Posted to alt.home.repair

Default brain-dead WWV 'atomic clock'

Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

Hmmm
Maybe the reception of WWV signal is poor. Try the clock at different
spot in the house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

I got three that worked as they should and have the correct time, one
didn't. I just pulled the battery and put it back in and there it
goes.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 7:51*pm, aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had *gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

--
aem sends...

Is it possible that the clock thinks you are in a different time zone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have an inexpensive bedroom clock. It is not an atomic clock and it
doesn't use WWV but somehow it always resets correctly at the time
change. I don't know how it does this.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2011 7:51 PM, aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

I don't have a diagnosis, but I have one like that. It is a Sharp
And it works the morning after the change, then resets itself
sometime in the afternoon. But the good thing is that the next
day, this morning this time around, it is correct again. So the
thing to do is to ignore it on the day it resets. It
has bugged me for some time how it does that. Obviously some
problem in the programming. However, I have another one, same
model, that I bought later. They "fixed" that one. Now it
is programmed to change by date, not by the flag on the
time signal. So it changes by the old DST schedule. It was
an hour behind for the past week, and will be an hour ahead
for a month come Spring. I lived with it for the past week,
but come Spring I will go ahead and change the time zone so
it reads right.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2011 7:59 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
I have an inexpensive bedroom clock. It is not an atomic clock and it
doesn't use WWV but somehow it always resets correctly at the time
change. I don't know how it does this.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

That one is programmed with the time change in the processor
inside the clock. I have one like that, only mine was built
before they changed the DST dates. So it is off by an hour
for a month in the Spring and an week in the Fall. The
thing that amazes me is how accurate it is. It hangs right
in there almost on time for months at a time. Of course
if the battery goes dead you lose it and have to reset it.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

Speaking of,
I have one of these and I love it, the time and date are always
correct and it recharges the battery.... I wish they made a dress watch
like this,
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MTG900DA...736520&sr=1-12
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2011 2:17 AM, Mr. Austerity wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset
itself just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself
back to daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later
the hands had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

Speaking of,
I have one of these and I love it, the time and date are always correct
and it recharges the battery.... I wish they made a dress watch like this,
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MTG900DA...736520&sr=1-12

They used to. I have a model wva-430a with a stainless steel case and
link bracelet that I purchased at a military exchange about 3-4 years
ago. It has worked flawlessly. When I am outside the US and cannot
connect to the time signal, the quartz movement keeps time to within
about 2-3 seconds/month.

I see on the web that every link to that model shows out of stock or
otherwise unavailable. Hard to believe that Casio didn't sell enough to
warrant continued manufacture. I love mine. I'd really love an
equivalent watch that picks up the European time signals as well as the
US and Japanese ones. The only ones I've seen are manufactured by
boutique companies and cost 10 times or more what I paid for the Casio.

Maybe you can luck out finding a used one on-line although I wonder why
anyone who owns one would want to dispose of it unless it was faulty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2011 1:17 AM, Mr. Austerity wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset
itself just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself
back to daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later
the hands had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

Speaking of,
I have one of these and I love it, the time and date are always correct
and it recharges the battery.... I wish they made a dress watch like this,
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MTG900DA...736520&sr=1-12

I think you can get fancier atomic watches, but I didn't want to pay
the extra price for one. Mine has been working fine.

Bill

Atomic clock jmagerl Home Repair 0 June 7th 08 02:22 PM
Atomic clock Bob Home Repair 11 June 6th 08 02:40 AM
Atomic clock Red Green Home Repair 2 June 4th 08 02:39 AM
Brain Dead Telstra Home Repair 0 October 2nd 05 10:13 PM
Brain Dead Telstra Home Repair 0 October 2nd 05 10:07 PM