Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Generators, run on nat. gas....

Great logic. Way to go!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

"Engine puts out a lot of heat."

If you installed it inside, and they put out so much heat,
then you
wouldn't need to run your furnace which means you wouldn't
need to run
the generator.

Think of the savings.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:58:58 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

Totally as an aside, FYI, and all that, on the offshore rigs, natural gas
would be taken out of the wellhead, refined slightly (probably the water and
particulates filtered out), then used to power the pumps that pumped the
rest to the refineries.

Steve

We had three production barges in the Java Sea working that way. Gas
off the three phase separator, through a liquid knock-out drum, into
the engine.

We did get caught one time though when another well came on stream
making a lot of wet gas, some of which got through the system and
resulted in burned valves in a 500 KW generator.

--
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

When the propane or butane turns to gas, what does it
become? Dinosaur fossils? Frosted Lucky Charms?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

The freezing (melting) point of butane is -138°C, the
boiling point
is -0.5°C. (~+30°F)
The freezing (melting) point of propane is -190°C, its
boiling point
is -42°C (~-44°F)

You don't actually burn propane or butane; you burn the
vapor/gas. In lower
ambient temperatures, it's harder for the liquid to turn
into a gas.
Anything below the boiling point temperatures above, and
you'll get nothing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On 16 Nov 2011 01:57:12 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
om:

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in news:G-
:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I want a conversion kit to run my snow blower on Natural Gas.

Oh yeah...and a long flexible hose.

No need for the hose if you get a conversion kit for propane. Couple
of coat-hangers to attach the tank to the handle-bars and you're
good to go.

You may have to hook up a heater for the propane tank... or use
butane.

Butane freezes at much higher temps than propane - butane ~-0.5°C,
propane ~-40°F/C.
See http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/501hcboilingpts.html

Nope.

The freezing (melting) point of butane is -138°C, the boiling point
is -0.5°C. (~+30°F)
The freezing (melting) point of propane is -190°C, its boiling point
is -42°C (~-44°F)

You don't actually burn propane or butane; you burn the vapor/gas. In
lower ambient temperatures, it's harder for the liquid to turn into a
gas. Anything below the boiling point temperatures above, and you'll
get nothing.

Sorry, I meant indeed boiling point. So generally there is noneed to
heat propane tanks, but butane can get problematic near freezing.

Propane motor fuel is extremely hard to start an engine with when cold
-and heat is a definite requiremenr for the vapourizer in cold weather
- unless you are running liquid injection.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2011 5:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've found NG to be very reliable. Still, as the world gets
more uncertain, it's a valid question.

"Helping" others. Please realize that I've had a LOT of
people want me to do things for them. And many of them
cheerfully wanted, and sometimes with desperation, demanded
me to be responsible for this or that. I've met a lot of
users, and a lot of leeches. I've met some people who I wish
I hadn't met. My perspective is changing over the years, and
as society goes more and more into the mode of "it's someone
else responsibility". These are the people who really stand
out in my mind.

If you and your neighbors worked as a team, that's terrific
and wonderful. I've had very, very few moments when any of
my neighbors has helped me out in any way. I can think of
one, off hand, in sixteen years. Make that two, as I think
some more.

You may be the next victim of people who are establishing
depenadnce on you. Be careful.

We had a storm back during the Summer that knocked out power for a while
and I just gotten out of the hospital because a bout of pneumonia
so I was in no shape to go out and volunteer to help tornado victims.
I loaned my neighbor an LED floodlight and gave he, his wife and six
kids an extra 20lb bag of ice I'd picked at a grocery store. I help my
neighbor and he and his family look out for me, funny how that works.
Because of the tornadoes that ripped through the state, a lot of people
needed help immediately and it didn't come from any government, it came
from a great many plain folks volunteering their time and resources to
make sure their neighbors were helped. A local Conservative talk radio
station put out a call to the community after listeners started calling
in out of the blue offering to help out. The radio show hosts all got
together and decided to become an impromptu disaster call center
connecting people to volunteers and resources. Nobody demanded payment
and gave freely of what they had. I guess we Americans are strange and
wonderful people especially down here in the South but we can't claim it
was all local, there were people sending supplies and volunteers from
around the country. I'll be darned If I don't recall some international
volunteers too. The town of Phil Campbell, AL was devastated by by the
tornadoes and a very strange thing happened, guys from all over the
country and the world who just happened to be named Phil Campbell,
showed up to help rebuild the town. ^_^

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/%E2%...-campbell-ala/

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ffc5w9

TDD
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:44:17 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

When the propane or butane turns to gas, what does it
become? Dinosaur fossils? Frosted Lucky Charms?

