Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Happy New Year! (12 year old boy hit by stray bullet - willlikely be a vegetable if he lives)

What really fascinating is that the moron equates guns with homicide
How does the idiot explain away all the countries with higher homicide rates
than the US that have FAR Stricter gun control than the US

Which countries is that?

It will *have to be Mexico,Thailand, Colombia or South Africa as they
are the only worse ones.- Hide quoted text -

Ah sorry.
Shouldn't have included Mexico, It's much safer in Mexico than USA.

Thailand is a puzzle. I have travelled extensively there & never saw a
gun.
Must be the fighting on the border with Burma
Posted to alt.home.repair

I knew a guy who carried his rifle to school every day. *They had a locker in
the gym for them. *BTW, he went to school in New York City.

Some time ago back in the middle of the last century I suppose? ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

He is fantasising again.
Getting confused with some Hollywood film.
After years of gov. propaganda they can't tell the difference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2012 4:05 AM, harry wrote:

I knew a guy who carried his rifle to school every day. They had a locker in
the gym for them. BTW, he went to school in New York City.

Some time ago back in the middle of the last century I suppose? ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

He is fantasising again.
Getting confused with some Hollywood film.
After years of gov. propaganda they can't tell the difference.

Harry, Hollywood films are what's responsible for producing the bizarre
stereotypes that people the world over believe about the U.S. and its
people. Americans know that movies are fiction and fantasy not gospel.
o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I started hearing semiautomatic gunfire about 6:30pm. I haven't
heard any bullets land on the roof or vehicles yet.

How many stories like this can happen, day after day, year after year,
and you gun-loving fools can say with a straight face that your country
is a better place because of your constitutional right to own
firearms...

--------------

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...unfire/1208726

Ruskin boy in coma after being struck by celebratory New Year's gunfire

RUSKIN (near Tampa Bay I guess) — Diego Duran stood on his family's
front lawn to watch New Year's Eve fireworks cut through the darkness,
snapping and popping in the air over their Ruskin home.

As the bright bursts of light fell and faded after midnight, a bullet
dropped with them.

Diego's mother saw her son collapse to the ground. His sisters and a
friend thought at first he was joking.

But when Sandra Duran knelt to check on her 12-year-old son, she became
covered in blood that poured from his nose and eyes. She drove Diego to
South Bay Hospital in Sun City Center, where doctors found he had been
shot in the top of his head. No one knows where the bullet came from,
but authorities believe it was fired from miles away in a new year's
celebration.

"Here we have a 12-year-old kid fighting for his life because he
happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time," said Hillsborough
County sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon. Detectives spoke with
Diego's family and neighbors Sunday morning and determined that no one
in the immediate vicinity of the home had been firing a gun at the time,
around 1 a.m. Sunday, according to officials.

"The bullet was quite a large one," said family friend Dee Sims. "They
said it could have come from 2 or 3 miles away."

Diego was later taken to Tampa General Hospital, where he remained in
critical condition Sunday evening. His mother was at his side all day as
he lay in a coma, Sims said, the bullet still lodged under his eye.

Sandra and her husband, Diego Sr., have rented a small home for eight
years behind Sims' 10-acre farm property. The boy has two sisters,
Genesis, 14, and Grace, 16, Sims said. Like his sisters, Diego is an A
student. He loves football and baseball and lately has become a fan of
skateboarding, she said.

The farming community where they live has its share of gun owners and
hunters, Sims said. Celebratory gunfire isn't unusual. "We hear it all
the time," Sims said. "I don't know why people do things like that."
The firing of weapons into the air in celebration is not an uncommon
practice, particularly among immigrants from countries where there are
few or no laws prohibiting it.

It's illegal in most states, including Florida. Authorities often remind
people not to do it. "Nationally it's a huge issue," McKinnon said.
"What somebody thinks is a cheap form of fun and entertainment, it has
potentially catastrophic consequences."

Still, it happens.

Last year, a 6-year-old boy was hit and injured by a stray bullet during
a New Year's Eve celebration he was attending with his parents at a
Miami restaurant. In 2007, a 69-year-old Plantation man was killed in
his back yard on New Year's Day by a stray rifle bullet.

