites.

Harry K-

No-one knows what is safe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

Silly and ignorant rhetorical objection.

There are a LOT of plans for nuclear waste: Shoot it into the sun, encase it
in molten glass and dump the ingots into the ocean, put it in a Nevada cave,
etc.

We haven't implemented one because we don't NEED to implement one.

Yet.

By waiting until the need is urgent, we may have a better solution
available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 4:21*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

Silly and ignorant rhetorical objection.

There are a LOT of plans for nuclear waste: Shoot it into the sun, encase it
in molten glass and dump the ingots into the ocean, put it in a Nevada cave,
etc.

We haven't implemented one because we don't NEED to implement one.

Yet.

By waiting until the need is urgent, we may have a better solution
available.

Because none of the above work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/14/2012 10:50 AM, harry wrote:
On Apr 14, 4:21 pm, wrote:
harry wrote:

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

Silly and ignorant rhetorical objection.

There are a LOT of plans for nuclear waste: Shoot it into the sun, encase it
in molten glass and dump the ingots into the ocean, put it in a Nevada cave,
etc.

We haven't implemented one because we don't NEED to implement one.

Yet.

By waiting until the need is urgent, we may have a better solution
available.

Because none of the above work.

The last one is the only practical one IMO. I hope the North Koreans
aren't considering the first one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

launch into sun, or moon or even deep space. a launch boost accident
could spread radiation over a wide area............

yucca mountain and all sorts of burial..... over geological lifetime a
earthquake or volcanoe could erupt spreading radiation over a wide
area. this got yucca mountain mothballed. plus over generations future
people might drill or dig into the area by accident. 300 years from
now who is to know....

glass globes of waste core pools in ocean... a big wave could uncover
them putting people at risk. our oceans shouldnt be landfills

yucca mountain was designed to permanetely entomb tthe waste. i think
the waste should be moved to dry cask storage and kept underground in
a central facility with very high security. and not permanetely
entombed. keep it secure but recoverable

the current waste core pools arent in hardened containment and a great
terrorist target. plus they are spread all over the country including
even some closed plants. some pools are elevated, now that design was
dumb.

the risk of doing nothing but put it off is a accident or intential
event someday with very bad results
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" wrote in message
net...
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

The Truth.
Remember that 50% of the people are on the left of the Bell Curve for
intelligence, and even being on the right is not guarantee of a small
modicum of intelligence for most

From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html- Hide quoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

How do the French handle their radioactive waste ??
That seems to work pretty well.
It's not as if it's an insoluble problem.

From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/...tml-Hidequoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

We could start by stopping the NIMBYs from preventing construction of
safe disposal sites.

Harry K-

No-one knows what is safe.

Life isn't safe, you idiot
We all end up dead from it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2012 8:37 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" wrote in message
net...
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in
their real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

The Truth.
Remember that 50% of the people are on the left of the Bell Curve for
intelligence, and even being on the right is not guarantee of a small
modicum of intelligence for most

The phenomenon feeds on itself too, based largely on fear.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob haller" wrote in message
launch into sun, or moon or even deep space. a launch boost accident
could spread radiation over a wide area............

yucca mountain and all sorts of burial..... over geological lifetime a
earthquake or volcanoe could erupt spreading radiation over a wide
area. this got yucca mountain mothballed. plus over generations future
people might drill or dig into the area by accident. 300 years from
now who is to know....

You imagine that somehow magically people would forget there is waste buried
there ?
And if a volcano appeared in that area, the presence of nuclear waste would
be a MINOR problem, all things considered.

glass globes of waste core pools in ocean... a big wave could uncover
them putting people at risk. our oceans shouldnt be landfills

With the ocean, the waste would be dropped at a subduction zone, where
things are folded back under the mantle
And any wave big enough to expose anything that deep would be a Tsunami big
enough to wash over the Himalayas

yucca mountain was designed to permanetely entomb tthe waste. i think
the waste should be moved to dry cask storage and kept underground in
a central facility with very high security. and not permanetely
entombed. keep it secure but recoverable

the current waste core pools arent in hardened containment and a great
terrorist target. plus they are spread all over the country including
even some closed plants. some pools are elevated, now that design was
dumb.

the risk of doing nothing but put it off is a accident or intential
event someday with very bad results

A great deal of the "waste" could be reprocessed and reused before being
total waste

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...
On 4/15/2012 8:37 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" wrote in message
net...
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

The Truth.
Remember that 50% of the people are on the left of the Bell Curve for
intelligence, and even being on the right is not guarantee of a small
modicum of intelligence for most

The phenomenon feeds on itself too, based largely on fear.

