Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Take the Ethanol Challenge by Husqvarna

Tony Miklos wrote:
On 1/26/2012 8:40 AM, Frank wrote:
On 1/26/2012 6:28 AM, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 1/26/2012 5:35 AM, Snake Doc wrote:
On 1/25/2012 10:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:54:42 -0600,
wrote:

Nymshifting Top-poster wrote:

Husqvarna launched the Ethanol Challenge, an animated, online quiz
designed to help educate consumers on the effects of ethanol as
well as
prevention of ethanol-related product issues. Husqvarna has issued
the
Ethanol Challenge in order to provide the tools for consumers to gain
awareness about ethanol, in hopes that education can help them
maintain
and care for their Husqvarna equipment.

http://ethanol.husqvarna.com

It requires a Facebook account :-(

-Bob

Not to watch the video or to read what they have to say. I'm not sure
about registering to win the prizes.

While e10 ethanol seems to work ok in late model cars, it sure is the
fuel from Hell for small engines. I've had my Stihl, Kohler, B&S,
Generac and John Deere dealers all tell me to use e10 within 30 days or
dispose of it.

You can "dispose" of your 31 day old e10 in my car if you like!

With 2 cycle oil in it?

Sure! A couple gallons of mix mixed with 10 gallons of plain e10 isn't
going to cause me any problems.
31 days is BS. I've been working out of the same can, with stabilizer,
for 3 years, although dryness and keeping out air is important.

Ok I'll ignore all the small engine manufacturers unanimous recommendations
and listen to some anonymous usenet poster. Not!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've heard that the older engines have rubber seals and gaskets. Which
aren't ethanol resistant. Newer engines use neoprene, which can handle
ethanol. How true? Dunno.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"notbob" wrote in message

One other question: Why does this gas work jes fine in cars,
motorcycles, etc, but --as some would have us believe-- is a
mechanical holocaust for all things small engined?

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2012 12:03 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

One other question: Why does this gas work jes fine in cars,
motorcycles, etc, but --as some would have us believe-- is a
mechanical holocaust for all things small engined?

As I understand it, gasahol deteriorates at a much faster rate than pure
gasoline. Some say toss it out after 30 days, others say 90 days.

If old 90-day-old gasahol works for you, don't worry about it. Use
whatever works for you.

OTOH, I'll take the advise of the engine manufacture.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...o-E15-fuel-use

Posted to alt.home.repair

It doesn't look like the top auto companies like ethanol either.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-proposal.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/27/2012 3:03 PM, jack wrote:

It doesn't look like the top auto companies like ethanol either.

I think they're just putting out cya stuff mostly...

EPA ran a multi-year test of commercial vehicles for several years in
preparation and had no statistically discernible increase in failures.
The reason the rule came out for 2001 and later vehicles was that those
were the ones in the test class, not that there was anything
demonstrated against those prior to 2001.

That said, I'm against the mandates simply on the basis of the market
will cause whatever moves are the most economic and provide a solution
more efficiently than the government trying to continue to direct the
direction of future technology.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jack" wrote in message

It doesn't look like the top auto companies like ethanol either.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-proposal.html

Seems that the answer is simple, they all get together and make the engines
so they will not run on the stuff. Even if they do run, void the
warranties.

Either the EPA backs down or a bunch of people are out of work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-27, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Either the EPA backs down or a bunch of people are out of work.

Horsecrap!!

I remember when they first started putting alcohol in gasoline, back
in the late 80s. It was voluntary and only a couple gas companies did
it. This was right after CA and the rest of the US outlawed ethyl
(lead) as an anti-knock additive. This lowered octane which caused
pinging in less efficient engines. Anyway, one company immediately
voluntarily added 10% alcohol and got great results. In fact, for
awhile, they had gas with an octane rating 1 pt higher than all other
brands (ferget the name). Later, CA banned alky and forced MTBE down
our throats.

The thing I recall is, gas with 10% alky improved the octane rating.
I had a Dodge van with a 318 and it ran better (no pinging) on hot
days up a steep grade than gas w/o alky. End of story!! No bad seals
dried out hoses or other piddling crap, and this on a 1974 van!!!

I've always run alky based gas, since, with no probs. Later, CA
banned MTBE and made 10% alky mandatory. No problems and haven't had
any since. Now I see they want to go to 15%. That's the corn lobby!!
....one of the single biggest ag lobbies in the US. Who could be
against it? Oh!!.... couldn't be the oil industry.

Regardless, if Brazil can run on 100% alky, we can run on 10-15% alky.
Any crap to the contrary is jes that. Pure political bull****!