Flammable as hell.

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Glad that Americans, at least some of them, are willing to
help out. I'll join in when the town of Christopher Young
takes a tornado hit. Sooner, if I feel like being helpful.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ja0eia
:

Glad that Americans, at least some of them, are willing to
help out. I'll join in when the town of Christopher Young
takes a tornado hit. Sooner, if I feel like being helpful.

There is an old (optimistic) Dutch saying:

Wie goed doet, goed ontmoet

Wie is pronounced as the game thing, Wii
The g is a hard g, like in Hebrew
The oe sound is like the english oo in good
the rest should be similar ...

"Whoever does good, will encounter good"

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On 16 Nov 2011 20:19:52 GMT, Han wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ja0eia
:

Glad that Americans, at least some of them, are willing to
help out. I'll join in when the town of Christopher Young
takes a tornado hit. Sooner, if I feel like being helpful.

There is an old (optimistic) Dutch saying:

Wie goed doet, goed ontmoet

Wie is pronounced as the game thing, Wii
The g is a hard g, like in Hebrew
The oe sound is like the english oo in good
the rest should be similar ...

"Whoever does good, will encounter good"

That's why, when I do someone a favor, I ask them to pass it on. I am
so far behind in passing along that I will probably never catch up.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 15 Nov 2011
13:15:33 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

" wrote:

Nah, gamers need to move out of mommy's basement and get a life.

How do you get them out of the basement without cutting holes in
walls & floor, and using a crane?

Tunnel down to the basement wall, add an outside access with
stairs (or a ramp). Convert basement to a "daylight Basement". Use
dirt to landscape the garden. Home improvement on many levels.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Gunner Asch on Wed, 16 Nov 2011 04:03:49 -0800
wrote:

When the propane or butane turns to gas, what does it
become? Dinosaur fossils? Frosted Lucky Charms?

Flammable as hell.

And here I thought Hell was already flaming.

Oh wait, that's West Hollywood.

Never mind.

pyotr
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:15:06 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ,
says...

" wrote:

Nah, gamers need to move out of mommy's basement and get a life.

How do you get them out of the basement without cutting holes in
walls & floor, and using a crane?

Tunnel down to the basement wall, add an outside access with
stairs (or a ramp). Convert basement to a "daylight Basement". Use
dirt to landscape the garden. Home improvement on many levels.

You're overcomplicating it. Just tell them that the chick next door is
sunbathing nekkid. They'll be out in a flash.

The last step, of course, is to lock the door.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

Great logic. Way to go!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

"Engine puts out a lot of heat."

If you installed it inside, and they put out so much heat,
then you
wouldn't need to run your furnace which means you wouldn't
need to run
the generator.

Think of the savings.

Got a 2 cyl. aircooled ex-Airforce gen. that went on one of their flight
line
portable lighting units. Opposed Onan flathead engine, with the cowling
around the
cylinders and the air cooling exhaust blown out a 3 inch by about 12 inch
duct. Put it
behind my garage and plumbed the air exhaust duct into the garage interior.
Heats it up nicely, but a little noisy.
More current I pull from it, the warmer the garage gets. Guy had two of
them and said if I got one
running, I could have the other. Nothing but a ruptured fuel pump diaphragm
fixed his. And mine had the
almost new engine, and just needed a resistor. Got about $30 in it, I
think. One of the very few good
deals I've been in on.

Garrett Fulton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

"J. Clarke" on Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:15:06 -0500
In article ,
says...

" wrote:

Nah, gamers need to move out of mommy's basement and get a life.

How do you get them out of the basement without cutting holes in
walls & floor, and using a crane?

Tunnel down to the basement wall, add an outside access with
stairs (or a ramp). Convert basement to a "daylight Basement". Use
dirt to landscape the garden. Home improvement on many levels.

You're overcomplicating it. Just tell them that the chick next door is
sunbathing nekkid. They'll be out in a flash.

That'd work.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

In theory, it should be possible to use the indoor air for
the engine cooling, thus putting the heat into the building.
I think your "been there, done it" field report is valuable.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

ETQ generators? zxcvbob Home Repair 7 December 30th 10 04:31 AM
O/T generators Andy R UK diy 31 March 23rd 06 02:25 PM
OT - Generators Dan Metalworking 9 September 14th 05 06:12 PM
Generators Sparks UK diy 15 September 10th 05 12:48 AM
generators in2minds UK diy 9 January 18th 04 05:14 PM