Gerald Ross

Default Husqvarna Chain Saw

TT wrote:
I was dumb enough to buy another product before I checked support
information that was available and I ran into a problem with my new
chainsaw. It is a Rancher 55 and the worthless manual mentions that I should
lubricate the needle bearing weekly. This wouldn't be a big concern since I
only use the saw when I find horizontal trees that I can cut up and use for
turning. I have been doing this a lot lately. The manual doesn't explain
how to get the clutch drum off of the saw so I can find the needle bearing.
The web site is an even worse source of information than the manual. I
haven't been able to find any helpful web sites that go into much detail
about chainsaw maintenance. Has any one removed the clutch drum on a
Husqvarna chain saw? Can you tell me how it's done?

I have the same saw and Ignored that part of the manual. I've never worn
out a bearing on a chainsaw and it sounds silly to dismantle the thing
as often as they recommend. I also only use it occasionally.

--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"