What phenomenon ?
What fear ?
You're spinning off into fantasy-land again

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2012 10:16 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...
On 4/15/2012 8:37 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" wrote in message
net...
[...]

By phenomenon I mean: An observable occurrence or circumstance.

I wrestled with using that word as there is nothing "extraordinary"
about it.

The fear is "social" fear. More common in introverts, such as myself, so
it may not be as "largely based" on fear as I summarized. I could be
more of a macho thing.

Good observation on your part.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2012 6:21 AM, bob haller wrote:

snip

yucca mountain and all sorts of burial..... over geological lifetime a
earthquake or volcanoe could erupt spreading radiation over a wide
area. this got yucca mountain mothballed. plus over generations future
people might drill or dig into the area by accident. 300 years from
now who is to know....

snip

My knowledge of geology would preclude me from making any response with
certainty but, isn't the earth/universe basically radioactive anyway?

http://www.physics.isu.edu/radinf/natural.htm

Of course we would still have to limit expose just as we have to do with
natural radioactivity such as radon, sunshine and even granite.

From: harry haroldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html-Hide quoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

How do the French handle their radioactive waste ??
* * That seems to work pretty well.
It's not as if it's an insoluble problem.- Hide quoted text -

They are in the process ofbuilding a huge underground complex.
http://www.nature.com/news/2010/1008...l/466804a.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 4:15*pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

[...]

Already being done.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 11:15*am, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"bob haller" wrote in message

[...]

theres no guarantee of a high tech world over 100s of years, let alone
thousands.....

the waste will be dangerous basically forever. over that timeframe
humans may forget.

take a volcanic eruption of mt st helens. it devastated the local
area..........

now imagine if a waste preserve was near that eruption, the entire
northern hemiosphere would be irriated.

that may happen anyway if a storage pool collapses and burns.

theres way more waste in a pool than in a operating reactor
Posted to alt.home.repair

Attila.Iskander wrote:

The Truth.
Remember that 50% of the people are on the left of the Bell Curve for
intelligence, and even being on the right is not guarantee of a small
modicum of intelligence for most

Um, not necessarily. Somebody once took umbrage at a survey wherein 85% of
the respondents rated themselves as "above average" drivers. "Impossible,"
said the "expert" readers. "Half have to be BELOW average!"

No so.

Assume you give a test to 10 people. Nine make a perfect score and one wads
up the test paper, tosses it on the floor while muttering, "I ain't takin'
no ****in' Army induction test."

Nine of the test-takers scored above average.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2012 3:42 AM, gonjah wrote:
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

Entertainment? ^_^

TDD

From: harryharoldhrmtg aol.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html-Hide quoted text -

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste?
Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the
national debt).

We could start by stopping the NIMBYs from preventing construction of
safe disposal sites.

Harry K

In this economy, tempt the resistance with lots of money/jobs and the
vociferous NIMBY's will be told to shut the hell up. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2012 8:46 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

Do you still get a share if you're a muslim?

They should be rewarded with Triple shares

I wonder if they'd glow if you shoved it up their...... never mind. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2012 3:42 AM, gonjah wrote:
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

Entertainment? ^_^

TDD

I think you're on to something. I think I used to be amused but then it
just got old. Like me. Maybe it's part of the learning curve and some of
us got stuck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2012 10:51 AM, gonjah wrote:
On 4/15/2012 6:21 AM, bob haller wrote:

snip

yucca mountain and all sorts of burial..... over geological lifetime a
earthquake or volcanoe could erupt spreading radiation over a wide
area. this got yucca mountain mothballed. plus over generations future
people might drill or dig into the area by accident. 300 years from
now who is to know....

snip

My knowledge of geology would preclude me from making any response with
certainty but, isn't the earth/universe basically radioactive anyway?

http://www.physics.isu.edu/radinf/natural.htm

Of course we would still have to limit expose just as we have to do with
natural radioactivity such as radon, sunshine and even granite.