A 2006 incident in which two people were shot during a New Year's Eve
celebration in Delray Beach led then-state House Majority Leader Adam
Hasner to introduce a bill increasing the penalty for firing a gun into
the air. The bill did not pass, and the maximum penalty for firing into
the air remains a year in jail.

But if someone is hurt or killed, the consequences are much greater.
The lethality of a bullet depends on the trajectory at which it is
fired, as well as the speed at which it falls. If fired at a
non-vertical angle, it maintains enough speed to do damage.

"Some of them go over a mile high," McKinnon said. "Depending on the
angle of the bullet, it could come down a couple of miles away."

Detectives want to talk to anyone who might know of someone who was
firing any type of weapon into the air early Sunday morning in the
Ruskin area. Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough
County Sheriff's Office at (813) 247-8200.

I shot a bullet in the air.
It fell to ground I know not where.

First, Let me say I'm in complete agreement that doing the above is a
stupid and dangerous thing for which perpetrators should be penalized if
cought doing it.

But, maybe we should ban home swimming pools, they seem to kill more
kids than falling bullets do:

http://downloads.nsc.org/pdf/Pool_Safety.pdf

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2012 2:40 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 3, 6:46 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve wrote:
How many stories like this can happen, day after day, year after year,
and you gun-loving fools can say with a straight face that your
country is a better place because of your constitutional right to own
firearms...

Look around you. Society is going in the crapper. People are out of
jobs.
Gangs abound.

What are things like on your planet?

Steve

Safer.

Really ??
Let's see
http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/...d-States/Crime

You are 25% more likely to be a crime victim in the UK than the US
You are 133% more likely to be the victim of assault in the UK than the US
Bribery is 16% higher in the UK than the US
There are 326 times more drug offenses committed in the UK than the US
(Having all those druggies around must make you safer too)
Americans feel 17% safer than residents of the UK
You have 125% more rape victims than the US
(That's YOUR definition of "safer" for your women..)

I don't know what YOUR definition of "safer" is
But the statistics put the lie to your claim

I notice too from your own link you left out the statistics about
murders comitted by firearms.
Just shows what a creeping liar/retard you are.
USA is fourth from the worst/topofthe list.
UK is thirtyninth.

You are nearly 700 times more likely to by murdered by gun in the USA
compared with the UK.

The USA is up there along with Colombia and South Africa.
You are four times more likely to be murdered by gun in the USA than
Mexico.

How is it that this is no surprise to anyone who has more than half a
brain?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-with-firearms

Now go away and get an education you retard instead of spouting NRA
drivel on here.

Oh, FOAD, harry- stay out of the large urban areas (which aren't fit for
humans in any country), and your odds of getting shot are vanishingly small.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2012 12:10 PM, harry wrote:
On Jan 5, 1:00 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/5/2012 4:05 AM, harry wrote:

I knew a guy who carried his rifle to school every day. They had a locker in
the gym for them. BTW, he went to school in New York City.

Some time ago back in the middle of the last century I suppose? ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

He is fantasising again.
Getting confused with some Hollywood film.
After years of gov. propaganda they can't tell the difference.

Harry, Hollywood films are what's responsible for producing the bizarre
stereotypes that people the world over believe about the U.S. and its
people. Americans know that movies are fiction and fantasy not gospel.
o_O

TDD

Duf, they are also responsible for stereotyping us Brits.
We are always the evil, mad scientist bent on destroying the world
with some doomsday device. The good guys are always American.

But you notice they also tend to show intellectuals with a Brit
accent.
I hear Yanks love to go to Phoney Bliars lectures and hear him talk.

How dare anyone call Dr. Who evil?! ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:11:31 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/4/2012 8:50 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:33:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/3/2012 7:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I shot a branch off a tree, one time. The branch was rubbing power wires.
Used a 12 gage shotgun, and a deer slug. The farmer (who owned the gun and
the tree) had tried a couple rounds of bird shot, which didn't work.

