TT

Default Husqvarna Chain Saw

I was dumb enough to buy another product before I checked support
information that was available and I ran into a problem with my new
chainsaw. It is a Rancher 55 and the worthless manual mentions that I should
lubricate the needle bearing weekly. This wouldn't be a big concern since I
only use the saw when I find horizontal trees that I can cut up and use for
turning. I have been doing this a lot lately. The manual doesn't explain
how to get the clutch drum off of the saw so I can find the needle bearing.
The web site is an even worse source of information than the manual. I
haven't been able to find any helpful web sites that go into much detail
about chainsaw maintenance. Has any one removed the clutch drum on a
Husqvarna chain saw? Can you tell me how it's done?

Gerald Ross

TT wrote:
I was dumb enough to buy another product before I checked support
information that was available and I ran into a problem with my new
chainsaw. It is a Rancher 55 and the worthless manual mentions that I should
lubricate the needle bearing weekly. This wouldn't be a big concern since I
only use the saw when I find horizontal trees that I can cut up and use for
turning. I have been doing this a lot lately. The manual doesn't explain
how to get the clutch drum off of the saw so I can find the needle bearing.
The web site is an even worse source of information than the manual. I
haven't been able to find any helpful web sites that go into much detail
about chainsaw maintenance. Has any one removed the clutch drum on a
Husqvarna chain saw? Can you tell me how it's done?

I have the same saw and Ignored that part of the manual. I've never worn
out a bearing on a chainsaw and it sounds silly to dismantle the thing
as often as they recommend. I also only use it occasionally.

--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"

WynnD

"TT" wrote in message ...
The manual doesn't explain
how to get the clutch drum off of the saw so I can find the needle bearing.
The web site is an even worse source of information than the manual. I
haven't been able to find any helpful web sites that go into much detail
about chainsaw maintenance. Has any one removed the clutch drum on a
Husqvarna chain saw? Can you tell me how it's done?

The company that sells and maintians Huskys says they DO NOT recommend
you grease that bearing. They indicate doing so will attract dirt and
dust....Darryl
william kossack

I've got the exact same chainsaw. Everyone that I have talked that has
chainsaws tells me it is a good saw and I should
get at least 20 years of use from it. The response from my brother who
has owned the same stil for 30 years was 'so you got a good one'.

I would have purchased an echo except they were too small for what I
wanted to do (there is a reason why the echo chainsaws are twice the
price as the others at home depot). I would have purchased a stil
except I could not find a nearby dealer in the few hours I had.

PS I've got scars on my leg from a poulan chainsaw and I've talked to
others that tried one or the other brand and not been happy. There is a
reason why the others are listed for home use.

Just keep it clean (check for loose screws etc because they will loosen
with the vibration)
keep it oiled (I fill the oil when I fill the gas)
keep fresh 2 cycle mix (a fuel stabiliser helps)
keep the air filter clean
and keep the chain sharp

TT wrote:

I was dumb enough to buy another product before I checked support
information that was available and I ran into a problem with my new
chainsaw. It is a Rancher 55 and the worthless manual mentions that I should
lubricate the needle bearing weekly. This wouldn't be a big concern since I
only use the saw when I find horizontal trees that I can cut up and use for
turning. I have been doing this a lot lately. The manual doesn't explain
how to get the clutch drum off of the saw so I can find the needle bearing.
The web site is an even worse source of information than the manual. I
haven't been able to find any helpful web sites that go into much detail
about chainsaw maintenance. Has any one removed the clutch drum on a
Husqvarna chain saw? Can you tell me how it's done?

Sympatico News

Here's a good link for chain maintenance.

http://www.oregonchain.ca/tech/manual_maint.shtm

1. Keep the chain sharp;
2. Keep the depth guages set properly.