I remember reading something about coal fired power plants releasing
more radioactivity into the atmosphere than nuclear power plants because
coal contains radium. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...

Muslims are like enriched uranium, get enough of them together to reach
critical mass and you have a meltdown or an explosion. It seems to take
very little stress to set them off. ^_^

Another meaningless statement about a religion I'm sure you know little to
nothing about. You may as well be afraid of the boogeyman under your bed.

Muslims are NOT a "religion"
And the observation is a very valid one.
Look around the planet, including the so-called Western countries.
Whenever you start getting a big enough group of muslims, you start getting
a steady flow of social violence.
Too bad all that energy can't be bottled and processed to be used for
useful purposes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/2012 6:41 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...

Muslims are like enriched uranium, get enough of them together to
reach critical mass and you have a meltdown or an explosion. It
seems to take very little stress to set them off. ^_^

Another meaningless statement about a religion I'm sure you know
little to nothing about. You may as well be afraid of the boogeyman
under your bed.

Muslims are NOT a "religion"

You are joking right?

Muslims follow the religion of Islam. Get it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 May 2012 08:40:14 -0500, gonjah gonjah.net wrote:

On 5/2/2012 6:41 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...

Muslims are like enriched uranium, get enough of them together to
reach critical mass and you have a meltdown or an explosion. It
seems to take very little stress to set them off. ^_^

Another meaningless statement about a religion I'm sure you know
little to nothing about. You may as well be afraid of the boogeyman
under your bed.

Muslims are NOT a "religion"

You are joking right?

You're not a native English speaker, right?

Muslims follow the religion of Islam. Get it?

Good grief, you are stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...
On 5/2/2012 6:41 AM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message
net...

Muslims are like enriched uranium, get enough of them together to reach
critical mass and you have a meltdown or an explosion. It seems to take
very little stress to set them off. ^_^

Another meaningless statement about a religion I'm sure you know little
to nothing about. You may as well be afraid of the boogeyman under your
bed.

Muslims are NOT a "religion"

You are joking right?

Muslims follow the religion of Islam. Get it?

Thank you for proving me right
Muslim and Islam are two different words that mean DIFFERENT things
They are NOT SYNONYMS
Muslims are the PEOPLE who FOLLOW Islam
Islam is the RELIGION that Muslims follow.

I'm so glad I could clear that up for you

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/30/2012 9:27 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 4/13/2012 3:42 AM, gonjah wrote:
On 4/13/2012 3:20 AM, John Doe wrote:
So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.

Why do people write like this online? Is this how people talk in their
real lives?

"Pussy" "Idiot" "Moron" blah blah blah.

I've been at this since around 95' (?) and it's always been like this.

Is it that a lot of newsgroup people are stupid?

Poor vocabulary?

Miserable?

Old?

What is it? The anonymity?

Entertainment? ^_^

TDD

I think you're on to something. I think I used to be amused but then it
just got old. Like me. Maybe it's part of the learning curve and some of
us got stuck.

People take themselves TOO seriously and I view Usenet as a source of
entertainment. I was busy for a few weeks on a job where I was called
in to straighten out a big mess so an old customer and friend could get
his new location opened, which put me thousands of posts behind in this
newsgroup. I try to keep up with a number groups but running myself into
the ground meant I was so exhausted and in too much pain to do much web
surfing. I'm still over 3,000 posts behind in this group. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Fukushima. The Dufas is behind in his reading

Something I occasionally do. I do a search for "" without the quotes. And
then all the messages that are that repeatedly indented get marked read.
Cuts down on my scrolling time, a lot.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org