I've used guns to make vent holes in trash burning barrels. Same farmer,
same shotgun.

Read of one fellow who used a M-16 to make a vent hole in his brick chimney.

I've spent many a day at the shooting range, knocking down empty shotgun
shells, or bouncing pieces of wood around, for recreation. Used to borrow a
.22RF rifle from a fellow I know.

I've also done pest control (woodchuck / groundhog) for farmers. Farmers who
don't need or want holes in the ground. (No humans were injured in this
activity). Different farmer, and he had a bolt action Remmington .222 I was
able to use.

So far, zero stupid accidents, and zero mass murders. Someday, I've got to
buy a gun. Yeah, I keep saying I ought to have one around. Maybe next year.

I know a guy who grew up in Alaska and he and the other school kids
carried guns to school. When they got to school, their guns went into
their lockers along with their arctic gear, the snow shoes were probably
too big to fit in their lockers. The guns had something to do with
keeping bears and wolves from eating them on their way to school. There
was never a fight or any violence at the school involving guns. ^_^

I knew a guy who carried his rifle to school every day. They had a locker in
the gym for them. BTW, he went to school in New York City.

Some time ago back in the middle of the last century I suppose? ^_^

'60s, yeah.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:10:18 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

On Jan 5, 1:00*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/5/2012 4:05 AM, harry wrote:

I knew a guy who carried his rifle to school every day. *They had a locker in
the gym for them. *BTW, he went to school in New York City.

Some time ago back in the middle of the last century I suppose? ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

He is fantasising again.
Getting confused with some Hollywood film.
After years of gov. propaganda they can't tell the difference.

Harry, Hollywood films are what's responsible for producing the bizarre
stereotypes that people the world over believe about the U.S. and its
people. Americans know that movies are fiction and fantasy not gospel.
o_O

TDD

Duf, they are also responsible for stereotyping us Brits.
We are always the evil, mad scientist bent on destroying the world
with some doomsday device. The good guys are always American.

No, harry, people like you are responsible for that. Well, you're not
speaking Russian.

But you notice they also tend to show intellectuals with a Brit
accent.
I hear Yanks love to go to Phoney Bliars lectures and hear him talk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 23:24:05 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

On Jan 3, 6:46*pm, "Attila.Iskander" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

Safer is not being shot by some deranged nutcase. Not the irrelevant
drivel you have come up with.
This should give you a clue. Are you a retard?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...nd-deaths.html

Here are a couple of people who likely wouldn't be alive (and a perp that
would be) were it not for a cool little lady with a big gun.

http://www.politicalforum.com/curren...es-infant.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Fuel station workers (union ones, standing around and eating) say gas is
going up at the pumps.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
It does, heck, heart disease is the number one killer in The U.S., I
don't know about Canuckstan, up there the number one cause of death is
probably due to being eaten by a polar bear. ^_^

It's a good thing "global warming" is killing 'em all, eh?

No, it must be indigestion or food poisoning from eating all those
P.L.L.C.F. who infest the area. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 6, 12:20*am, aemeijers wrote:
On 1/4/2012 2:40 AM, harry wrote:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-murders-with-...

Now go away and get an education you retard instead of spouting NRA
drivel on here.

Oh, FOAD, harry- stay out of the large urban areas (which aren't fit for
humans in any country), and your odds of getting shot are vanishingly small.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Heh. The countryside in the UK is the place where there ARE guns.
Various nutters shooting rabbits & deer & whatever else.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...253831/Arizona...

Here are a couple of people who likely wouldn't be alive (and a perp that
would be) were it not for a cool little lady with a big gun.

http://www.politicalforum.com/curren...hoots-kill...- Hide quoted text -

Where does it say it was his intention to kill her or her baby?
Once again your comrehension of English is poor.

BTW, she would have been entitled to shoot him in the UK too.
And she could legally have a shotgun.

I also notice the police didn't say it was OK to shoot him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Where does it say it was his intention to kill her or her baby?
Once again your comrehension of English is poor.

Under the common law - beginning with the Magna Carta - the offense is in
the eye of the beholder. Threatening a bank teller with a water gun is - in
all jurisdictions - an armed robbery if the bank teller THINKS the assailant
is wielding a real pistol.