If you ppl are suffering from small engine failure after letting the
motor lie fallow with a carb/tank full of gas for 10 mos cuz yer too
damn lazy to drain the damn thing, it's because it's a piece of junk,
not cuz of alky gas.

BTW, my mom's 1991 Toyota pickup sat fer 2 yrs with alky gas in its
tank. Started right up and ran w/o probs to the nearest gas station.
This is real life story, not some bogus article put out by
who-knows-who behind some word processor who can't even change the oil
in their car. What crap!! It's all bull****!!

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!
Posted to alt.home.repair

that's some funny **** right there! You mentioned "top companies" then
cited ****ing toyota! LMAO!!

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2012 7:12 PM, notbob wrote:

BTW, my mom's 1991 Toyota pickup sat fer 2 yrs with alky gas in its
tank. Started right up and ran w/o probs to the nearest gas station.
This is real life story, not some bogus article put out by
who-knows-who behind some word processor who can't even change the oil
in their car. What crap!! It's all bull****!!

nb

Yer mom drives a pickup? LOL!

You'll never admit it but I'm guessing your bread is buttered by the
ethanol industry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Juan Deere" wrote in message ...
On 1/27/2012 7:12 PM, notbob wrote:

BTW, my mom's 1991 Toyota pickup sat fer 2 yrs with alky gas in its
tank. Started right up and ran w/o probs to the nearest gas station.
This is real life story, not some bogus article put out by
who-knows-who behind some word processor who can't even change the oil
in their car. What crap!! It's all bull****!!

nb

Yer mom drives a pickup? LOL!

A '91 at that.
You'd think a corn whore would at least buy his mom a new truck.

You'll never admit it but I'm guessing your bread is buttered by the
ethanol industry.

The corn business has quite a few shills.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...dustry-engines

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-28, Juan Deere wrote:

Yer mom drives a pickup? LOL!

I drive the pickup. My mom has alzheimers, the reason the truck
sat for 2 yrs. Got any more stupid remarks?

You'll never admit it but I'm guessing your bread is buttered by the
ethanol industry.

Because yer a dolt, you guess wrong.

I despise the corn industry in this country, but only cuz of how it
operates, forcing its way into our lives, food, etc, via payoffs to
dirtbag politicians. But, don't let that point distract you. The
subject is whether or not alcohol is detrimental to an internal
combustion engine. Seems pretty damn strange to me that all these
mfrs suddently claim alcohol is the grim reaper of everything
mechanical, when in fact alky has been around fer decades and whole
countries flourish on it. Are you so stupid as to be duped by the
press and bend-you-over pass-the-buck companies?

Whatever. You morons can continue this stupid argument, if you so
desire. I've never had a single problem with alky gas in a real world
situation and all yer sniveling and whining is not gonna convince me a
problem I've NEVER experienced currently exists. One nice thing about
this thread, it gives me a heads up on all the companies to avoid
doing business with in the future.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!
http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/
vi --the heart of evil!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-28, Juan wrote:

Yer mom drives a pickup? LOL!

[...]

Intelligent people present facts to support their position.

The rest sling childish insults.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2012 7:53 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/27/2012 3:03 PM, jack wrote:

It doesn't look like the top auto companies like ethanol either.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-proposal.html

that's some funny **** right there! You mentioned "top companies" then
cited ****ing toyota! LMAO!!

I own Toyota's and have for years.

They are absolutely the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-28, Ted wrote:

Intelligent people present facts to support their position.

The rest sling childish insults.

What's that make you, who provides neither?

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!
http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/
vi --the heart of evil!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-28, wrote:

Intelligent people present facts to support their position.

The rest sling childish insults.

What's that make you, who provides neither?

nb

Your previous posts that contain personal insults are the facts that
prove my statement. Review your previous posts if you don't believe me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-28, Ted wrote:

Your previous posts that contain personal insults are the facts that
prove my statement. Review your previous posts if you don't believe me.

Of course. All my posts are fact, specially the insults!

Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!
http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/
vi --the heart of evil!

Take the Ethanol Challenge by Husqvarna Nymshifting Top-poster Home Repair 18 January 26th 12 08:32 PM
Husqvarna warranty, what does it mean? Frank[_9_] Home Repair 3 March 13th 08 10:26 AM
Husqvarna - 55 Rancher Jon Home Repair 2 March 26th 07 05:44 PM
Husqvarna Chain Saw TT Woodturning 4 June 2nd 04 03:41 PM
Husqvarna chainsaw Grandpa Woodworking 17 August 24th 03 04:53 AM