That said, then, a potential victim does not have to wait until the assault
matures. If the potential victim THINKS he is about to be put in jeopardy of
life or serious bodily injury, that thought alone is sufficient.

BTW, she would have been entitled to shoot him in the UK too.
And she could legally have a shotgun.

Absolutely not true if she had an opportunity to further retreat. And in the
UK she could not have had the handgun with which she was also armed.

I also notice the police didn't say it was OK to shoot him.

Neither did the mayor, her next-door neighbor, or her pastor. The police
were never in the loop. In fact the cops didn't even SHOW UP until 21
minutes after the woman contacted emergency dispatch.

As an aside, I find that time lag reprehensible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 6, 2:59*am, harry wrote:

http://www.politicalforum.com/curren...ts-kill...Hide quoted text -

Where does it say it was his intention to kill her or her baby?
Once again your comrehension of English is poor.

"On New Year's Eve Martin returned with another man, Dustin Stewart,
and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon
began trying to break into McKinley's home.

When Martin kicked in the door and came after her with the knife, the
teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old.Stewart soon turned himself
in to police."

Maybe harry wants to play the odds that maybe he
was only going to rob or rape her. Harry would
enjoy that, so he'd wait to see how it turned out.
The woman chose not to. Another one of the
thousand of examples where a weapon is used to
prevent a serious crime, injury, rape or death.
Problem is they are usually not reported by the
mainstream media with it's obvious bias.

BTW, she would have been entitled to shoot him in the UK too.
And she could legally have a shotgun.

I also notice the police didn't say it was OK to shoot him.- Hide quoted text -

"Police are calling the shooting justified.

"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home.
The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly
force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said."

As usual, it's the village idiot with the reading
comprehension problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:59:13 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

They broke into her home while she, and her baby, were there, dumbass. Do you
think they were there to deliver diapers? Someone as stupid as you probably
would.

BTW, she would have been entitled to shoot him in the UK too.
And she could legally have a shotgun.

Not a pistol, which she also had.

I also notice the police didn't say it was OK to shoot him.

You don't read well, either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

Ah yes, ignore all the OTHER crimes that affect your safety
After all safety is ONLY about the risk of being shot

But ignorati such as you IGNORE the a very large number of the homicides
in
the US are committee by a VERY SMALL minority ON EACH OTHER
And if that small segment of the population is ignored, I have about as
much
chance of getting shot as idiots in the UK like you...

This should give you a clue. Are you a retard?

Compared to you even a mushroom is a ****ing Einstein

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...253831/Arizona...

DOH !
Arizona compared to Hawaii ??

You ****ing moron
Arizona is right next door to Mexico, you stupid mushroom
Hawaii, is one the more restrictive states in the US regarding guns
Why don't you compare Arizona to Vermont, which has ALWAYS had to MOST
PERMISSIVE gun laws in the US

OH but wait, that would blow your dishonest comparison out of the
water..- Hide quoted text -

The other crimes don't involve you ending up dead.

Another weasel reason from the ignoramus

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 5, 1:29 am, "Attila.Iskander" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

harry wrote:

I notice too from your own link you left out the statistics about
murders comitted by firearms.
Just shows what a creeping liar/retard you are.
USA is fourth from the worst/topofthe list.
UK is thirtyninth.

You are nearly 700 times more likely to by murdered by gun in the USA
compared with the UK.

The USA is up there along with Colombia and South Africa.
You are four times more likely to be murdered by gun in the USA than
Mexico.

How is it that this is no surprise to anyone who has more than half a
brain?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-murders-with-...

Now go away and get an education you retard instead of spouting NRA
drivel on here.

More murders per capita in the US granted. But raw numbers are not that
simple.

You have to look at whether the dead people needed killing.

In the vast majority of cases, they did. Subtracting the killing of
goblins, stink-eyes, gomers, and other evil-doers from the tabulation,
the US is in a very competitive position compared to the rest of the
world.

What really fascinating is that the moron equates guns with homicide
How does the idiot explain away all the countries with higher homicide
rates
than the US that have FAR Stricter gun control than the US

Which countries is that?

It will have to be Mexico,Thailand, Colombia or South Africa as they
are the only worse ones.

That's enough to disprove your stupid claim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

What really fascinating is that the moron equates guns with homicide
How does the idiot explain away all the countries with higher homicide
rates
than the US that have FAR Stricter gun control than the US

Which countries is that?

It will have to be Mexico,Thailand, Colombia or South Africa as they
are the only worse ones.- Hide quoted text -

Ah sorry.
Shouldn't have included Mexico, It's much safer in Mexico than USA.

There you go being ignorant again

Thailand is a puzzle. I have travelled extensively there & never saw a
gun.
Must be the fighting on the border with Burma

AH yes, just because YOU didn't see anything means that it's OK..
snicker

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

I knew a guy who carried his rifle to school every day. They had a
locker in
the gym for them. BTW, he went to school in New York City.

Some time ago back in the middle of the last century I suppose? ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

He is fantasising again.
Getting confused with some Hollywood film.
After years of gov. propaganda they can't tell the difference.

The only ignorant confused, fool in la-la-land is you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 1/5/2012 4:05 AM, harry wrote:

[...]

Ther you go with your ignorant "Hollywood fantasy" again
And then you go projecting it on others.

But you notice they also tend to show intellectuals with a Brit
accent.
I hear Yanks love to go to Phoney Bliars lectures and hear him talk.

Yup
Gossip tramps fact in your universe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2012 2:40 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 3, 6:46 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve wrote:
[...]

Apparently that makes you **** your knickers too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
"harry" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

More weasel response.
1) She would probably not be able to get a shotgun because she just
turned 18
2) And if she were able, the process would be so onerous that she
wouldn't have yet succeeded
3) Then there are the "safe storage" requirements which would have
probably prevented her from getting to it in time
4) Then there is the example of the farmer who was prosecuted for
shooting some burglars on his land

Too bad, you're living in some "Hollywood fantasy" about self-defense in the
UK

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Jan 6, 2:59 am, harry wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

Well according to harry and his ilk, she had no way of knowing the intruders
meant her harm
The hunting knife was only because they were afraid of the dark

BTW, she would have been entitled to shoot him in the UK too.
And she could legally have a shotgun.

I also notice the police didn't say it was OK to shoot him.- Hide quoted
text -

"Police are calling the shooting justified.

"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home.
The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly
force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said."

As usual, it's the village idiot with the reading
comprehension problem.

Harry is a classic example of a moron, too stupid to know when not to
demonstrate his ignorance

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 11:22*pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

http://www.politicalforum.com/curren...an-shoots-kill....

Where does it say it was his intention to kill her or her baby?
Once again your comrehension of English is poor.

BTW, she would have been entitled to shoot him in the UK too.
And she could legally have a shotgun.

I also notice the police didn't say it was OK to shoot him.

More weasel response.
1) * *She would probably not be able to get a shotgun because she just
turned 18
2) * *And if she were able, the process would be so onerous that she
wouldn't have yet succeeded
3) * *Then there are the "safe storage" requirements which would have
probably prevented her from getting to it in time
4) * *Then there is the example of the farmer who was prosecuted for
shooting some burglars on his land

Too bad, you're living in some "Hollywood fantasy" about self-defense in the
UK- Hide quoted text -

Was that the case where he shot them inside his house in the middle of
the night? Or are you referring to a different case?

Either way it pointed up the stupidity of the Brit gun law.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 11:22 pm, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:38 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

No
Same case

Either way it pointed up the stupidity of the Brit gun law.

Yes indeed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Yogesh R UK diy 0 December 28th 09 08:34 AM
Happy New Year noreaster Woodworking 4 January 1st 08 04:43 PM
Last Happy New Year [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 7th 06 08:46 PM
... and a happy new year! Nick Müller Metalworking 2 January 2nd 06 06:28 PM
Happy New Year !! Matt Zack Woodworking 9 January 2nd 06 03:47 AM